Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Interesting Find with NPCs and Accession! (Sch)

Hey, Just did some testing and i know its not GROUNDBREAKING NEWS, but i found out something with Accession and NPC

Say your friend has an NPC out, and your a SCH and want to say ... Regen II your friends NPC. Just do this

Step One, Accession,
    Step Two, Cast RegenII on your Friend, Not yourself... This will cause it to hit his NPC!
    This also works with Erase, and Etc other party Specific Spells, as long as its casted on the NPC holder.

Just thought i'd let you all know, If its old information sorry, was new to me

Again, Nothing groundbreaking, just thought i'd let everyone know ;3 could save your NPCs life

Edit: Accession

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Re: Interesting Find with NPCs and Accession! (Sch)

Quote Originally Posted by March Update
    The following changes have been made to fellows:

* -HP and MP recovery for fellows will now take less time when the /heal command is used.
    * -Magic and other abilities you use on party members will now also benefit the fellow you summoned.
    * -Fellows' equipment requirements have been changed.
    * -Fellows can now use a greater variety of equipment.
    * -The magic recast time for fellows has been decreased.
    * -Conditions for the usage of recovery magic for stalwart shield and soothing healer type fellows have been changed.
    * -Fellows will no longer use the white magic spell "silence" on monsters in the crab and beetle families.
    * -Certain fellow abilities have been strengthened.
    * -Fellows no longer use the following weapon skills:
    * Spinning Attack/Cyclone/Circle Blade/Shockwave/Spinning Scythe/Earth Crusher

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Well, it's still worth noting that using an Accession'd spell on yourself won't affect a party member's NPC. Whether it's bugged or intentional, it's worth knowing. (Then again this might be OFN, I haven't really been paying attention to such discussions recently)

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Djohn
    Well, it's still worth noting that using an Accession'd spell on yourself won't affect a party member's NPC. Whether it's bugged or intentional, it's worth knowing. (Then again this might be OFN, I haven't really been paying attention to such discussions recently)
    Yah, they made that pretty clear, only party specific abilities you cast will affect your npc. PlayerA Cant cast Erase on playerB's NPC, and so on.

But, Under the effects of Accession, a Scholar, lets name him PlayerA, can cast a party specific spell like RegenII, ono PlayerB's NPC, otherwise impossible.
    However, Casting RegenII on PlayerA, will not result in playerBs NPC getting RegenII, this is intended, as stated by the qoute below of the first reply.

So In Conclusion, to further reiterate this, Not for djohn mind you
    PlayerA is a SCH, and lets say PlayerB Has NPC out, and PlayerC is just there.
    Casting RegenII on PlayerA will not result in playerBs NPC recieving it.
    Casting RegenII on PlayerC Will not result in playerBs NPC recieving it.
    Casting RegenII on PlayerB Will result in PlayerBs NPC recieving it.

This also works with Erase, and other party specific spells.
    I plan on testing if it works with Phalanx, Enspells, and etc, im hoping it does, but we need to test first.

Thus being able to cast party specific spells on others NPCs by target the designated player.
    O and for Lulz

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe
    Quote Originally Posted by March Update
    The following changes have been made to fellows:

* -Magic and other abilities you use on party members will now also benefit the fellow you summoned.
    Magic and other abilities you use
    and other abilities you use
    abilities you use
    Do You SEE what im trying to say yet? Allowing OTHER People to cast party specific Spells on your NPC, The update only allowed YOU to cast party specific spells on YOUR own NPC, the way im describing is allowing OTHER people (if they're a SCH and have Accession) To cast a Party specific Buff on YOUR NPC.
    For instance if RDM/SCH had Accession he could refresh your NPC with it using that Ability on the player with the NPC out, However it is still unsure if his own NPC would recieve the effects (As the SCH in question did not have her NPC with her at the time, will test this when i test Enspells and Phalanx etc, and post it in the SCH Discussion thread this time)

But in all fairness, after reading my own post i could see how if you only read the first 2 lines you could get this conclusion, and this is why i reworded it a few times in this post, hopefully to clear up any miscommunications.

Thank you!

Edit: IM Rather positive Enspells and Phalanx would only work on the SCHs NPC as you cannot cast these spells on other players, Makes sense doesnt it.

So, it only works on Party specific spells you can target other people with.
    Also works with Non-party specific spells if anyone cares, like Protect and Shell, using the same method as above