+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: WoW Pserver     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Change this later.
    BG Level

Re: WoW Pserver

Is there any sort of guild formed on this server yet?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The server has a normal drop rate reason being that anything above 1x drop rate was not allowing some quest items to drop. Also the server will no longer shut down around 3am. (DAMN AUTOMATIC UPDATES!).

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Stupid question time! I have a wow account and it's been patched to 2.4 or whatever, will I have to do anything specific to be able to connect to your server?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Well its not the account its the client. Yeah you'd have to install another copy of wow and update it to 2.3.3 which isn't a problem unless your running a mac. To do this on a PC change the name of the wow folder and run your wow installer and it should be like you never installed wow. After its done running the main installer run the tbc installer then rename the new World of Warcraft folder to something like WOW PS and rename your older wow folder to World of Warcraft. Run the patches up to 2.3.3 in the WOW PS folder and your set. Then go to http://jeatin.ath.cx/aspen/ to sign up and follow the directions below the sign up on how to edit your realmlist.wtf

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Yeah client that's what I meant =)

Cool so that's not bad, no downloading involved so it's something I could do this century since I'm on DSL.

So do you have all kinds of commands and shit? How much control do the players have over the game or is it just standard private server?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Hm... There are a lot of commands but normal players don't have a lot of them. I'd be more than willing to give someone a GM account as long as they are careful.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Ok haha, interesting... ok more questions since I'm bored as hell at work.

You dont have to level and can just generate crazy gear for yourself right? Or is that not how it works?
    What are you planning on doing once you get enough people on? Kill some of the big baddies?

Also, not that I want to currently, but will I be able to launch normal WoW from the Wow_Old folder or whatever? Or just rename the folders around each time?

I have a couple friends I can probably get on here to mess around.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Day
    Ok haha, interesting... ok more questions since I'm bored as hell at work.

You dont have to level and can just generate crazy gear for yourself right? Or is that not how it works?
    What are you planning on doing once you get enough people on? Kill some of the big baddies?

Also, not that I want to currently, but will I be able to launch normal WoW from the Wow_Old folder or whatever? Or just rename the folders around each time?

I have a couple friends I can probably get on here to mess around.
    Yeah you can generate any gear thats in the game or if I'm really patient (Which I haven't been) I can make gear. But I'd rather not mess up the tables with some stupid uber gear lol.

You can launch the 2.4 wow from the 2.4 wow's folder and the private server wow from the private server wows folder. It doesn't matter since wow doesn't have registry entries.

Downloading all the clients & patches now. Already registered/created an account.

I has no clue how to pley. :< I had a Lv30 something Undead Warlock a long time ago on my friends account on official, but anything I learned is gooooooooone.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I have just cleared all accounts that were never logged in so if your account was caught in that please re registered !

Ill play when you update to 2.4, I don't feel like installing it all over again lol. And all the downloading is just rediculous.

Change this later.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ikith
    Yeah you can generate any gear thats in the game or if I'm really patient (Which I haven't been) I can make gear. But I'd rather not mess up the tables with some stupid uber gear lol.

Can you make some huge bags?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eratosthenes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikith

Can you make some huge bags?
    I think so... But there already are some 28 slots in the db.

Played for about an hour or so, exp rate is pretty high. But, uh.. where is everyone?! >:O

I wanna be a GM, only 'cause I want to give myself a bunch of skill points and gold and rare equipment. :<

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    Played for about an hour or so, exp rate is pretty high. But, uh.. where is everyone?! >:O

I wanna be a GM, only 'cause I want to give myself a bunch of skill points and gold and rare equipment. :<
    Hehe Not to many people play still... PM me your account name so I can set your account level.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata
    WoW Realm
    Dethecus

Tryin to get this to work, got myself a few a friends that are gonna try it out. Can't change the set realmlist and set patchlist though, won't let me save the file.

I opened it up in notepad and just changed the info and closed, automatically prompted me to save.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata
    WoW Realm
    Dethecus

I opened it up in notepad and just changed the info and closed, automatically prompted me to save.
    Keeps giving me an error when I try to save to make sure the filename and path are correct

nvm, had to save somewhere else and replace the file, fuckin Vista and Administrator

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaplade
    Keeps giving me an error when I try to save to make sure the filename and path are correct

nvm, had to save somewhere else and replace the file, fuckin Vista and Administrator
    Yeahhh... Upgrade to XP !

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The server is back up and running after a quick fix. EventAI had wrong settings to access the database. Thank you for your participation. All data was saved before server shutdown.