+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: WoW Pserver     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Re: WoW Pserver

Send a Guild invite to Olaf, or let me know who I need to tell for an invite, thanks.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Both servers are up and running. Accounts were lost because of a screwup when editing the realmlist database. Characters were lost because the database had to be dropped to rename it. Characters are NOT mirrored. There is a minor glitch where if you create a character on one server it will put a 1 on the opposite server. This is something I don't know how to fix so I have submitted a report to mangos core. Good luck everyone and have fun.

There has been a change in names so look below for the server types (Both PVP):
    Ash (Funserver): Online
    Aspen (Blizzlike): Online

Registration page: http://jeatin.ath.cx/aspen/

Edit: I leave you with a screenshot of the servers desktop!

I gotta remake my account then? :<

ARGH I R AM NO GM WAAAAH

Blah, my friend's probably gonna be pissed. D:

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001
    Blah, my friend's probably gonna be pissed. D:
    Oh whys that? If he really wants he can reroll and I'll do a .level on him to get him back to what he was rofl.

Eh, he's weird about MMOs. Refuses to pay monthly fees, so me getting him on this is about the closest I can get into nudging him closer to accepting that future gaming likely involve content downloads or monthly fees. He wasn't terribly far, maybe level 30ish and having done some Engineering and Mining to modest levels, but simply losing all the quests and such kinda blows his ego.

While I'm sure it's just a quick fix to tweak his stats, he's not really the type to go for that even if you duplicated everything down to the finest detail. Especially when asking it of someone he doesn't even know, nor do I really know you. So acting as the middleman is kinda hodgepodge.

I did let him know, though, and he was certainly displeased. I told him about the circumstances and so on, but he at least seems interested in trying things the Blizz way. Only thing I'm worried about is him getting turned off by a lack of bodies to help make that work since basic level progression really thrives on quested/instanced gear that you can't really solo (easily). Guess I'll be able to tell you more once he's started up again.

For now, are there known bugs you're attempting to address, or are we basically at the mercy of this being an emulation of the WoW servers? Seemingly getting stuck in combat mode can be a pain since it prevents you from talking to some NPCs, logging out normally, or using certain abilities. Enemy aggro is weird in that they might not give up on you or just wait while you do something else. NPCs have buggy collision detection, going through floors or floating in the air (imagine part of this is due to the combat bug). Aside from that, I'm glad it's giving me something to do when burnt out from FFXI and the like. I never got into main WoW past the early 40s since it didn't really feel worth the monthly fee on top of immaturity of the community and their ability to act on it.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Stop being your friend's bitch and tell him to play or stop crying. What the hell.

Also, the stuff you described happens in WoW sometimes too it's not a perfect game at all but the few bugs that do exist certainly aren't major enough to warrant discussion past the mentioning.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001
    Eh, he's weird about MMOs. Refuses to pay monthly fees, so me getting him on this is about the closest I can get into nudging him closer to accepting that future gaming likely involve content downloads or monthly fees. He wasn't terribly far, maybe level 30ish and having done some Engineering and Mining to modest levels, but simply losing all the quests and such kinda blows his ego.

While I'm sure it's just a quick fix to tweak his stats, he's not really the type to go for that even if you duplicated everything down to the finest detail. Especially when asking it of someone he doesn't even know, nor do I really know you. So acting as the middleman is kinda hodgepodge.

I did let him know, though, and he was certainly displeased. I told him about the circumstances and so on, but he at least seems interested in trying things the Blizz way. Only thing I'm worried about is him getting turned off by a lack of bodies to help make that work since basic level progression really thrives on quested/instanced gear that you can't really solo (easily). Guess I'll be able to tell you more once he's started up again.

For now, are there known bugs you're attempting to address, or are we basically at the mercy of this being an emulation of the WoW servers? Seemingly getting stuck in combat mode can be a pain since it prevents you from talking to some NPCs, logging out normally, or using certain abilities. Enemy aggro is weird in that they might not give up on you or just wait while you do something else. NPCs have buggy collision detection, going through floors or floating in the air (imagine part of this is due to the combat bug). Aside from that, I'm glad it's giving me something to do when burnt out from FFXI and the like. I never got into main WoW past the early 40s since it didn't really feel worth the monthly fee on top of immaturity of the community and their ability to act on it.
    We have noticed a few bugs such as mobs not spawning in certain required circumstances. Some of this is NOT fixable by ANY of the gms! It is in fact a bug/something not implemented in the server core (Being MaNGOS). Mobs do work properly they will de aggro just like in normal servers. Collision detection is just the matter of changing a value in the database. Its really easy to fix (sometimes) but I'm still learning about SQL and all of that. Each and every report I receive that I can't fix goes to the higher ups and will most likely be fixed in the next revision.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

It's fun to play around in. just gotta get all the FPs again ; ;

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I have some huge news for you all! I know I just brought the server down recently to bring up a new realm! WELL. It seems that the people at UDB have finished their 2.4 database and I will be updating as soon as the MaNGOS core supports it. This is huge news! HUEG! I wish you well while you all play 2.3.3 on the private server. Both realms will be down and it will take approx 2-3 hours to do this update. (This includes recompiling core and scriptdev as well as updating both databases. No account data will be lost (I hope) and no character data will be lost (I hope again)). Thank you for hanging tight while we wait for 2.4.x support!

I think I just came. Mangos now supports 2.4.1! Just waiting on udb!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You actually have people playing on the server now?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    You actually have people playing on the server now?
    Very few but yes!

Edit: MaNGOS Core is now compiled! I am waiting on the patches so I can start extracting the data. Then I will be waiting on UDB.

Will the system auto-update, or will we have to download the patches manually?

I hope they fixed how the imps near the warlock trainers in the undead starting areas kill you...kinda annoying, heh.

Change this later.
    BG Level

Now, I've got a question about something I noticed.

When I use Vanish, I don't automatically enter stealth mode when Vanish's bonus effect wears off. Is this a glitch, or is it something they changed since I stopped playing a couple months ago?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata
    WoW Realm
    Dethecus

Can I not log in because I am not updated to 2.4, or is the server down atm?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaplade
    Can I not log in because I am not updated to 2.4, or is the server down atm?
    Server is still down! Waiting on UDB now all of the settings and data has been changed. Just waiting on the udb release. May not be up until tommorow unfortunetly.

Edit: Also you will have to patch manually.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

so is it safe to update to 2.4 right now? I'll just do it through the main WoW game. Just asking cause it involves updating all my addons. Oh yeah. can you set our crafting lv's, or we gotta do that manually? enchanting would suck to do again <.<

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan
    so is it safe to update to 2.4 right now? I'll just do it through the main WoW game. Just asking cause it involves updating all my addons. Oh yeah. can you set our crafting lv's, or we gotta do that manually? enchanting would suck to do again <.<
    Update to 2.4.1. Next time the server is up it will support 2.4.1 for sure. I can set craft levels yes. !

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

kk, will go update now then

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The suspense is killing me! I asked for an eta and got:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/soon

!

Anyway I've been informed that the db in its first release may not have Sunwell plateu spawned yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast