+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: WoW Pserver     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

WoW Pserver

Hi there. I have started a wow private server (delete if against rules) and was wondering if any bgers would like to play wow for free. Contact me and we can set you up (Currently only runs 2.3.3. There is no support for 2.4 yet so thats what I'm waiting on.). Basically its just for fun and boredom. !

Re: WoW Pserver

T6 for all?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    T6 for all?
    Sure ! As I said its just for fun.

Ill do it when I get wow installed on my new computer.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Just hit me with a PM and I'll get an account setup since I'm to lazy to implement a web browser registration.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

How would someone who has never touched WOW before go about with this <_<

I'm not really interested in it, but if I could mess around for a few days on a private server to see what all the fuss is about it would be cool I guess =x

Relic Shield
    BG Level

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors
    Near the bottom is where you download the client get these 2 (Both under playable client):
    None ? 2.0.0
    and
    2.0.0 ? TBC (Full)

They are pretty big so it may take 2-3 hours each then:
    http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/worl ... 18951.html
    http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/worl ... 20557.html
    http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/worl ... 20876.html

Install the wow client then tbc expansion then patch using the files above in order. Then PM me and I can get you through the rest since past that part you have to go and edit a file in the wow folder then I have to set you up an account.

Edit: The server isn't that populated right now so it'd just be pure screwing around.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Hate to bump and double post but theres a new registration page for the server:
    http://jeatin.ath.cx/aspen

Register and go nuts !

Anyone and everyone is welcome get your friends spread the word.

Edit: Update to the site you can now specify if you want a bc account or not !

Old Merits
    BG Level

Registered but it says unable to connect?

EDIT: Working now, but can't connect to the Mangos server ingame.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fallso
    Registered but it says unable to connect?

EDIT: Working now, but can't connect to the Mangos server ingame.
    Is fixed. Hope you had fun playing for the short time you did :-p!

Change this later.
    BG Level

I made a character, a night elf named Schlager. Now, on a server that is only sparsely populated like this, where do I go to find people?

D/ling the clients now.

played WoW a couple times before, only getting up to level 10 each time before I quit >.> might stick around longer since no pay and all :D Already playing FFXI and EVE for the most of my time...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zhais
    D/ling the clients now.

played WoW a couple times before, only getting up to level 10 each time before I quit >.> might stick around longer since no pay and all :D Already playing FFXI and EVE for the most of my time...
    Invite friends... We need to get more pplz rofl.

Bah, just gonna borrow the expansion discs from a friend... can't d/l properly on my laptop since the torrent seems to be down, and its not on long enough to get a multi-gig file without problems.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Bah, just gonna borrow the expansion discs from a friend... can't d/l properly on my laptop since the torrent seems to be down, and its not on long enough to get a multi-gig file without problems.
    I've actually found the normal downloads to be faster than the torrents since they are at more predictable speends (Usually around 175-200kbps) but thats me and who the fuck knows what comcast has done to torrenting now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The private server is down. I'm updating to the newest UDB release (Still no 2.4 support) and the new core server. The registration may be down for a couple days just in case the newer verions causes compatibility issues.

Might have a friend or two interested in messing around on a private server, now that I've talked to them. One definitely wants 2.4 support tho since something or other changed with his favorite class during that one.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Might have a friend or two interested in messing around on a private server, now that I've talked to them. One definitely wants 2.4 support tho since something or other changed with his favorite class during that one.
    I hear the work on core to support 2.4 is going well and UDB is already working on the databases but I really can't tell yall when it will be released. But when it is I assure you I will have it up. I'm learning how to compile the core and scriptdev and I'm just about to re extract the maps, vmaps (Cuz I screwed up last time and never had them installed), and dbc for the newer core. I'm having a bit of trouble here and there and I may have some trouble running the new core since I don't know how to do the Databases up to support the newest core.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The World of Warcraft Private Server is up an running again. No account or character data was lost ! Have a good time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The Aspen realm will be down tommorow from anywhere around 7-11am for an hour after start time. I will make sure to do a broadcast just incase anyone is on. The reason being that the drop rate is actually set to high and some quest items are not dropping because of this. The rates will be changed to a sane number (Its set to about 1000 for xp/xpquest/xpexplore/xpkill/drop) this will be changed to the following:

All XP factors: 100
    All drop factors: 50

The server only supports 2.3.3 right now but I've been talking with the people at UDB and MaNGOS and they say that their progress twords supporting 2.4.x is coming along nicely. As soon as support for 2.4.x comes out I will compile the core and update the databases and inform you of it. The registration page still seems to work even after switching to DB 0.9.3. Right now we still have a low number of players so it will remain a fun server (AKA you can request me to level you to 70 and give you gear and such). If you find any problems other than what was listed above please inform me and I'll find out the problem.

Have fun and I'm sorry that I keep posting on top of myself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast