BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ashu Talif Quests Awards     submit to reddit submit to twitter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Ashu Talif Quests Awards

It used to be the chests would contain several random items, but now it seems like there are only 2 or 3 including the stupid obligatory shurikens. Is it like this for everyone now or have we just had some weird luck?

Re: Ashu Talif Quests Awards

Not quite sure what you mean,

Tier 1: random gems, koga shuriken, star sapphire if you are lucky(not sure if getting extra chest gives extra chance at star sapphire)

Tier 2: random gems, koga shuriken, yoichi's sash and cerberus hide if you are lucky(IDK if you can get both luckies at same time)

Tier 3: random gems, koga shuriken, Barbarossa Pants if lucky

As far as ???boxes go, PUP attachements, random junk, hydra stuff(scale/fang) , ???

???gloves from tier 3 rarely appraise to Barbaroosa Hands

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It is all random the amount of items you get. Just going through an unlucky streak.

Quote Originally Posted by shihei
    Tier 2: random gems, koga shuriken, yoichi's sash and cerberus hide if you are lucky(IDK if you can get both luckies at same time)
    Yoichi sash from treasure pool from chest, hide is from ??? box you appraise later

as far as I can tell, the rare/ex appraisal rewards are:

tier1: matron's knife

tier2: megrim crown

tier3: barbarossa's mouffles, barbarossa's zerehs

all at a relatively low rate from the appropriate ??? item, of course.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

zerehs are not an appraisal. They are found with the chest loot when you open them.

??? Box from tier 2 can be Khroma, as well!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I was talking about the random jewels in the chest. There had always been 3 or 4 if I remember right, and lately there's been just 2. Not a really big deal, but curious.

In that case, weird luck. Yesterday, our box had 3 gems. A couple days ago, we got 6 gems/coins, but a few days before that we only received a mythril beastcoin.

I just want to know where all the Deathstones and Angelstones have gone. We used to see one or the other almost every day back in December.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia
    I just want to know where all the Deathstones and Angelstones have gone. We used to see one or the other almost every day back in December.
    I suspect SE changed the rate. My LS has a static that does this on a regular basis, and at one point (pre-Wings) they sold me all their HQ3 stones as one big group. Unfortunately (at the time) there had been more angel and death stones in the mix than any other kind. Since my goldsmithing mule had no use for them, I grumbled and muled them off to store them.

When Wings arrived, I made a crapton of gil off those stones. :D However, as far as I've heard, they haven't seen anymore of them, just the other HQ3 gems.

In that case i did a deathstone and angelstone after the new expansion but as for after last update, idk, i quit ffxi. ninja'd or terrible luck.

edit: get, belongs somewhere in that sentence. /waking up still

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I think that we did have a deathstone drop post WOTG, I'm not sure though. It does seem rarer to me, but that might just be "OMG POST UPDATE DRING DROP INCREASE" syndrome.

We were doing two of these twice a week until our RDM quit FFXI and definitely got death/angelstones after WotG was released. I remember because I kept winning angelstone lots so after a few we decided to have a rotation instead of freelot on those, but then the price dropped again so it didn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia
    SE removed it from your static's chest loot pool because you keep spilling the beans on how to farm ashu.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I know "Scouting the Ashu Talif" is just a matter of throwing 2-3 blu's, an rdm/drk (if going for imp), but does this setup hold true for the following 2 quests? (asking this in the spirit of newbie section/spirit of the post).

I understand there's slightly stronger fomors on level 2 Ashu Talif, that blue AOE spells might not be able to deal with as quickly.