BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Salvage Bosses - Brd x2 or Brd and Cor?

Finally starting my salvage group after collecting the right jobs. Right now set up is Mnk,Mnk,Whm,Rdm,Brd,Thf,Sam and Brd or Cor. Wondering what to do for certain zones, which would be better? Brd x2 or Brd and Cor?

Re: Salvage Bosses - Brd x2 or Brd and Cor?

BRD and COR I'd say.
    Extra MP refresh for your mages.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I'd say Brd & Cor seeing as you already have the principal jobs.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Kk, ty, also full power Monk's roll will be much better than the one I woulda gotten from the Thf/cor. Ty for help.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

BRD + COR > BRD+BRD for a lot of things.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

We've tried bard + corsair once, boss was Battleclad and didn't even use discoid. Dullest fight ever.

Same, the few time we could bard+cor, with monk's roll up we saw only one discharge the whole fight. However I think using a cor must not prevent you from gearing a 3rd melee.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

brd+cor ballads+evoker's roll and songs+monk's roll is holy shit win.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

MNK roll plus Penance Rotation = Epic Win

Quote Originally Posted by Starr

Testers Cape has same color I think

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

BRD+COR all the way. MNK's roll is obscenely powerful (1 Discharge during all of Hundred Fists), SMN roll stacks with Ballad, and Wild Card is absolutely ridiculous. The only reason I'm liking BRDx2 right now is the fact that it lets us eat meat on the bosses without losing March or Minuet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferien
    BRD+COR all the way. MNK's roll is obscenely powerful (1 Discharge during all of Hundred Fists), SMN roll stacks with Ballad, and Wild Card is absolutely ridiculous. The only reason I'm liking BRDx2 right now is the fact that it lets us eat meat on the bosses without losing March or Minuet.
    Hunter's Roll is a lot better than you'd think it is without a Ranger. Pretty sure after testing it on a lot of things that the data available on Accuracy values without RNG is wrong. I think it scales a little better than that, and it's enough really to help out.

For myself, though, I'd do Meat + March/Mad + Chaos/Monk's. Chaos Roll is still on average (if you don't suck at rolling and playing odds and using fold/randomdeal) 16% atk, which at 400ish attack is... just over 60. Which is barely lower than what MinIV puts up (cap is 66). Getting a much higher ACC benefit and gaining more Accuracy than going with Hunter's.

from failwiki:
    Code:
    +27 Accuracy at combined skill 454-471.
    +28 Accuracy at combined skill 472-488.
    Traversiere +1 adds +4 Accuracy.
    Merits add +1 Accuracy per upgrade.
    so +32 right? owns hunter's roll anyway even with in RNG unless you get lucky/11(/10?).

I am a Cockwhistle
    BG Level

BRD + COR. As long as you have the BRD, a COR is gonna blow away a 2nd BRD in the utility it brings to a chariot fight.

1) Monk's Roll. Less TP moves = Hate is more solid since the healers need to do less curing hopefully.

2) Corsair is like 200% better support for your mages than a 2nd BRD, since you can only have Ballad I/II. Warlock's Roll can really help make up for a mage lacking INT/MND, Staffs, or some specific skill gear. Evoker's Roll stacks with everything. Scholar's Roll isn't shabby either.

3) Quick Draw. Quick Draw owns Chariots. Enhanced Paralyze's stacked with the normal Slow II/Elegy routine and Monk's Roll utterly cripples Chariots, as well as providing solid damage at least once a minute. As long as you have staffs unlocked / AGI, or a decent amount of gear, the resist rates are not bad at all. Unlocked AGI alone will put you at almost no resists. Also gives you Quick Draw spam for burst damage with 2HR + Random deal.

4) Wild Card. Yes, it's luck based, but you're gonna get something really nice out of it at the very least.

If you're not going for a Chariot, i'd still probably say that COR > 2nd BRD, but by less than in a Chariot fight. Buffing is about equal, sleeping ability is a bit less, COR can do actual damage in farming runs though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

don't forgot that those elemental shot by cor will help the fight alots easier if any enfleebling sucessfully land on the boss too.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Osede
    don't forgot that those elemental shot by cor will help the fight alots easier if any enfleebling sucessfully land on the boss too.
    Quote Originally Posted by shukuffxi
    3) Quick Draw. Quick Draw owns Chariots. Enhanced Paralyze's stacked with the normal Slow II/Elegy routine and Monk's Roll utterly cripples Chariots, as well as providing solid damage at least once a minute. As long as you have staffs unlocked / AGI, or a decent amount of gear, the resist rates are not bad at all. Unlocked AGI alone will put you at almost no resists. Also gives you Quick Draw spam for burst damage with 2HR + Random deal.
    Um...?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferien
    Hunter's Roll is a lot better than you'd think it is without a Ranger. Pretty sure after testing it on a lot of things that the data available on Accuracy values without RNG is wrong. I think it scales a little better than that, and it's enough really to help out.

For myself, though, I'd do Meat + March/Mad + Chaos/Monk's. Chaos Roll is still on average (if you don't suck at rolling and playing odds and using fold/randomdeal) 16% atk, which at 400ish attack is... just over 60. Which is barely lower than what MinIV puts up (cap is 66). Getting a much higher ACC benefit and gaining more Accuracy than going with Hunter's.

from failwiki:
    Code:
    +27 Accuracy at combined skill 454-471.
    +28 Accuracy at combined skill 472-488.
    Traversiere +1 adds +4 Accuracy.
    Merits add +1 Accuracy per upgrade.
    so +32 right? owns hunter's roll anyway even with in RNG unless you get lucky/11(/10?).
    We've been doing bosses with 2x BRD, using March x2, Min, Mad. I really like the 2nd March, though now that I think about it, it's not actually doing anything for our timers (23% in gear for me, Haste+Mar2 is 49%, right?). Also, for myself at least, a Chaos Roll will outdo Min4, as I'm sitting on 442 attack before zerk and food. The debate would really be how each combination of songs/rolls performs damage-wise (Mar1/DRK, Mad/DRK, Min/RNG, Mar1/RNG, since Mar2 and MNK would be a given) and if they do indeed outperform Marx2/Min/Mad.

We could probably do it pretty safely Mar/Mad/DRK/MNK, but the real problem for us is that our only COR is also a relic BRD. Yes, Evoker's makes up for the extra 2/tick over Fife, but it's still a consideration.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What should I make the Brd and Cor sub?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

WHM and WHM, respectively.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thought so ty, god, 9mp/tic refresh at the lowest point is gonna be so nice >.<

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMoomba
    What should I make the Brd and Cor sub?
    If you're doing Silver Seas, COR/NIN makes a great puller for Powderkeg and Gyro3 rooms. Otherwise, like the above poster said, WHM for both.