Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Logging Cell usage for Zhaylom 1f Madame

So, a JP in my LS today stated that on the JP forums, it's being said that you can use cells during 1f of Zhaylom and log, and then come back and kill through a wing, and the Madame will pop. Can anyone confirm or deny that this works?

Re: Logging Cell usage for Zhaylom 1f Madame

it's a LITTLE more complicated than what you said. here's the deal. if, at any time after at least 1 gent has fallen, all members currently inside zhaolym remnants are completely locked, the madame will pop. the madame does not despawn once popped for any reason other than porting up. this means that you must leave at least 1 member totally locked until you kill the gent or you can not pop the madame. after killing that gent, call a time and everyone but that 1 locked member must log out. when all players other than the one totally locked member are clear of the zone, the madame will pop and you can kill it whenever you care to. drops any 15 from the zone which is significantly nicer than say, killing the entire no drop wing of floor 3 for the blm hands.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kysmet
    So, a JP in my LS today stated that on the JP forums, it's being said that you can use cells during 1f of Zhaylom and log, and then come back and kill through a wing, and the Madame will pop. Can anyone confirm or deny that this works?
    Yeah, I can confirm it works. All you do is have one person, usually the WHM, not use any cells as your are clearing the rooms on the first floor.

The best way to do it is get all the cells you want from the first room of the 4 wings then choose a wing you want to clear and kill the frog that pops, after that call a time and have everyone that used a cell to log out. They can come back as soon as possible, don't need to wait. The madame will pop at where the cell chest was.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aylin Celesse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

Definitely works- we've done this once or twice for a Zhaylom farm when we were without SS Cards.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

<.< it's on the zhayolm thread, explained from start and tested several times.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

We normally keep a Monk locked, as they can contribute to damage without any cells.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Chupunpupun
    Yeah, I can confirm it works. All you do is have one person, usually the WHM, not use any cells as your are clearing the rooms on the first floor.

The best way to do it is get all the cells you want from the first room of the 4 wings then choose a wing you want to clear and kill the frog that pops, after that call a time and have everyone that used a cell to log out. They can come back as soon as possible, don't need to wait. The madame will pop at where the cell chest was.
    Will pop around there, but I've seen her move quite a bit.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by skurlover

That's the general spot the group should be heading, where do you suggest they go??

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by skurlover

It won't leave the "room" that the chest pops in (as in, she won't go through either of the 2 doors near her). It's a pretty small area.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Wait, so as soon as you kill the Gent, have everyone log out right after Gent's death and just leave 1 naked guy logged in, and Madame will pop once everyones logged out?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yes, assuming the 1 person you leave in there is completely locked.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMoomba
    Wait, so as soon as you kill the Gent, have everyone log out right after Gent's death and just leave 1 naked guy logged in, and Madame will pop once everyones logged out?
    Just for clarification, you don't have to have everyone log out immediately after killing the gent. After killing the gent, just head back to the hallway before the starter chest. Have your unlocked person hang out while everyone logs.

Quote Originally Posted by daffelz
    Just for clarification, you don't have to have everyone log out immediately after killing the gent. After killing the gent, just head back to the hallway before the starter chest. Have your unlocked person hang out while everyone logs.
    i like to get the gent out of the way and pop the frog asap so that 1 locked person can get up and running faster, rather than sitting out the whole floor. after we do that, we mop up the rest of the floor that we need and go hurt the madame right before porting.

Quote Originally Posted by Spekkio
    Quote Originally Posted by daffelz
    i like to get the gent out of the way and pop the frog asap so that 1 locked person can get up and running faster, rather than sitting out the whole floor. after we do that, we mop up the rest of the floor that we need and go hurt the madame right before porting.
    Oh absolutely. My wording might have been a little vague. I just didn't want him to think they everyone was required to log out directly after killing the gent. Plenty of time to loot chest, sort cells, head back to starter chest, etc.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

How long are people usualy on the first floor when trying this? We just did it last night for the first time and took like 30m to get off the first floor which is waaaay too long imo.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

My group as never done this (we usually rely on SSR cards), but I would imagine it would depend on how many people you take vs who all you are trying to gear up. If you go with 6-7, shouldn't have to farm that many extra cells (if any) as the first 4 rooms should gear most everyone up (also depends on first chest). And for us, the mobs die insanely fast (I pretty much have to chain-pull as brd), so clearing a wing shouldn't take that long (it would just be the extra running around and farming that would take up the most time, although we generally split up and take a MNK+WHM and farm extra cells in other wings if needed).

I wanna try this soon as we are out of SSR cards anyways, but I had a question about first floor madame, too. What is the drop rate like on madame for 15s? It would be nice to be able to get some 15s off this instead of pretty much wasting future runs going for floor 3-4 frogs to complete pieces.

my group usually does this w/ an SSR card in lieu of popping the 3rd floor frog w/ all the HP. we port as soon as our 3 people have all the stat cells they need, since time is far more critical than ensuring that everyone has chr and your drks have MP unlocked. by going 1st>socket>slot>5th>6th, we can grind it out very efficiently with a small number of people and still capture one of the pissy 15 pieces w/o burning an entire run to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    How long are people usualy on the first floor when trying this? We just did it last night for the first time and took like 30m to get off the first floor which is waaaay too long imo.
    I've done this once, it took us 30mins as well on the first try, with a 15 to drop. From other posts in Zhay thread, it isn't 100%, but drop rate is higher. Of course with practice with anything in salvage, your times can be significantly reduced, but with this path, I'd be very suprised if anyone can shave more than 5mins off this, or with port time under 25mins.

- Most can clear all 4 inner rooms in 10mins, 8 is best time i've seen/heard. Choose path which will cockblock you least, raptor bugard wings

- 3 more rooms to full clear + invis/travel time, thats another 8-10mins.

- Kill Gent, 1 min

- /logout 2mins (Barring everyone KNOWS why they are doin this and doesnt ask any last minute questions -_-)

- Invite/Invis/travel time back to madame 2-3mins

- Madame Kill 2-3mins (barring no charms) Max 5 with charm

- Port time, should have someone waiting so 0 min

So yea, just taking the values on the low side, you end up at about 23mins. You have to be highly efficient with no mistakes to hit that kind of time. If you already do, then

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

We usually kill Puks, then Ziz and clear all rooms out in that wing while one of our rdm's pulls raptors and bugards. Plus we just kill the Mamool that is in the path towards Ziz wing. While we are killing the madame, we have our whm waiting at porter up. Takes us at most 25mins to do this.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Is it reasonable to kill 1F madame and make it to 4F in under 30 mins for the pop condition? Just curious.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast