Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lowman Kirin - Feedback appreciated

I've tried searching up the site with Kirin strategies for a low man group.. Kept coming up with that one Milkman post spamming almost every other page..

Anyways, a band of my crew or so is starting to look up on killing Kirin. We've probably got about almost 5 sets of seals from killing the lesser gods, so we really need to do some inventory cleaning soon.

Our group consists of the following.. Everyone or most people are multi jobbed for the most part, so I need your help in suggesting what is the better group capable of killing it in REASONABLE amount of time.. Say 3 hours maximum.

Every tank has /NIN, most mage have /drk, etc whatever general subjobs.

0 Relics
    0 KC DRK

TANKS / MELEE
    1 - PLD, NIN w/ Crimson
    1 - PLD SAM MNK w/ Crimson // RDM BRD
    1 - NIN DRG
    1 - NIN DRK MNK SAM WAR
    1 - DRK RDM THF

MAGE
    1 - RDM WHM BLM // NIN WAR MNK RNG
    1 - RDM WHM // BST
    1 - RDM WHM BLM BRD // NIN THF MNK
    1 - SMN WHM // SAM

OTHERS/ETC
    1 - Dualbox THF MNK
    1 - Dualbox BLM
    1 - Dualbox BLU RNG (Try to leave him out of SB'ing summons)

POSSIBLE DUALBOXES (Will use if needed)
    1 - RDM BRD
    1 - PLD

Does anyone see this group working? THanks in advance

Re: Lowman Kirin - Feedback appreciated

No reason at all that it couldn't work if you're patient, kite Kirin while killing summons and then whittle him down. Just pray you don't get fucked over on Astral Flow.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Like what was said above, as long as Astral Flow doesn't rape you, you should be fine . Good luck!

New Merits
    BG Level

I would say have as many RDM sub drk as you can (maybe 1 in the tank pt /WHM for erase) and have any one who can go SAM RNG or BLM do so.

Only thing I could see being a problem is the baby spawning on top of each other. Having power house jobs in place of a ton of numbers can push you threw it though.

Also maybe try bring meds like sleep pots or w/e. Again perperation can make up a lot for low numbers. Astral Flow shouldn't be that big of a deal if you make sure everyone is ready for it(50% start calling it out). Seering Light is the only pain in the ass one anyways.

Just tell everyone to bring RR and you can always sac the babies from Kirin if you wipe.

Near full alliance is low man? Q.Q

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    Near full alliance is low man? Q.Q
    9-14 is low man for kirin without zerg.

Thanks for supporting responses. I know it's probably doable, with time being the main factor.

Let me move on to this question -

LLK said you can sac the summons; I've noticed before that if they don't have hate, they proceed to the ??? spot. Usually someone in kiting PT always got aggro around this point after. I've never watched them despawn if that's the case. Is this possible? Or do they just remain at the ??? spot until Kirin's dead?

It's very doable with those numbers. Use 2 people to kite, and the rest on summons. 1PLD/NIN 1 RDM/NIN is ideal for kiting. It's soloable but 2 is safe. Very important to use poison pots during kiting while waiting for summons.

With min numbers, it's nice to have a ranger for shadowbind during suz/seiryu 2hrs. Just mix the rest with dd's, couple bards and healers. With the right setup, which I can see happening with the multi leveld jobs you guys have, it shouldn't take as long as you might think. 2 box that bard with something that isn’t going to be really occupied. PLD and 2 boxing bard doesn't work too well. Don't know what people are referring to with the sacing, other than just resetting the timer before depop, but I'd just kill them. GL

Quote Originally Posted by gaidensensei
    Thanks for supporting responses. I know it's probably doable, with time being the main factor.

Let me move on to this question -

LLK said you can sac the summons; I've noticed before that if they don't have hate, they proceed to the ??? spot. Usually someone in kiting PT always got aggro around this point after. I've never watched them despawn if that's the case. Is this possible? Or do they just remain at the ??? spot until Kirin's dead?
    They act like normal summons:

1) they do not aggro.
    2) when they have no hate list, they will proceed to Kirin's side.
    3) they will assist Kirin if they have no hate list and they are within aggro range of his target.
    4) they will despawn when Kirin dies and no sooner.

Parts 2 3 and 4 taken together mean that you can't shed them without killing them.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'd go with:

Kite party:

PLD/NIN
    RDM/BLM
    WHM/BLM

Add party 1:

PLD/WAR
    WHM
    SAM/WAR
    DRG/SAM
    RDM/DRK
    DRK

Add party 2:

BLM
    BLM
    BLM
    SMN
    BRD

Basically, manaburn Genbu, Chainstun and zerg Suzaku, Invincible Hundred Fists, and pray that Byakko isn't particularly nasty. You might want to bring BRD/BLM to make sure you land ES Elegy 100% as Byakko is probably your most dangerous pop.

Definitely possible with good luck, but highly risky - and you will certainly need to use almost all two-hours to make sure the guardians go down fast.

A lot of it has to do with luck. Some Kirins take forever to summon. Others pop them out fast, so if you get the latter you're almost fucked from the start and would need people who are INCREDIBLY fast on their feet.

Just make sure your kite party is outstanding and it will be cake. A good kiter should be taking 0 damage.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    Just make sure your kite party is outstanding and it will be cake. A good kiter should be taking 0 damage.
    Yes, a good kite party is the first step, but a lot of it is still dependent on when the adds come and how fast they go down. If you get two of them at once with only 13-14 people and no Shadowbinds, you're in big trouble.

Master of blackface Range Rover beer bottle throwing.
    BG Level

I'm sure Milkman will give you a few pointers, if you ask him nicely.

I would suggest using nin/drk in the kite party instead of pld/nin, just pop kirin at the very beginning of nighttime, the 25% run speed will make it a joke to kite. rdm/whm nin/drk can easily duo kite kirin, toss in a whm to be perfectly safe.

Now, for adds, I haven't been in the add ally doing kirin for... months, if not more. but generally, have a rng to SB suzy and dispel guards. Have a PLD/WAR tank the guards, invinc on seiryu like others said, but make sure you remove the add effect or it could get ugly.

so basically:
    Kite party- NIN/DRK, RDM/WHM, possibly WHM also

Add party- PLD/WAR, RNG/WAR, 1-2 WHM's, 1 rdm, possibly 2. Fill the rest with dd's.

Edit: I've got time, this is what I would personally take:

TANKS / MELEE
    1 - PLD
    1 - SAM
    1 - NIN
    1 - DRK MNK SAM WAR (best geared/merited)
    1 - DRK

MAGE
    1 - RDM
    1 - RDM
    1 - BLM
    1 - WHM

OTHERS/ETC
    1 - Dualbox THF
    1 - Dualbox BLM
    1 - Dualbox RNG ( SB on suzy)

POSSIBLE DUALBOXES (Will use if needed)
    1 - BRD
    1 - PLD (not really needed, but a second tank in adds is nice if the person 2 boxing isnt a whm/rdm)

Soooo that is
    PLD, SAM, NIN, DD(many different choices), DRK, RDM, RDM, BLM, WHM, THF, BLM, RNG, BRD, PLD

soo, really low on damage, but that would be playing it safe, long kill, but it would definitely work.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Shojin
    /Thread

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Just don't make the mistake I've seen too often on low-man kiting. If a PLD invincibles for Seiryu or whatever else shit-hit-fan scenario arises, be sure he doesn't have any hate shared with the kiter :/ This leads to lulz

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Just don't make the mistake I've seen too often on low-man kiting. If a PLD invincibles for Seiryu or whatever else shit-hit-fan scenario arises, be sure he doesn't have any hate shared with the kiter :/ This leads to lulz
    You can avoid hate issues entirely by having the person kiting just pop it in an outside party with a mage. Don't take any subsequent action, the mage shouldn't rest (and shouldn't be a SMN) and you can kite with 0-hate so any cures won't pull hate. I do this on BLM/NIN with a RDM support for our Kirins, just because I'm something of a control freak and don't trust other people to do it. I do occasionally get hit by sandstorm and whirlwind because I haven't quite mastered navigating the far SW pillar, but the other moves either have a much shorter distance (Deadly Hold) or a much longer windup (Heat Breath). He starts summoning after certain period of time--I know some people thought that you have to be doing damage to trigger it but you don't, and the THF from main alliance watches to tag them. Those two TP moves that do land from time to time, more often than not I'll take resisted damage from them which I find curious, I imagine there's an INT vs. INT component to them or something.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Best advice I can offer is to pick the kiter for the Kirin team based on who you think is the best player, NOT job sets. You can kite it on any number of jobs - I've done it on BLM before even. Any job can kite it if they know what to do; likewise, any job can screw up royally if they don't know what to do.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

If you can dual box the melees easily, you can have them use sleep pots + opo necklace. That way, they'll have tp when you're good and ready to use it, instead of having them auto-run on Kirin where they might take damage, get slept. Also, shouldn't be too hard to script or macro a full boost-chi blast.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Shojin
    You need a phalanx of stunners