+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!

any and every other hockey fan on the board knows this is the BEST time of the sports year. tomorrow night when the pucks start dropping, the games finally start counting! Besides watching my Rangers on their quest for the cup, there always going to be western conference games on which I'll get to watch when I get home from work/getting home from the bar watching rangers games/getting home from MSG cheering on my boys!

Personally, HUGE lifelong Rangers fan here, and looking forward to this first round series with the devils, should be epic, and even though we don't have home-ice advantage, I think we have the edge in the series. I just went to MSG this afternoon and picked up my set of tickets, and man am I psyched!

well, all talk here, predictions, all that.

Dolmen

Re: 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Habs > all.

I've been a Montreal Canadiens fan since '90, and it was awesome seeing them win the East for the regular season. I'm definitely psyched for this year, especially because we're playing the lolBruins in the first round (8-0 for the season vs. the B's). This is the first time in a very, very long time that I've actually felt like the Habs are going to do it this year.

Here in the DC metro area they basically don't cover hockey at all (unless it's about Alex Ovechkyn). I'm definitely hoping that the NHL Network carries some games as I haven't been able to watch the Habs at all this year.

The Wang
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Furt Wangler
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyminus
    any and every other hockey fan on the board knows this is the BEST time of the sports year. tomorrow night when the pucks start dropping, the games finally start counting! Besides watching my Rangers on their quest for the cup, there always going to be western conference games on which I'll get to watch when I get home from work/getting home from the bar watching rangers games/getting home from MSG cheering on my boys!

Personally, HUGE lifelong Rangers fan here, and looking forward to this first round series with the devils, should be epic, and even though we don't have home-ice advantage, I think we have the edge in the series. I just went to MSG this afternoon and picked up my set of tickets, and man am I psyched!

well, all talk here, predictions, all that.
    Lifelong Devils fan here, so I'm bound to hate you although the Rangers did have a better record against them in the season the playoffs is a whole new game so ya never know what's going to happen! will definatley be a good set of games.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Got tickets for tomorrow's game against Ottawa. Wish we were going to play Philly for entertainment's sake, but still going to be electric in Mellon Arena.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

My Prediction for this year:

Western Conference Final: Anaheim vs. San Jose, Anaheim Winning
    Eastern Conference Final: Ottawa vs. Washington, Ottawa Winning

So ya, basically I'm predicting the exact same final as last year.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

lol @ Bruins. They way overachieved, which means they're just plain bad instead of the projected god awful. Grats to Montreal for drawing the first round bye.

wings, enough said

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Wings out in 6 in the first round will make me a very happy person.

East Finals: Penguins vs Devils
    West Finals: Sharks vs Ducks

Stanley Cup: Penguins vs Ducks, winner going to.....Pittsburgh.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Go Wings.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Habs all the way!!

However, our lack of playoff experience with this young team might hurt us in the long run... I hope it doesnt though. My prediction for the final is Anaheim vs. Pittsburgh...

Only thing that worries me right now is that Bergeron is coming back to play in game 2 or 3 with the Bruins.. and they're due to win one eventually.

We will see... until then, go habs go!!

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I miss my Buffalo already Q_Q

GO WILD!!!!!

Revenge for 2003

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ivaden you're from Pittsburgh? What parts? I live out in the North Hills. I was able to scoop some tickets for Game 2. I'm hoping the Pens are able to take out Ottawa but right now the pressure is all on the Pens. Ottawa is pretty much being written off right off the bat because Alfredsson and Fisher are both out.

People seem to forget that they still have Jason Spezza and Dany Heatley. They still have a very solid defense corps and a fantastic checking line. Their goaltending situation is in complete and total shambles. Pens in six.

The Sens don't have what it takes to win the cup this year.

I'd like to see Ovechkin/Washington take the cup in the east.

My top 4 teams in the east are Montreal, Pittsburgh, New Jersey, and Washington have been playing lights out.

Teams in the west...gonna say San Jose or Anaheim.

If SJ make it to the finals, I'll feel like my life is one more step closer to complete. So many years in a row they make it to the playoffs only to get knocked out the 2nd or 3rd round. COME ON PAT MAH BOY, STEP IT UP FOR ME!

Dolmen

Quote Originally Posted by Sephx
    Habs all the way!!

However, our lack of playoff experience with this young team might hurt us in the long run... I hope it doesnt though. My prediction for the final is Anaheim vs. Pittsburgh...

Only thing that worries me right now is that Bergeron is coming back to play in game 2 or 3 with the Bruins.. and they're due to win one eventually.

We will see... until then, go habs go!!
    The Habs have been playing some incredibly solid hockey. Carey Price's performance brings to mind visions of Patrick Roy way back when, and I'm hoping he can be that franchise goalie seeing as we've lacked one since trading Roy to Colorado. With the production from the entire team, I think Montreal has an incredible chance at the cup. We're not just 2-3 high end players, we're an entire team that works well. When the Habs have the #1 powerplay mainly just using regular lines, something good is in the mix. Everyone is contributing, and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishido
    Go Wings.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Toronto's not playing = me not caring.

We haven't won since '69 or something, not to mention this is the third year we haven't even made the playoffs. So i've given up.

The Dazzler
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-o-fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishido
    Go Wings.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Too bad I'm missing the first puck drop tomorrow ;_; (gd physics lab). I'm really hoping the Flames do well. I don't expect them to even beat San Jose, but hopefully it'll be more competitive than the Detroit series last year. Q_Q Just make it 6 or 7 close games and I'd be content.

'm really pulling for Montreal and Washington out East. No matter what, I think it'll be a great playoffs this year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast