+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Ultimate Fighter Discussion/Other MMA (Fedor!)

First 32 Preliminary Round

Prince McLean vs Mike Dolce - Dolce advances

Cale Yarbrough vs John Clarke - Yarbrough advances

Steve Byrnes vs Amir Sadollah - Sadollah advances

CB Dollaway vs David Baggett - Dollaway advances

Nick Klein vs David Mewborn - Klein advances

Paul Bradley vs Reggie Orr - Bradley advances

Jeremy May vs Dave Roberts - May advances

Still 8 fights to go.

Breaking news -- Fedor is to fight Tim Sylvia on July 19th! I'm actually excited for a Fedor (and Sylvia, haha) fight!

Re: The Ultimate Fighter Discussion/Other MMA (Fedor!)

it's been a long time since fedor has fought someone thins good, i'm leaning more towards thinking tim will win, but I don't think id bet on it.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

I don't think Tim can keep it standing long enough to avoid the ground, and thats likely where he will lose. Fedor is just too good at throwing a punch and continuing that into a fast clinch and takedown that is hard to sprawl out of.

Does anyone know if the org they are fighting under uses a cage or ring? I'm thinking it will be a cage since its supposed to be in the states.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i got fedor by GNP...but i wouldn't bet money on it. been too long since he's fought a quality opponent.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Sylvia's no better than Hunt or Hong Man Choi, in fact I'd say he's worst off in the striking department and when it hits the ground, it'll be over like the other 2.

Quote Originally Posted by noblemountain
    i got fedor by GNP...but i wouldn't bet money on it. been too long since he's fought a quality opponent.
    I hope Fedor dismantles Sylvia, just so a Randy vs Fedor fight would be by far the most hyped/anticipated/legendary match of all time. Also, it looks like we lost Remy0 somehow >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Jyakku
    I hope Fedor dismantles Sylvia, just so a Randy vs Fedor fight would be by far the most hyped/anticipated/legendary match of all time. Also, it looks like we lost Remy0 somehow >.>
    wat

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

sylvia...love him or hate him...is one of the best fighters in the world at doing just enough to not lose. he's an awkward fighter with great standup that people just can't seem to find an answer for. fedor has fought taller fighters...he's fought better fighters...but not anyone lately, which is my point. i have a bad feeling in my gut about this fight for fedor...i really hope he wins, because i really want to believe in the mystic of fedor. i agree with remyo that this is the toughest test fedor's had in a LONG time.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

sylvia...love him or hate him...is one of the best fighters in the world at doing just enough to not lose. he's an awkward fighter with great standup that people just can't seem to find an answer for. fedor has fought taller fighters...he's fought better fighters...but not anyone lately, which is my point. i have a bad feeling in my gut about this fight for fedor...i really hope he wins, because i really want to believe in the mystic of fedor. i agree with remyo that this is the toughest test fedor's had in a LONG time.
    Um, how is Sylvia more awkward than Hong Man Choi? Only thing Sylvia had going for him is his long reach jab and being able to play keep away with a decent sprawl, neither of which will do anything to Fedor. You realize Timmy hasn't finished off anyone in ages and he's hit the ground in like his last 6 fights against people with shitty takedowns? I do admit he looked good against Nog, but Fedor doesn't shoot so as soon as the gap is closed Tim's getting subbed.

BG Level

If Fedor didn't cut easily and could take punches like Nog then I see no way that Fedor would lose this.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Semitry
    Um, how is Sylvia more awkward than Hong Man Choi? Only thing Sylvia had going for him is his long reach jab and being able to play keep away with a decent sprawl, neither of which will do anything to Fedor. You realize Timmy hasn't finished off anyone in ages and he's hit the ground in like his last 6 fights against people with shitty takedowns? I do admit he looked good against Nog, but Fedor doesn't shoot so as soon as the gap is closed Tim's getting subbed.
    you misunderstand what i mean by awkward. he fights in a weird hunched over stance and his punches come from odd angles. he's given excellent strikers a lot of problems. i agree that fedor can take him down and sub him or GNP him. if you read a lil bit further back you'll see i picked fedor. timmy "finishing" anyone off doesn't have anything to do with winning does it? if he can not get subbed or GNP'd...he'll win this fight. that's how he fights. also too...hit the ground against people with shitty takedowns? couture and shitty takedowns shouldn't be discussed together.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Remyo
    Also, it looks like we lost Remy0 somehow >.>
    wat
    You definitely had the Giant Faggot™ avatar there for a bit, what happened to you?

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane
    Also, it looks like we lost Remy0 somehow >.>
    wat
    You definitely had the Giant Faggot™ avatar there for a bit, what happened to you?
    I took a personal day.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Look, Tim is a nice guy and all, but seriously he's not that great a fighter. Yeah he got the title and held on to it a while just by doing the bare minimum, but the second he was faced with someone who was truly hungry he lost it. He's a big underdog in this fight, regardless of how long it's been since Fedor had a good fight. This match is still not a good fight for Fedor in my opinion, because Tim just isn't that great. Unless Tim has improved by leaps and bounds, he is way outclassed for this match. Fedor will tear him up.

wat
    I thought you were banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fhqwghads
    Look, Tim is a nice guy and all, but seriously he's not that great a fighter. Yeah he got the title and held on to it a while just by doing the bare minimum, but the second he was faced with someone who was truly hungry he lost it. He's a big underdog in this fight, regardless of how long it's been since Fedor had a good fight. This match is still not a good fight for Fedor in my opinion, because Tim just isn't that great. Unless Tim has improved by leaps and bounds, he is way outclassed for this match. Fedor will tear him up.
    Sure Tim wouldn't be that great if he were 40 pounds lighter and 5 inches smaller but that isn't the case. His size combined with his still pretty good skills makes him a very dangerous fighter.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fedor and Sylvia? JULY WRU?!

Sylvia is going to get ruined.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

you misunderstand what i mean by awkward. he fights in a weird hunched over stance and his punches come from odd angles. he's given excellent strikers a lot of problems. i agree that fedor can take him down and sub him or GNP him. if you read a lil bit further back you'll see i picked fedor. timmy "finishing" anyone off doesn't have anything to do with winning does it? if he can not get subbed or GNP'd...he'll win this fight. that's how he fights. also too...hit the ground against people with shitty takedowns? couture and shitty takedowns shouldn't be discussed together.
    I'm sorry, I wasn't arguing for Fedor winning or being the better fighter, that's a given. More like how you can call Tim a much better test than Hunt, or Hong Man Choi for Fedor. I really don't see Tim having anything more. Hong Man Choi is basically Tim +1. And the reason why not being able to finish off anyone has to do with anything because that's what makes people dangerous. Playing keep away makes him defensive. Ie no chance in hell Tim's jabbing his way to a decision against one of the most aggressive fighters. Lucky punch like Fujita's possible however, just really unlikely.

I'm sorry, I wasn't arguing for Fedor winning or being the better fighter, that's a given. More like how you can call Tim a much better test than Hunt, or Hong Man Choi for Fedor. I really don't see Tim having anything more. Hong Man Choi is basically Tim +1.
    I'm not a fan of Sylvia's at all, but c'mon, you have to give him more respect than that. Sure, Hong is big, but he had only one pro fight before Fedor. Tim was the UFC champ. He has the experience necessary to potentially hold his own, as opposed to Hong where everyone knew what was going to happen.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Fedor vs. Lesnar Go Go!

Not really though. I just kind of shake my head when it comes to Fedor. Let's face it, the guy usually fights second tier martial artists. He hasn't really thrown down with anyone who had real legitimate shot at beating him. To be honest I'm more excited to watch Forrest vs. Rampage when Ultimate Fighter is over.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast