+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ENM/BCNM duoing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

ENM/BCNM duoing

My roommate and I have recently gone on a money kick, as we're both trying to save for Salvage bodies and the like. We've started to duo the ENM50 Vahzl one for Toreador Ring. Since then, we've been trying to figure out what other BCNMs/ENMs we could duo together. Our jobs are:

me: (75 cap) WHM DRG BRD, (60 cap) RDM DRK, (50 cap) SMN, plus a bunch of subjobs for 20/30 cap.

him: (75) WHM MNK RDM, (60) DNC. Same deal with the subjobs.

I've thought about trying BCNM20s with both of us as BST or SMN, but I know for most of them you're restricted to doing that once every two hours. Either way, I'm looking for ideas, so any help would be appreciated.

Re: ENM/BCNM duoing

Like the Wind, Sheep in Antlion's Clothing, Brothers, Holy Cow, Fire in the Sky, Uninvited Guests, Bionic Bug, Up in Arms

I'll edit if I think of some more you can duo/solo 8)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You can easily duo Uninvited Guests. Same for Like The Wind, Holy Cow, Fire in the Sky. You can definitely duo Up in Arms as well but might be a bit tricky with your jobs.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Khalil
    You can easily duo Uninvited Guests. Same for Like The Wind, Holy Cow, Fire in the Sky. You can definitely duo Up in Arms as well but might be a bit tricky with your jobs.
    you wont make much money duoing Uninvited Guests, I've gotten something other then exp scroll like twice in 30+ attempts

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Nevetherless, it's still chance at getting something rather than nothing. Also, if you're lucky and get a cloud evoker, you could sell that to HNMLSs.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I started forcing Uninvited Guests to give me exp scrolls, because in about 8 hundred kazillion runs, the most valuable non-exp-scroll reward I got was a Bison Steak. Not counting mannequin parts, which I hate selling, especially now. Naturally, it never gave either of us an Evoker. Usually I'd get either an exp scroll, or something terrible like a 3k soup or bone.

Still, if you're going to do Fire in the Sky or something up there, and can manage to arrange the jobs sensibly (we used RDM+NIN for both), no reason not to hit Uninvited Guests and Spice Gals while you're up there.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Bakthi
    I started forcing Uninvited Guests to give me exp scrolls, because in about 8 hundred kazillion runs, the most valuable non-exp-scroll reward I got was a Bison Steak. Not counting mannequin parts, which I hate selling, especially now. Naturally, it never gave either of us an Evoker. Usually I'd get either an exp scroll, or something terrible like a 3k soup or bone.

Still, if you're going to do Fire in the Sky or something up there, and can manage to arrange the jobs sensibly (we used RDM+NIN for both), no reason not to hit Uninvited Guests and Spice Gals while you're up there.
    Nicest item I got was bream risotto that took me like a month to sell....

if you are going to do UG for gil/evokers bring more then 2 lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level

RDM+RNG is an easy duo for Up in Arms, and I'm pretty sure RDM+BLM would work too (Just not as quickly or easily), but I don't think it's really worth one of you leveling a job just for a ~1% chance at a Kraken Club.

I'd think MNK with a good evasion build with either BRD or WHM could do Holy Cow, as the buffalo's accuracy is terrible, but I don't think you could get by on Brothers with the setups I see there. The only chance you have to kill one taurus fast leaves you with only 30-45 seconds of sleep on the other, and they are both harder to tank than the buffalo.

Antlions might be possible MNK/NIN and DRG/mage, but I'm not sure. My experience with the other Chasm ENMs is very limited.

BTW, I have to agree that Uninvited Guests definitely seems to drop the better items for larger groups. I used to do it with 6-18 man groups in my LS and frequently got Mannequin Bodies and such. Since I've started soloing/duoing it, it's almost always an exp scroll and the best gil drop has been Orichalcum Ore. I also occasionally will get an NQ food item, and I got HQ versions doing them in larger groups. That said, someone in my group did get a Behemoth Hide when we did it with 5 men a few months back, so you don't have to have a nearly-full alliance for the good drops.

Banned.

BG Level

:O How do you duo Up in arms with RDM + RNG?

Ranger Spam + RDM nukes? Though RDM nukes are pretty much lol at 60

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin

Think RDM's primary responsibility would be gravity and curing early on. Maybe nukes towards the end to finish it off.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yeah, RDM just Gravs, Blindnas, and cures. The RNG could take the thing down in like 2 minutes flat if he didn't have to kite it too.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalil
    you wont make much money duoing Uninvited Guests, I've gotten something other then exp scroll like twice in 30+ attempts
    I wish I had your luck, I'm about 75% on Tiger's Eyes, that sell for about 3-5k on Bismarck >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...408_190045.png

I'd think MNK with a good evasion build with either BRD or WHM could do Holy Cow, as the buffalo's accuracy is terrible, but I don't think you could get by on Brothers with the setups I see there. The only chance you have to kill one taurus fast leaves you with only 30-45 seconds of sleep on the other, and they are both harder to tank than the buffalo.
    I was thinking more along the lines of just having the RDM guy solo Brothers or Holy Cow, and the other guy just chill back and watch <_<;

Neither are very difficult on RDM.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I was under the impression that soloing Brothers took both exceptional gear and fairly expensive meds. Not sure, the only RDM I know to try it did so like 2 years ago, underprepared, and didn't quite pull it off.

Its fairly difficult on BLM, but its pretty lol on RDM <_<

The only trick to the ENM is killing Eldertaur during the duration of one Sleep2, which is easier done with Chainspell than with Manafont.

Oh, and my BLM's gear sucks, so no worries about that

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura

The only trick to the ENM is killing Eldertaur during the duration of one Sleep2, which is easier done with Chainspell than with Manafont.

Last time I tried this my nukes got resisted pretty bad seemed. What spell do you find works best?

I've never actually done it on RDM, but from the great video I saw of it, Blizzard III worked perfectly.

If you're referring to BLM, It goes like..

-Full buffs(Aquaveil too! ),
    Bind Mindertaur,
    Gravity Eldertaur,

~They always stop to cast something as soon as you aggro them, so its fairly easy to get off the Bind and Gravity without being hit

-Thundaga III, Burst II (To put yourself into Ugg. MP),

-Mindertaur's Bind should wear off by the time you get off ~two spells on Eldertaur, ES Sleep2
    Pop Manafont,

-Thundaga III, Thunder IV, Blizzaga III, Blizzard IV(Should be dead by now, if not, use whatever you need to kill him),

-With Eldertaur dead, stick a Gravity on your likely awake friend Mindertaur, Aspir him, and run to the opposite side of the BC and rest for as long as it takes for him to get to you,

-Lather, rinse, and repeat the Grav-Run-Rest business until you're at full MP and until ES is back up,

-ES Silence Mindertaur, kill him with ease.

* I strongly recommend having a Rairin Obi and going on Thundersday
    * If you want to make it really easy, you can always just wipe to Mindertaur after you kill Eldertaur and rest to full

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I would usually use ice, thunder and fire.

Make sure you dispel them. they like to buff each other while you buff yourself .

I know that's the case with a lot of mobs, but are you sure about that? The only reason I doubt it is because they instantly use a spell as soon as you aggro them, which could subsequently force them to cast a spell right after another spell, which is pretty abnormal behavior.

Zoot

Quote Originally Posted by AzazaelFenrir
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura

Last time I tried this my nukes got resisted pretty bad seemed. What spell do you find works best?
    The only time I get resisted on it is when I forget to dispel his Unblest move that can put on shell. That shell cuts damage pretty bad. I can see lack of dispel hurting, so Manafont might be necessary here with smaller nukes.