BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jailer of Faith question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Jailer of Faith question

How much HP does JoF have aprox.?
    Whats the fastest anyone's ever seen JoF cast Breakga after his last Breakga cast?

And last but not least~ How feasible would zerging him be with the proper setup?

Would love to get a reply, I read the topic on low manning him but didn't find an answer to how much HP he had.

Thanks

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Re: Jailer of Faith question

It seemed to wait a few seconds between whatever spell it was going to cast last time I fought it like other spellcasting mobs. Whether it tried to do Breakga back-to-back, and whether it can or not, I don't recall or know.

fastest i've ever seen it cast was straight tanking it, manafont > breakga > q2 > breakga so idk <_<

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yah I'm pretty sure it can breakga back to back too.

I do not think zerging him can be reliable in the end

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Mytiwar

Having a BRD Soul Voice songs (march and/or minuet) and DD 2hr it is the way to go still with a whm outside alliance/pt (and refresh, ballad, whatever with them.) Zerg strat causes the least number of deaths over time, saves time, hence saves all the exp loss woes if your group runs into trouble. Even while zerging, it has casted back to back breakgas, and we did fine. I was the only whm both times in a row, and did fine without refresh (I'm taru) and was very quick with stona. Faith is awesome when your whm doesn't get hit with breakga outside of party. Also, zerging faith is fun imo. Faith can go down faster than a cheerleader on prom night and shouldn't last long enough for a taru whm go run out of mp.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

WHM: Barpetra + Barstonra
    BRD: Gold Cappricio (or whatever the hell it is)
    Will keep stone damage very low and the group will get heavy resists on Break.
    If you keep one WHM out of ally to cast Stona, as long as they don't pull hate you'll be fine. Faith is a pansy.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

He has like maybe 30k-50k hp?

In short though, yes, he's very easy to zerg. Break isn't common usually damage spells or slowga is what he likes using. Poison pots might be a good idea since he has that AoE sleep TP move but that doesn't seem overly common either.

The thing is you can easily manaburn/kite him with very small numbers so personally I think that's easier then dragging around a whole bunch of melees.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by orson

In short though, yes, he's very easy to zerg. Break isn't common usually damage spells or slowga is what he likes using. Poison pots might be a good idea since he has that AoE sleep TP move but that doesn't seem overly common either.

The thing is you can easily manaburn/kite him with very small numbers so personally I think that's easier then dragging around a whole bunch of melees.
    Great point, I made sure everyone that came to our zerg Faiths had 1-2 of these because nothing is worst than wasted 2hrs. They prolly cost 1k, and alchemist can make them, but are necessary

Edit: Also having mnks sub drk for hundred fists + souleater (faith baghnakhs or not, baghnakhs preferred,) sams usually subbing war, etc. and like was mentioned before, barspells are also nice to have.

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

One weird thing I noticed, is that damage sometimes would get it to start casting Breakga before it's spellcasting timer "should" be up. And it didn't have manafont up. Just a little observation.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Waef
    One weird thing I noticed, is that damage sometimes would get it to start casting Breakga before it's spellcasting timer "should" be up. And it didn't have manafont up. Just a little observation.
    It normally casts QuakeII immediately when it manafonts. Also, I have seen it cast stuff back to back, like breakga, within 2 seconds of it already having casted the first without manafont.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Also seems like a total waste of time to bring a zerg setup out there and only pop one every 2 hours. Might as well send all those melees to farm fort chips or temperance, and manaburn 5-6 Faiths in that 2 hours of time.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Chuyu

Having a BRD Soul Voice songs (march and/or minuet) and DD 2hr it is the way to go still with a whm outside alliance/pt (and refresh, ballad, whatever with them.) Zerg strat causes the least number of deaths over time, saves time, hence saves all the exp loss woes if your group runs into trouble. Even while zerging, it has casted back to back breakgas, and we did fine. I was the only whm both times in a row, and did fine without refresh (I'm taru) and was very quick with stona. Faith is awesome when your whm doesn't get hit with breakga outside of party. Also, zerging faith is fun imo. Faith can go down faster than a cheerleader on prom night and shouldn't last long enough for a taru whm go run out of mp.
    I guess that works, lol.

But least number of deaths over time? I'm not sure, so far we've been doing good with a normal kited/nuked/ranged attacked/etc setup, not really much deaths at all.

Both works fine then I suppose, we just don't have the numbers on most of the time to spare a whm on the outside.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Chuyu

I guess that works, lol.

But least number of deaths over time? I'm not sure, so far we've been doing good with a normal kited/nuked/ranged attacked/etc setup, not really much deaths at all.

Both works fine then I suppose, we just don't have the numbers on most of the time to spare a whm on the outside.
    It's possible to keep one inside and put the other outside as well and switch them if one should run out of mp. The one inside taking on the major cure load, the other outside small cure load and focus on tanks only and stona duty. If someone has a mule with a stona-ready whm that's also nice :nikkei:

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

with SCH now, you can keep a WHM in the ally, and keep a SCH outside, just get one with stona (LVL50 SCH) and they'll be able to stona everyone with Accession + Stona.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

You don't really even need to "zerg" him. You can straight melee tank him fairly well provided your melee/nins aren't idiots and can try to trade hate. It's really not much different than using two mnk/nins on a chariot in Salvage. Don't need two hours. Poison Pots are nice, but as long as the melee/nins bring Echo Drops, you should be fairly good. We didn't even keep WHMs out of alliance, just have the melees fight on one section of the square room, and two whm stand on opposite ends. As long as both your WHMs don't run in at the same time for Barstonra, you really shouldn't have get into trouble with Breakga.

The biggest annoyance with straight tanking Faith isn't breakga, or stonega, or even the AoE TP moves. It's his lame slow. I don't recall if it's his Slowga, or his Viscid Nectar, but something he does causes a Slow that needs to be Erased as opposed to just capping a Haste over. If you get a Slow'ed Utsusemi off, and your hate's too high, chances are you're going down. That's why trading hate in this fight is so very important.

killed 3 straight tanked(irrelevant?) with blms for damage yesterday, on two of them it did manafont and breakgax2 with no intermission so uh, I dunno?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

weapon bash interupts jailer of faith's casting every single time so breakga shouldnt be what worries u in that fight.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz

Also seems like a total waste of time to bring a zerg setup out there and only pop one every 2 hours. Might as well send all those melees to farm fort chips or temperance, and manaburn 5-6 Faiths in that 2 hours of time.
    What? I just said that....

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz

What? I just said that....
    Eh? Was just adding the bit about zerg setups relying on 2hrs.

Doubt it has more than 25k HP.