+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Re: FF TA2 - Grimoire of the Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Parshias
    Laws against missing can go fuck themselves.

Oh, and the higher ranking clan upgrade challenges are stacked against you like nobody's business.

Game is still fun, although my Black Mage is rotting in a corner because I can't get anything past Fire/Blizzard/Thunder out of the Bazaar system.
    Ya I got to like level 15 before that shit started showing up. Lots of quests.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Oh, and the higher ranking clan upgrade challenges are stacked against you like nobody's business.
    Wait till you see General Training II

"Can not do >20 damage!" "Must defeat all foes in 3 turns!"

First mob has 400~ HP. lulz

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Leb

Wait till you see General Training II

"Can not do >20 damage!" "Must defeat all foes in 3 turns!"

First mob has 400~ HP. lulz
    Party of assassins and cross your fingers? lol

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I ended up breaking the law. Just said fuck it and zerg them, lol. Turn 1 kill is np as well.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    I don't like how you have to unlock the jobs through quests really. It's frustrating especially during the beginning when you have maxed your abilities and stuff but can't change jobs or get new weapons due to the stupid bazaar system. That's my only complaint. The gameplay is fine it's just weapons/job unlocking is not really implemented well. Also, I wish there was a way for me to check which jobs level you up in which way so I know what's the best job to keep my units on when I'm grinding for level ups. Like, a White Mage is obviously going to be more MP per level up than a Soldier, and a Soldier is going to get more attack than an Archer.

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1913 ... artsx1.jpg

Would something like this help?

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mikayla
    I don't like how you have to unlock the jobs through quests really. It's frustrating especially during the beginning when you have maxed your abilities and stuff but can't change jobs or get new weapons due to the stupid bazaar system. That's my only complaint. The gameplay is fine it's just weapons/job unlocking is not really implemented well. Also, I wish there was a way for me to check which jobs level you up in which way so I know what's the best job to keep my units on when I'm grinding for level ups. Like, a White Mage is obviously going to be more MP per level up than a Soldier, and a Soldier is going to get more attack than an Archer.

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1913 ... artsx1.jpg

Would something like this help?
    Oh fuck yes.

Old Merits
    BG Level

God damn, I am starting to hate this game.

Going through Basic Training I again to do levels 4 and 5 to get the clan privileges from them, and the game is being a little bitch. Three times in a row have a gotten a nice first turn, some slow resists, fairies all bunched up so I can nuke the crap out of them, and then one of my characters misses, costing me my big attack boost and essentially making me fail the mission. Three times in a row has this game denied me a move with 95% fucking accuracy.

I just want to get this shit over with so I can play the actual game, but it seems this game has an aversion to being played.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Ya it feels like I miss things above 90% accuracy way too much and some of the laws/restrictions for winning are just lame ways to try to make the game feel more challenging. I wonder what "Hard" is like because I'm on normal atm and I assume most others are too?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Ya it feels like I miss things above 90% accuracy way too much and some of the laws/restrictions for winning are just lame ways to try to make the game feel more challenging. I wonder what "Hard" is like because I'm on normal atm and I assume most others are too?
    I'm on Normal too, but I hear that Hard is just a different scale of attack/defense. Like enemies get a 50% boost to their hits and your characters are weaker. Apparently you can negate the entire difference using a later version of the Power up clan privilege.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Just did what was apparently the last of the King quests. Level 88 enemy, which seemed weird for them to stop on instead of 99, but the Quest Report grid shows another quest pathing off which isn't available yet. Fun fights but the last one was far too easy compared to the other pain in the ass ones. Think I've overleveled a bit though, I'm OCD about doing all of the quests available before advancing the story. Also, anyone else notice a little gold Montblanc statue on the top screen (with the diary)? I don't remember it being there before, but I never paid much attention, curious if I unlocked it from something, first noticed it after the level 5 General II Clan Trial.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Hard mode isn't anything much more than being unfair in the beginning of the game. It just makes the first portion of the game murderously hard (including the intro battle, which I only managed to win with Luso at 14 HP and everyone else KO'd), and yeah, once you get a later Power Up level, it completely negates being on hard mode.

I guess you can do it if you feel like being a masochist, but it made the first portion of the game unbearably annoying for me, so I switched back to normal mode. I prefer to have fun with my games, not want to pitch my DS against the wall. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax
    Just did what was apparently the last of the King quests. Level 88 enemy, which seemed weird for them to stop on instead of 99, but the Quest Report grid shows another quest pathing off which isn't available yet. Fun fights but the last one was far too easy compared to the other pain in the ass ones. Think I've overleveled a bit though, I'm OCD about doing all of the quests available before advancing the story. Also, anyone else notice a little gold Montblanc statue on the top screen (with the diary)? I don't remember it being there before, but I never paid much attention, curious if I unlocked it from something, first noticed it after the level 5 General II Clan Trial.
    I have no idea. I haven't even done the Red King of Cwhatchamacallit yet. The whole Rank 44 quest with most of my characters being around 30ish is still turning me off from that one.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I have no idea. I haven't even done the Red King of Cwhatchamacallit yet. The whole Rank 44 quest with most of my characters being around 30ish is still turning me off from that one.
    I did all of them through 20~30. The levels don't mean much really. The level 88 one had something like 650 health and my DD's were doing 20~60 damage per hit. When you have 4 people mashing on him, hasted and getting off 2 or 3 turns for every one of his it's rather easy. Although the Black Mage one was a total bitch, the level 88 one was definately the easiest. Nice rewards from them too, which is never a bad thing.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax
    I did all of them through 20~30. The levels don't mean much really. The level 88 one had something like 650 health and my DD's were doing 20~60 damage per hit. When you have 4 people mashing on him, hasted and getting off 2 or 3 turns for every one of his it's rather easy. Although the Black Mage one was a total bitch, the level 88 one was definately the easiest. Nice rewards from them too, which is never a bad thing.
    Aha. Maybe I'll give the Red King one a shot when the job becomes available again then. Thanks for the info.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Red King gives you Sequencer, strongest sword iirc.

[edit]

[spoiler:3eh93acc]Just beat the game and I beat all 5 of the kings before doing so. And just got a quest where you fight all 5 of them at level 99. Q_Q[/spoiler:3eh93acc]

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Buy this game: Yes or No? I enjoyed FFTA quite a bit.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushii
    Yes

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryushii
    Yes
    If you liked FFTA, you'll like this. Its practically the exact same game, but with a few tweaks.

And also, Auctions are awesome. Got control of the first three sets of regions, and am getting some really nice loot from each auction. Got Doublecast already.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I gained control of the first 2 regions after Auctions opened, waiting for it to roll around again to get the 3rd area championed. When auction rolls around again do I get a nice bonus? The only cool item I've gotten so far is a Target Bow which gives the "Concentrate" support skill for Archers which I remember using in FFTA to make my Assassin hits more accurate as well as the stuff that hightens damage but lowers accuracy.

When do I start getting the better gear seriously or at least Steal Weapon/Armor/Gloves etc. I'm tired of spamming bazaar after every quest hoping to find an item worth using my loot on as opposed to the constant barrage of shit I am not going to ever get like Circlet, Silken Robe, Metal Knuckles, etc.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

You only get Steal Accessory in this one. Also, just go to Alazard's (probably spelled that wrong, whatever) house and rest for 260 days and the Auctions will start again. Kinda cheap since some of the best items in the game seem to come from it, but whatever.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Oh badass I didn't know the house caused you to sleep. Neat. Thanks for that tip

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast