Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: silver sea remnants boss     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

silver sea remnants boss

I know I've seen threads about salvage before but I don't know where they went. Anywho I was just curious what kind of setups and strategies people use for LAC? My ls tried it once so far and got timed out with about 5% left. I was just curious to see how other ppl have done this. Just in case someone asks our setup was war, sam, mnk sch, brd, cor in one pty. in the other was rdm x2 and brd. Thanks in advance! :D

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Re: silver sea remnants boss

They went here, to the Event Strategies section.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

thanks. that's wierd because this like subforum or w/e didnt even show up in my list lol. thanks, i guess i failed :3

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Terrestrial Rage
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Mnk Mnk Thf Whm Rdm Blm Brd

Mnks stand on his sides, when he turns, macro /equip Main "Warp Cudgel". Mages kite the Mnks + LAC til uncharmed, let Mnks re-establish hate, continue. Rise and repeat 3 times.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by parabola04
    I know I've seen threads about salvage before but I don't know where they went. Anywho I was just curious what kind of setups and strategies people use for LAC? My ls tried it once so far and got timed out with about 5% left. I was just curious to see how other ppl have done this. Just in case someone asks our setup was war, sam, mnk sch, brd, cor in one pty. in the other was rdm x2 and brd. Thanks in advance! :D
    zerg in between jacks. start out with 4 songs(2 sved) on the mnk and sam, they open with 2hrs. have them swap out weps on jack, kite through it. after jack's over sv songs the wars and have them zerg. wildcard if you get lucky, grats on a 5 min fight

Wincest Princess
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

When we won today we had 40 seconds to get the skadi and ares out of the treasure pool with half the group dead. One of those was an alliance leader who couldn't kick dead people to force t he drops. Needless to say, we need to work on our speed on this guy too. I did this guy in about 13 minutes with a friend of mine who runs a JP group. A couple of them had relics too. Needless to say, my group just isn't this fast taking twice that time to kill LAC. It feels like we spend more time kiting that fighting

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Gaea
    When we won today we had 40 seconds to get the skadi and ares out of the treasure pool with half the group dead. One of those was an alliance leader who couldn't kick dead people to force t he drops. Needless to say, we need to work on our speed on this guy too. I did this guy in about 13 minutes with a friend of mine who runs a JP group. A couple of them had relics too. Needless to say, my group just isn't this fast taking twice that time to kill LAC. It feels like we spend more time kiting that fighting

Lame if people won't homepoint to get drops out. Of course 10-30mins of getting that exp back is worth 100 mins of doing the same zone for the same drops to cockblock someone from upgrading.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

So LAC only does 3 sessions of branjacks right? Around 75%, 50% and 25%? Can he do more brainjack sessions then that? Also, our problem during our fight seemed to be that ppl couldnt outrun him or w/e and would get charmed. I mean once the two melee/tanks fighting it get charmed, hate gets way messed up haha. But basically u guys are just saying have tanks waiting for it to turn towards them and start running? As well as changing weapon. I appreciate all the replies, thanks everyone :D

Relic Horn
    BG Level

So LAC only does 3 sessions of branjacks right? Around 75%, 50% and 25%? Can he do more brainjack sessions then that? Also, our problem during our fight seemed to be that ppl couldnt outrun him or w/e and would get charmed. I mean once the two melee/tanks fighting it get charmed, hate gets way messed up haha. But basically u guys are just saying have tanks waiting for it to turn towards them and start running? As well as changing weapon. I appreciate all the replies, thanks everyone :D
    He'll brain jack as many times as how long you take. It's not based on %, it's based on time. The first one may be based on % if you damage it too fast.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Or bring a BST.

PD: Yes, i felt like saying it because i feel cool not knowing anyone else that does it this way! Sue me!

PDD: On a more useful note, there's a lot of info on the Silver Sea thread and the reason the sub forum didn't pop for you is probably because you looked for it without being logged in. For some reason the reading rights are blocked to anonymous access.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd
    He'll brain jack as many times as how long you take. It's not based on %, it's based on time. The first one may be based on % if you damage it too fast.
    I'm almost certain it's based on hp % if you damage it fast. It will always start doing it around 75%, 50% and 25% for us. There is a small delay, probably due to the weapon skill cooldown, but it's too close to be a coincidence . Try zerging it with 3 2h, and you will get charmed within 30sec if you drop it under those mark. If you kill slow, it's going to start charming every 3min or something. With timed nuke, you can drop it lower, but it's still going to charm within 10 sec of getting to ~75%.

There is a few rare occasion where it used it at 66% (with slow damage), but it's probably caused by a nerf similar to bhaflau remnant.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

The first one is a condition.

If time has passed ( I think 2 mins) , it'll trigger it if the HP condition hasn't been met. If you take him to 75%, he'll start soon.

The rest after that are time based, since we've taken him from 75 > 40 before he started jacking again before.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

We've taken him to ~56% on a first zerg, took about 25 seconds after 75% for him to charm. Which I guess falls in Kaylia's range. After that it seemed to be purely based on time for us.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

We've taken him to ~56% on a first zerg, took about 25 seconds after 75% for him to charm. Which I guess falls in Kaylia's range. After that it seemed to be purely based on time for us.
    Was he in the middle of a TP move? Or just swinging at you? He's started at 75% on the dot every single time for us, unless he was in the middle of using discharge or back to back TP, then he'd do it at either 70% or 68% etc, depending on how far we took him during that TP move.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Like I said in my last post, I think you can nerf this mega and force the activation at 66% instead of 75%..or something like this. I can think of 1 or 2 run where we dropped it far under 75% with normal damage that wouldnt normally get it much lower. Beside those fluke, it was always 75%.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Was he in the middle of a TP move? Or just swinging at you? He's started at 75% on the dot every single time for us, unless he was in the middle of using discharge or back to back TP, then he'd do it at either 70% or 68% etc, depending on how far we took him during that TP move.
    Not sure if it was in the middle of a TP move when it hit 75% but it did another move or two after 75% and before Brainjack. Brainjack isn't based on his TP anyway though. I know I've had him turn to use Brainjack directly after another TP move, and he started jacking maybe 2-3sec after he turned; the normal rate. Our damage was pretty fast but we haven't been able to reach 56% ever since, usually 65-72ish.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Brainjack isn't based on his TP anyway though.

Are you seriously saying that to me like I don't know ?

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

In terms of the duration that he will continue to use Brainjack for, has anyone else ever noticed if he has a minimum number of people he wants it to effect?

Say this because my co-tank was charmed and I kited without getting charmed myself for a significant period of time, what should have been more than enough time. Then re-engaged myself and it went back to charm right away, but did not use it again after charming me.

Could have just not been keeping track of time properly, but it played out pretty odd.

What is a "significant period of time"

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Long enough that the person who was charmed first had become uncharmed and I had kited around the room a couple times after they became uncharmed.