+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ntsc-j Wii & Mario Kart     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Ntsc-j Wii & Mario Kart

Anyone have a ntsc-j Wii and having issues running Mario Kart? I have a Japanese Iso and backed it up and ran it and installed the patch. Mario Kart runs in the channel, but when i actually try to load the game i get a 001 error. I'm not sure if i need to patch it, i'm pretty sure I don't have to since its the same region. I'm suspecting i might have to try to burn it on another DVD-R, currently using Philips. Any ideas?

-V

Re: Ntsc-j Wii & Mario Kart

No problems here - what chip are you using?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by octopus
    No problems here - what chip are you using?
    I'm not sure to be honest. I got the wii as a gift, there from HK and had it modded for me. Is there anyway that I can find out? I'll take a picture if needed. Lol.

Can you run Mario Galaxy and Brawl? The new Nintendo games have extra protection that you need your chips to be updated.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by octopus
    Can you run Mario Galaxy and Brawl? The new Nintendo games have extra protection that you need your chips to be updated.
    I haven't tried with the JP versions.

New Merits
    BG Level

Are you burning it on a good quality disc? Supposedly that error happens with low quality discs, and they can detect that it's not an original or something like that.
    I recommend verbatim DVD-R's if you can get them, got a pack of 100 for 30 bucks and had no problems on any

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

That's my guess, that i'm using a bad disc. Gonna see if I can find some Verbatim Dvd-R.

Is there a swap trick that could work? My wii is running 3.2J, if that helps with anything. Lol.

Does anyone have a Wii which has the D2C chipset? I was originally going to get the WiiKey but after I found out that my Wii contains the new chip, I have to use a new chip for D2C chipsets. Argon was recommended and was wondering if that is the right choice for $60 +shipping and of course the possibility of screwing up with the soldering.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by vagus
    That's my guess, that i'm using a bad disc. Gonna see if I can find some Verbatim Dvd-R.

Is there a swap trick that could work? My wii is running 3.2J, if that helps with anything. Lol.
    I actually just found you can trucha the 001 error out of the game, see http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=81650

Quote Originally Posted by viperlasson
    Does anyone have a Wii which has the D2C chipset? I was originally going to get the WiiKey but after I found out that my Wii contains the new chip, I have to use a new chip for D2C chipsets. Argon was recommended and was wondering if that is the right choice for $60 +shipping and of course the possibility of screwing up with the soldering.
    I got a D2C chipset with a d2ckey installed. Personally I'd recommend the D2Pro now, it's only 9 wires, and is upgradeable. I've also heard that argon has a lot of bugs with it, but it might have been fixed by now via an update

Just ordered a D2Pro, 15 wire version, 9 wire came out like two days ago, couldn't find any. Do you think it will come with that "Y" screwdriver that you'll need to dismantle the Wii and/or wires? I didn't see a mention of either in the description.

I ordered from canadamods.ca - http://canadamods.ca/store/index.php?ac ... oductId=29

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

get better dvd media. or better burner, or buy the game :nikkei: mario kart