Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Re: Before you ask a stupid crafting question, read this!

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipya
    Regarding the crafting level caps. I had thought it was such that you can only have caps in multiples of 10 since you have to give up rank in your highest to rank up in other crafts. For example, lvl98 veteran in one craft, lvl60 journeyman in another. To get the next rank (artisan? I forget and too lazy to look) and break the 60 cap, you'd have to give up veteran and drop to adept which would set your level down to 90. This would allow you to have a 90, 70 ratio, but wouldn't allow for something like 98, 62.
    No, it works in .1's and raises/lowers as you synth. If you want to live on the WILD SIDE you can have (1) 100 and the rest 60's and even unlock all the 60's. You won't lose your 100, but you won't want to craft anything above 60 on the others (or with a 60+ subcraft). Your first skillup would drop you to 99.9

No reason to do it, but the game would allow it.
    Let's say I levelled GS to 60.4 (Journeyman) and then I decide to level Leather to 100 (Veteran). After dropping GS back to 60, will I run the risk of dropping Leather to 99.9 if I craft something that causes the GS to skill up or will it be capped at 60 again? Basically, after taking the Journeyman test for GS, is it possible to "recap" it so that it wont drop Leather to 99.9?

(Hard to word but I hope someone gets it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk
    Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipya
    Regarding the crafting level caps. I had thought it was such that you can only have caps in multiples of 10 since you have to give up rank in your highest to rank up in other crafts. For example, lvl98 veteran in one craft, lvl60 journeyman in another. To get the next rank (artisan? I forget and too lazy to look) and break the 60 cap, you'd have to give up veteran and drop to adept which would set your level down to 90. This would allow you to have a 90, 70 ratio, but wouldn't allow for something like 98, 62.
    No, it works in .1's and raises/lowers as you synth. If you want to live on the WILD SIDE you can have (1) 100 and the rest 60's and even unlock all the 60's. You won't lose your 100, but you won't want to craft anything above 60 on the others (or with a 60+ subcraft). Your first skillup would drop you to 99.9

No reason to do it, but the game would allow it.
    Let's say I levelled GS to 60.4 (Journeyman) and then I decide to level Leather to 100 (Veteran). After dropping GS back to 60, will I run the risk of dropping Leather to 99.9 if I craft something that causes the GS to skill up or will it be capped at 60 again? Basically, after taking the Journeyman test for GS, is it possible to "recap" it so that it wont drop Leather to 99.9?

(Hard to word but I hope someone gets it.)
    Yep, you would just talk to the Leathercraft Guildmaster and he would give you the option to cap all other crafts at 60 if any are over 60. Or whatever the rank 50-60 is called, it would cap them to there.

Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

BG Level

bravo!

this eliminates the need for any newbie crafting forums btw

protip: starting a post with OK I USED THE SEARCH BUTTON AND I COULDNT FIND ANYTHING does not protect you from Sath's leather billyclub and Skeet's scythe of human bones

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nicely done, thx

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by #686578
    Where's the fishing forum?
    http://www.titanictus.com/

Its the Bassmasters of FFXI

STR-1 DEX-1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Shouldn't it be, "Before you ask any crafting question, read this!"

Rainbow Dash was here,
    Applejack is a silly filly.

BG Level

Yes, talk about fishing if you want.

My question being this on the hq strata. Is the x/16 an average or the proven way the calculation is done?

There is a reason for my asking of this. Going to make an excel sheet that is tier based to determine my profit ratios while synthing (an since I'm an alchemist, knowing beforehand what I need to do to maximize the farming v. buying mats time curve to save myself aggravation).

Otherwise, I'm going with a x/64 route for the strata on my sheet, and then compare those results to what I actually synth.

I imagine it's an average. Although, based on the information and the way computers work, having a 1/16 probability makes sense. Either way, you can still go 0/50 or worse with bad luck even with a 1/16 probability. For T1, I'd say 1/16 estimate makes perfect sense.

Other than that, I'd like to say this thread is amazing. I've learned most of what I know the hard way, as I picked up cooking with minimal research, but there were always things I was unsure about. I am especially glad to know the information about break skill ups and multicraft break rates as I was unable to figure out the former on my own and I have not worked with multicraft synths yet, but plan to somewhat soon.

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

Posting to request links to the actual tests done on direction regarding skillup/HQ rate. My own personal experience is enough to convince me, but regrettably my LS mates (and many other people I've talked to on the subject) seem to think that the burden of proof is on me to disprove their ideas than them to prove them. It's easy to dismiss them as idiots, but it seems to be harder to find any kind of actual testing to prove one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Zosi
    Posting to request links to the actual tests done on direction regarding skillup/HQ rate. My own personal experience is enough to convince me, but regrettably my LS mates (and many other people I've talked to on the subject) seem to think that the burden of proof is on me to disprove their ideas than them to prove them. It's easy to dismiss them as idiots, but it seems to be harder to find any kind of actual testing to prove one way or the other.
    Get a new LS.

Rainbow Dash was here,
    Applejack is a silly filly.

BG Level

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Haha, no one talks about fishing.
    viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24719
    18 pages says otherwise!

I've been meaning to post in there for a while now, but I don't want to necro bump. I'm stuck on Garus for Ebisu, must have turned in over 50 now. Q_Q;

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    18 pages says otherwise!

I've been meaning to post in there for a while now, but I don't want to necro bump. I'm stuck on Garus for Ebisu, must have turned in over 50 now. Q_Q;
    Feel free to necrobump it, it's like the Random Fishing Question topic.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    18 pages says otherwise!

Feel free to spam Minions with PM"s. He gots his Ebisu, but he fishes incredibly too much.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

nice post aurik.

if you want you could also add the +0.3 skill up too, i cant say i have perfect data but i have got many of those when i skill uped few subs when the gap between recipe cap and my lvl was 10. never got one when i was at 9 lvl gap but that is only from personal experience, off course it was below lvl 60.

great post again hope that ppl will read it now ;D

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

Quote Originally Posted by Iskra
    nice post aurik.

if you want you could also add the +0.3 skill up too, i cant say i have perfect data but i have got many of those when i skill uped few subs when the gap between recipe cap and my lvl was 10. never got one when i was at 9 lvl gap but that is only from personal experience, off course it was below lvl 60.

great post again hope that ppl will read it now ;D
    .3 is def possible on less than 10 level gap below 60.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...i/point3-1.jpg

7 level gap.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I didn't notice this anywhere on the thread whats chance of skill up on desynthing stuff if any?

below 60: rare
    above 60: nonexistent.