Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

can i ask a stupid question?

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    NONE OF THIS APPLIES TO FISHING

For any craft above your natural craft skill below 50:
    6 or farther from cap: somewhere between 66% and 75% chance to skill-up on a successful synth
    5 or less from cap: somewhere between 66% and 75% chance to skill-up on any synth, broken or not

For any craft above your natural craft skill 50 or above:
    6 or farther from cap: somewhere between 25% and 33% chance to skill-up on a successful synth
    5 or less from cap: somewhere between 25% and 33% chance to skill-up on any synth, broken or not
    What happens at 5.x? when ur not at "6 or farther", or "5 or less"
    does 5.x falls into 5 or less? Should the original statement say 6 or less instead of 5?

sorry for the stupid questions. i do notice that this is an older post, and i am the only one that doesn't get it, it's apparent that it's clear for everyone else, cause no one else seems to question it.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by sixstitches View Post
    What happens at 5.x? when ur not at "6 or farther", or "5 or less"
    does 5.x falls into 5 or less? Should the original statement say 6 or less instead of 5?

sorry for the stupid questions. i do notice that this is an older post, and i am the only one that doesn't get it, it's apparent that it's clear for everyone else, cause no one else seems to question it.
    When in doubt, truncate

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How is item loss with multicraft synths handled? I understand that the break rates are cumulative and that item loss rates are around 50% for a failure, but are breaks calculated differently with multicraft synths? Meaning, could only one of the two or three crafts required for a synth "break," thus resulting only in that type of item being calculated for an item loss?

I remember hearing that that is a bonus for multicraft break synthing (higher odds of keeping the expensive mats by risking the cheaper mats of another craft), but am unsure of the validity.

If that is the case, I have a follow-up question. Is there any additional data supporting the rates of success/failure under the skill cap? I've been running numbers to figure out the cheapest way from 70-80 Goldsmithing, and it largely depends on if the above query is true, and if so, how likely I would be to break Gold Gauntlets if my Alchemy was only 9 below cap instead of 15 (as a successful synth would be an even bigger loss, but breaking Shrimp Lanterns and losing the Moblin Putty would be an even bigger pain in the ass).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by crux View Post
    How is item loss with multicraft synths handled? I understand that the break rates are cumulative and that item loss rates are around 50% for a failure, but are breaks calculated differently with multicraft synths? Meaning, could only one of the two or three crafts required for a synth "break," thus resulting only in that type of item being calculated for an item loss?

If that is the case, I have a follow-up question. Is there any additional data supporting the rates of success/failure under the skill cap? I've been running numbers to figure out the cheapest way from 70-80 Goldsmithing, and it largely depends on if the above query is true, and if so, how likely I would be to break Gold Gauntlets if my Alchemy was only 9 below cap instead of 15 (as a successful synth would be an even bigger loss, but breaking Shrimp Lanterns and losing the Moblin Putty would be an even bigger pain in the ass).
    I believe a break is a break and it is indiscriminate on the item, as long as it's used for a synth, then it's a fair game to be lost.

say example:
    steel bullets, smithing30, alchem48.

If i was leveling alchemy and currently at 45, but my smithing is already at 60, during a break I will still lose steel ingot, even though my smithing is already leveled.

For the Gold gaunlet syth, you can use MogH fire, and that will help reduce your overall material lost, but i don't think you can tailor it such that you only loose alchemy stuff and not gold ingot. But that's been my experience. If someone can suggest otherwise, then I be leveling GS right away, and do it cheaply... GS is just too cost prohibitive

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Does anyone have any specific info on how a subcraft's level affects HQs(ie having Clothcraft at 38 instead of 60 for synthing Haubs)? I thought there would be more info on this but haven't really found any.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Baelorn View Post
    Does anyone have any specific info on how a subcraft's level affects HQs(ie having Clothcraft at 38 instead of 60 for synthing Haubs)? I thought there would be more info on this but haven't really found any.
    It's in the OP

Quote Originally Posted by OP
    For multicraft items, the HQ rate is based on the lowest gap between enhanced skill and recipe cap. That is, if you have a multicraft item where you are T1 on 2 craftskills and T0 on the 3rd, the entire item will have a T0 HQ rate.
    AKA If your main is T3 but your sub is T1 then you will synth at a T1 rate.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Well that would explain why ctrl+f Subc/subs didn't turn up what I was looking for...

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Baelorn View Post
    Well that would explain why ctrl+f Subc/subs didn't turn up what I was looking for...
    Just read the whole OP bud, it's worth it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I thought this was discussed but can't same to find it...

Let's say I'm skilling up on a 96 recipe.

My natural skill is 92.

I have apron, item and furnishing for +3 from gear.

Am I more likely to get skillups if I synth WITHOUT my +3 from items?

The original post says:
    Skillup rates
    For any craft above your natural craft skill below 50:
    6 or farther from cap: somewhere between 66% and 75% chance to skill-up on a successful synth
    5 or less from cap: somewhere between 66% and 75% chance to skill-up on any synth, broken or not
    I do not have any form of sample size, but I *seem* (lolmoonphase/direction) to have better skillups if I'm further away from the cap with my enhanced skill and I was curious if there's been any info discussed on this.

It seems entirely possible that the game engine's "GetAlchemySkill()" would return the enhanced, not the natural (but the existence of GetAlchemySkill() and GetAlchemySkillModified() side by side is equally possible)

Any info is appreciated, as the high level synths get annoyingly difficult to find ingredients for sometimes, I want to be 100% sure I'm maximizing my skillup rate.

Thanks.

edit: I assume this is all just random/luck of the draw/etc... but it always seems to get annoying for that last push to "cap" a synth... I'm hoping I'm doing it wrong.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Above 60, skillup increments are always 0.1.
    I think this is either completely wrong or outdated, by looking at people's sigs and asking a few members in my linkshell they've been getting .2-.3 above 60.

Either way OP needs to be fixed for late bloomers coming into crafting.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    I think this is either completely wrong or outdated, by looking at people's sigs and asking a few members in my linkshell they've been getting .2-.3 above 60.

Either way OP needs to be fixed for late bloomers coming into crafting.
    You're wrong. Fishing is the only that can do that.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

If a character gains a skillup which would put him above 40 allocated points, points will be deducted from the other highest craftskill above 60. Since skillups past 60 are never more than 0.1, this will always happen in increments of 0.1.
    Minor nitpick here: the deduction will be from a random craftskill above 60, and not necessarily the highest one. I had woodworking 64, bone 62, and cooking 62 (with some additional tenths as well), and when I finally pushed my gold high enough to cause a deduction, the first thing that went was my bone. There were several subsequent deductions that appeared to be in no particular order before I had the guild recap all but gold.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Some data regarding failure and skill up

161 synths total, 30/110 (27.3%) skill ups on success, 9/51 (17.6%) skill ups on failure.

Obviously this isn't enough data to be completely certain, but throughout the entire batch of 161 synths, the failure skill up rate seemed to hover around half the success skill up rate.

Magitek

Whoops, posted in the wrong thread.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Posted this in the regular RQT but got paged, so going to try it here

Am I calculating this right?

Goldsmithing 70>77 on various synths are about 40k per synth break synthing with alchemy subcraft 15 levels below cap.

Up-front cost PER SKILL LEVEL
    - Assuming 25% chance of skill up, therefore 40 synths to gain a full skill level
    - 40k cost per synth x40 synths = 1,600,000 total gil spent up front per skill level

Materials RECOVERED and COST ADJUSTMENT
    - 50% chance of material recovery from broken synth: .5 x 1,600,000 = 800,000 recovered per skill level.

*Therefore, each skill level 70-77 gold should cost approximately 800k.

Disclaimer: I realize floored 5% success rate will effect this a bit, as well as having moghancement: crystal element.

% assumptions taken from http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/571...tion-read-this!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Im confused when it regards stalls (not in OP),

a) How exactly do stalls give skill?
    b) Does having the stall in my house gives me any skill at all? (not counting the mega moglification)
    c) How much skill is the mega moglification? Is this affected by any other furnishings other than the stall?
    d) Also, is there any way to get mega moglification key item without its natural element aura? For instance, cooking stall has wind element aura, is there any way i can have overwhelming fire aura and still get the mega moglification?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

*answering what i know*

A. Max of +5
    B. Stall should 100% give mega
    C. Yes its affected stall +150k item is +3? and stall + 150/200k = +5
    D. no idea i have over fire element + blacksmithing stall. * you prob could as long as nothing has an aura strength above the stalls*

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    *answering what i know*

A. Max of +5
    D. no idea i have over fire element + blacksmithing stall. * you prob could as long as nothing has an aura strength above the stalls*
    Last night i put over 10 cupboards in my house for overwhelming fire, and got mogenhancement:fire , and my stall was still there, i also checked my KI and mega moglification wasnt there =/ I dont think you can get both enhancments at the same time, though i certainly hope so

Also let me get this straight cause im getting increasingly confused with this ><
    100 skill is cap, 3 from support, 2 from guild gear, and the remaining 5 come from mega moglification¿?
    The mega moglification KI gets powered up the more items you have, like stall + 50/150K item +200K item = 5 skill total, right? What happens if you have only the stall ? How much skill does that mega moglification give??

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

That's what he means. You get the Moghancement of the last-placed, highest elemental strength thing of the dominant element in your mog house. Something in your moghouse (probably Cupboard?) is stronger than your stall.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    *answering what i know*

A. Max of +5
    ok i've been trying to find the post that explained the mega mogenhancement with leather craft so i know what to buy for smithing. at the moment im still buying the armor(hand and body) and have the stall. When it comes time to buy the other items do i get the 150k and 200k only or do i need the 50k one as well? I think im just misreading part C and dont really know if it answered my question or not because why is the 50k item for according to bg wiki says 50k item is like the 150k that it gives 1 skill and that the 200k item simply lets you lose less stuff on break.

edit: reason why i want to know is because if i can save on not having to buy the 200k item then i can start finally crafting things at T1 without having to worry about needing more points to get it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast