+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Re: Before you ask a stupid crafting question, read this!

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Elemental energy (faint/powerful/overwhelming) has no effect on Moghancement: <craft> or Moghancement: <crystal> and probably not Moglification: <craft> either.
    ; ; Does this mean that my overwhelming earth message and mogenhancement clothcraft dont overlap? I want to know if i can get rid of my yellow jars ((( I've had my house set up this way for years, and to think that I could have had extra mog safe space all this time.. ; ;

Just tell me if i can get rid of these jars. I can read what you wrote, and it seems like its pointless, but i need to hear it

Quote Originally Posted by Nirokun!
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Elemental energy (faint/powerful/overwhelming) has no effect on Moghancement: <craft> or Moghancement: <crystal> and probably not Moglification: <craft> either.
    ; ; Does this mean that my overwhelming earth message and mogenhancement clothcraft dont overlap? I want to know if i can get rid of my yellow jars ((( I've had my house set up this way for years, and to think that I could have had extra mog safe space all this time.. ; ;

Just tell me if i can get rid of these jars. I can read what you wrote, and it seems like its pointless, but i need to hear it
    Overlap? I don't understand what you're asking here.

You can have overwhelming earth energy with moghancement:clothcraft. However, it is no different than having faint earth energy with moghancement:clothcraft. So you should be able to get rid of those jars if you like.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I thought that the effect of mogenhancement clothcraft and my overwhelming earth coupled in reducing losses of items with CC synths with earth crystals. oh well~ at least i can have more mog safe space

I just didnt know that faint earth = overwhelming earth when i already have mogenhancement clothcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Nirokun!
    I thought that the effect of mogenhancement clothcraft and my overwhelming earth coupled in reducing losses of items with CC synths with earth crystals. oh well~ at least i can have more mog safe space

I just didnt know that faint earth = overwhelming earth when i already have mogenhancement clothcraft
    Unfortunately "overwhelming energy" never did anything for reducing break loss rate; you're thinking of moghancement: earth -- which cannot be used in conjunction with moghancement:clothcraft -- and, more recently, moglification:clothcraft which includes both the +1 enhancement and the loss rate reduction enhancement simultaneously.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    Going to make a macro that links to this page so every time someone asks me, "When is a good day/moon to synth?", I can just spam it over and over and over and over.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=35325

LOL. Izzy ftw.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

OP needs something on break synthing. I know we have posts about it here but searching for the words break and/or synth brings up way too many results. >.> How under leveled is a subcraft supposed to be again?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

When using an item such as a tanning vat is there an increased rate for break or is it still the standard 5% if above the natural cap. It's a silly question I know, but I didn't know if the additional mats added an extra 5%+5% such as subcrafts would. I know I'll be cringing the day I hit enter with 3 behemoth hides in 1 synth...

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreguh View Post
    When using an item such as a tanning vat is there an increased rate for break or is it still the standard 5% if above the natural cap. It's a silly question I know, but I didn't know if the additional mats added an extra 5%+5% such as subcrafts would. I know I'll be cringing the day I hit enter with 3 behemoth hides in 1 synth...
    It's just a standard synth that has triple the input and triple the output. Normal break rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    OP needs something on break synthing. I know we have posts about it here but searching for the words break and/or synth brings up way too many results. >.> How under leveled is a subcraft supposed to be again?
    From the OP:

For any craft above your natural craft skill below 50:
    6 or farther from cap: somewhere between 66% and 75% chance to skill-up on a successful synth
    5 or less from cap: somewhere between 66% and 75% chance to skill-up on any synth, broken or not

For any craft above your natural craft skill 50 or above:
    6 or farther from cap: somewhere between 25% and 33% chance to skill-up on a successful synth
    5 or less from cap: somewhere between 25% and 33% chance to skill-up on any synth, broken or not

I also added this:

If your adjusted skill is 16 or more below the recipe cap, you will be unable to attempt synthesis.

So, you need all your subskills to be within 15 and your main craft 5 or less from the skillcaps.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    I also added this:

If your adjusted skill is 16 or more below the recipe cap, you will be unable to attempt synthesis.

So, you need all your subskills to be within 15 and your main craft 5 or less from the skillcaps.
    Thanks, that was the number I was looking for. I want to smash some WW synths by not having smithing sub and was wondering how high to get it.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Incoming noob question: The servers are going down for maintenance today. I did the GP's once already, will I be able to do them again when the servers come back up in 7 hours?

edit: sadly the answer to this stupid question is no!

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreguh View Post
    Incoming noob question: The servers are going down for maintenance today. I did the GP's once already, will I be able to do them again when the servers come back up in 7 hours?

edit: sadly the answer to this stupid question is no!
    That's actually not a stupid question. I never thought about that lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Are there any solid info on desynth rate?

My premature data suggests...

Seems like 1/3 success, 2/3 breaks. (No related furniture enhancements)

My data (from the lovely gold hairpins) seems to suggest that for all the successes, 1/2 will be NQ, 1/2 will be HQ. HQ rates should be equivalent for all, so that will be,

1/6 NQ, 1/18 HQ1, 1/18 HQ2, 1/18 HQ3, 2/3 Breaks. (HQ rates are projected, not enough data on those since I rarely desynth. But I believe the general observation is that all the HQs are equally likely.)

For any given large number of desynths (single item return), a player can expect around 50% returns. (~50% break loss rate observed)

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Do guilds' inventories reset after a maintenance? Otherwise do items sold to them stay in inventory only until someone buys?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by tymora View Post
    Are there any solid info on desynth rate?

My premature data suggests...

Seems like 1/3 success, 2/3 breaks. (No related furniture enhancements)

My data (from the lovely gold hairpins) seems to suggest that for all the successes, 1/2 will be NQ, 1/2 will be HQ. HQ rates should be equivalent for all, so that will be,

1/6 NQ, 1/18 HQ1, 1/18 HQ2, 1/18 HQ3, 2/3 Breaks. (HQ rates are projected, not enough data on those since I rarely desynth. But I believe the general observation is that all the HQs are equally likely.)

For any given large number of desynths (single item return), a player can expect around 50% returns. (~50% break loss rate observed)
    Tymora,

All data I've seen suggests a 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 split: 1/3 success, 1/3 crit fail, 1/3 fail but don't lose mats. That has pretty much panned out in my desynthing experiences (close to 1000 gigas socks tracked, I know too small but I believe good enough anecdotal evidence for me to go on.). As for rates of HQ tiers in the success pile....I have not recorded this, however I do feel that a 50/50 split seems right. Of course the HQ rate is astronomically higher than synths, and your 50/50 comment seems to fall in line with what I've seen (not recorded).

Moghancement: Desynthesis seems to only help me save materials, effectively reducing the crit fail pile and increasing the crystal break pile. I guess this would end up in more successes (as each saved mat means more attempts), however it has never been really worth it to keep a house setup for both desynthesis and clothcraft.

One last comment: the NQ ring does work....well, from a VERY small example on my part (done for myself, not for public testing). 30 Tonberry coats with ring on, not a single HQ. In my experience, that's damn near impossible on desynthesis.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

SE stated in an interview that the latent items are only active below 40 (not 60 as stated in the OP). Anyone got a link to that interview so this can be corrected?

It was a 3-part interview, maybe on jpbutton?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Sorry for double posting but here is the answer:

JPButton

They actually say "40" twice (three times if you count the interviewer) so you know it wasn't a typo.
    This can be corrected in the OP.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

so its even more of a waste?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    Sorry for double posting but here is the answer:

JPButton

They actually say "40" twice (three times if you count the interviewer) so you know it wasn't a typo.
    This can be corrected in the OP.
    Yes but does the latent also include NO support active? That wasn't mentioned and I can't find confirmation anywhere :/

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Is it possible to parse crafts? like for skillups, breaks etc. It'd be interesting to have my own numbers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast