+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Re: 2007-2008 NBA Playoffs - THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Bratt
    Garnett winning DPOY is such a fluke, this guy is so over rated it's not even funny.
    lol?

Also, I wouldn't consider Manu being white since he's from Argentina, but to think the Spurs do it worse than the Suns is laughable lol, watch Shaq try to take another charge this game and tell me he's not flopping, watch Raja Bell too. I'm not sure what it is other than hatred many people have for the Spurs but they act like no one else in the game does the same things they do.
    Theres a difference between trying to draw a charge and pretending you have been fatally wounded every time a player bumps into you.

People complain about the Spurs the most because they've done it the most in Playoff basketball. When MJ was in the playoffs, teams hacked, fouled, hugged, knee'd, kicked, anyone who came into the lane like they owned the place. It used to be a form of intimidation. You don't see that now because of what the Spurs are doing to the game. They attack the basket like no ones business because if a defender tries to actually play them tough they'll be watching the game from the bench due to foul trouble.

Did you see how Shaq had to play guards when he was in foul trouble? He wouldn't dare put his hands too close to a players body in fear of being kicked out the game. It's totally fucking gay when this happens because the players are no longer competing against one another but playing to not get fouled out of the game.

It was fun to watch players actually battle for position instead of battling for the most believable death sequence. This isn't the fucking academy awards. Flopping is gay and probably one of the biggest problems with the game today, and the Spurs are only making it worse.

Edit:

And you're supposed to fall when you try to draw a charge. It shows the ref that the offensive player is the one who initiated the contact by pushing you backwards.

"Flopping" is when you fall for no reason. Ginobili does it 99.9999% of the time a player makes contact with him.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay
    It was fun to watch players actually battle for position instead of battling for the most believable death sequence.
    lol

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    Origin of the first flop in history: Goliath flopped against David. Clearly.

Touche~

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The onus does not lie with the Spurs or other teams but with the refs. It's the stupid refs that keep calling it. If they see something out of the corner of their eye that looks kinda like a foul, THEN DON'T FUCKING CALL IT. They should only call a foul if they clearly see a foul.

Like the saying goes, don't hate the player, hate the game. If the refs are allowing flops then I would hope my team flops every chance they can get.

A corollary to bad referee'ing is when a ref anticipates that a foul is about to happen and they get too a anxious to make the call. An example is during a fast break is happening and a defender is chasing to make the block or strip the ball. Sure 9/10 times it results in a foul but every now and then a defender actually makes a clean play. But the refs are blowing their whistle as soon as a defender swings his arm. He doesn't even wait to see if the play was clean.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bratt
    Garnett winning DPOY is such a fluke, this guy is so over rated it's not even funny.
    ITT: People that have never seen a game of basketball.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Clearly Steve Nash should have won DPOY

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

God damn at the Hornets right now..

A. Body
    BG Level

byebye avery

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

OMG WOW LOL DAMPIER JUST GOT CP3'd

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

WOW OMG is anyone watching what this kid is doing right now?

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

32 points, 5 rebounds, 17 assists by CP3. That's just fucking insane.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

the Suns looking absolutely awful in the second half.

The Spurs are always good but they always bore me. Duncan is too fundamental to be entertaining. Parker just drives to the hoop 24/7. Manu is my favorite to watch on the team, but regardless im tired of their being around for so long. If i could swap the warriors for them in the playoffs i would do it in a second. The damn suns lose steam, but i still love em, though they wont be winning this series i dont think.

The hornets are insane, CP3 is jesus, Dirk is so soft it makes me grow a vag and cry out of it. I still cant decide who is coming out of the West in the end, though im guessing the Lakers.

To whoever said Garnett is overrated, please watch basketball and stop talking out of your ass. Seriously, please. Dont come into this thread and talk that garbage, and if you do, please provide evidence so i cant further laugh at you.

Celtics vs. Lakers in the finals. I hope.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I agree about CP3.

As far as the Suns go.. 11 in the 3rd won't get you anywhere. Not sure where they were at in that quarter. They're done. Book it.

dwight howard for dpoy

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

What I mean by over rated is that he is doing something for the first time that others have been doing for years, and he gets awarded for it. I'm pretty sure they decided to give it to him so he wouldn't be left out since he's not getting MVP. If he is so good, why did he suck for so long in Minn and only get a few win when they got Sam and Spree. This is a guy many people consider to be Hall of Fame material but why didn't he ever get out of the first round for so long and why didn't he make the playoffs last year when the West was weaker. Anyway, now that he has Ray and Pierce and wins some games and decides to play D, the media make him out to be a godsend when he's just a perennial loser. I just think it's BS that he gets awarded for the Celtics team D when last year they gave it to Camby for his individual stats on a horrible defensive team that gave up more than 100 ppg. I think Howard deserved it if you were still going by last years and previous years rules of individual stats.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I've never followed KG... but clearly you haven't either? Statistically, he's been great.. but I think it was just too hard to do too much as a Timberwolf, especially when he wasn't really surrounded with great talent. He only got as far as he did with Sam and what not because everyone needs their #2. MJ had Pippen. Duncan and Robinson, then Duncan and his crew now. Kobe had Shaq, D Wade had Shaq, etc. Not sure why you seem to dislike him.

I will agree with you on one thing. Honestly, he is a loser. He's not a loser in the "God, he fucking sucks. What a loser" sort of way, but he just hasn't been able to win the big one. Dan Marino was a loser. He never won a Super Bowl. Jim Kelly was one of the biggest losers in football as a QB. God, it must suck to be him. That doesn't mean these players aren't great, it just means they've had bad luck with the teams they're on.

Basketball is a team sport, just like football. MJ was great, but he couldn't win it 1 vs 5. He had to have his teammates, and KG never really had that. Now he does, and look how he's doing?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I've never followed KG... but clearly you haven't either? Statistically, he's been great.. but I think it was just too hard to do too much as a Timberwolf, especially when he wasn't really surrounded with great talent. He only got as far as he did with Sam and what not because everyone needs their #2. MJ had Pippen. Duncan and Robinson, then Duncan and his crew now. Kobe had Shaq, D Wade had Shaq, etc. Not sure why you seem to dislike him.

I will agree with you on one thing. Honestly, he is a loser. He's not a loser in the "God, he fucking sucks. What a loser" sort of way, but he just hasn't been able to win the big one. Dan Marino was a loser. He never won a Super Bowl. Jim Kelly was one of the biggest losers in football as a QB. God, it must suck to be him. That doesn't mean these players aren't great, it just means they've had bad luck with the teams they're on.

Basketball is a team sport, just like football. MJ was great, but he couldn't win it 1 vs 5. He had to have his teammates, and KG never really had that. Now he does, and look how he's doing?
    I dislike him because for all the intensity he brings, the guy is shit at the end of games. He'd rather pass than have the last shot on him. Stat-wise he's a great but the guy is missing something. If KG was in Duncan's position in that game 1 a couple days ago, he wouldn't have made that three.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

As a hardcore suns fan, watching tonight's game was like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I couldn't believe how shitty the Suns were playing in the 3rd qtr. They went the first 6-7 mins or so without scoring a single damn point. At least they played a decent 4th qtr, but nothing amazing. If only they could play every half like they did the first...

At least Friday will give us homecourt.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by CMMeast

I dislike him because for all the intensity he brings, the guy is shit at the end of games. He'd rather pass than have the last shot on him. Stat-wise he's a great but the guy is missing something. If KG was in Duncan's position in that game 1 a couple days ago, he wouldn't have made that three.

You know, I thought of that and it hit me. Maybe all these years of losing he did in Minnesota hurt him psychologically. He brings his intensity, and his passion-bucket is generally full which I feel is good for the game, but would rather pass at the end of the game because people counted on him so much and he feels he'd just fail. He wouldn't really fail because he wasn't good enough, but because he didn't really have anyone else to share the blame when his team lost. It was all him with some C- players. I think it really ate at him over the years, so his game suffered for the lack of confidence he had in himself.

Do you get where I'm coming from? I'm not even a KG fan, but I suppose I feel I should "step up" for him because I do feel bad for the way his career has gone and the luck he's had. I think he's an awesome player, and if he'd played on any of the powerhouses of his early years, we'd probably be talking about what a Hall of Famer this guy is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast