Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lowman Promyvion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Lowman Promyvion

Recently, ive seen videos of drk and smn duoing some of the enm30s at the top of the promyvions, and I have also seen monk vids of them soloing enm50 at the top of promy vahzl, my question is how exactly do they get to the top? I tried a drk and smn duo to the spire of mea recently and we got stuck at the MR on the third floor, we just coudlnt kill it without being swarmed to death by the dozens of strays that pop. Is there a particular strat for killing MRs that involves avoiding strays? I read that blu can solo to the top, i have no idea how that can be possible.

Also same question with monk in promy vahzl, do they have problems getting to the top?

Banned.

BG Level

Re: Lowman Promyvion

I don't know how a BLU does it, but a DRK gets access to bolts so he can use that along with its weapon to clear the strays, which are not that hard. Having a SMN there makes the thing go faster and safer I would assume.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Drk and smn can do well on the MRs on the first two floors , but the third MR pops strays that a bit harder and cant be one shotted, It also pops them out at a seemingly faster rate, the smn will get overwhelmed that way.

The top of Vahzl is easy to get to solo. Just go to Beaucedine Glacer, enter Pso'Xja at F-7. Once in, go straight in and you'll pass a bomb, then enter through a door. Wait for the elevator and go down and there's only 1 path to take. That path leads you to the area which can teleport you to the various floors in Promy-Vahzl. There's 3 options to take when asked which floor to take, I forget the name but just choose the bottom option and poof, you're at the top.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Silvermoon

RDM and BLU or PLD and RDM can duo to the top of any Promyvion. The trick is to kill strays, then have one person fight the MR and the other switch target and pick off strays. DEF food like a fish kabob will help, when I did this for my promy slivers I was the PLD and often had to fight 4 or 5 strays by the 3rd floor MR.

Bigronnie

I solo the ENM in Promy Vahzl weekly as Monk (0/15ish) on Toreador's
    (you can get info and video's off lolki's monk forums) I go as MNK/WAR eat Mithkabob > enter > Icarus Wing > Zerk/Warcry > Engage Middle MR > Switch to **Light Blue** MR when other 3 pop > Raging Fists it usually for 500-1000 dmg. That will take it almost completely out if not a few punches and its done. > Chakra/Med/Vile Elixir as required > Use Psychoanima on the NM that pops to render it practically useless > Hundred Fists/1-2 more RF > own main MR > ??? profit

This works a lot easier and removes the need for all Meds & Animas if you simply duo with a WHM friend. I've had a friend come completely naked stand near the entrance and just Cure me as required and Repose the NM when it pops. Cannot fail this way its so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Sai
    The top of Vahzl is easy to get to solo. Just go to Beaucedine Glacer, enter Pso'Xja at F-7. Once in, go straight in and you'll pass a bomb, then enter through a door. Wait for the elevator and go down and there's only 1 path to take. That path leads you to the area which can teleport you to the various floors in Promy-Vahzl. There's 3 options to take when asked which floor to take, I forget the name but just choose the bottom option and poof, you're at the top.
    Its the "Ponderer" level. Then its as easy as a run to the zone and since the Promy nerf theres hardly any mobs to try and avoid anyway... I think I've only gotten agro once on the way to the zone. Good Luck with it ^^

**edit** spelling

assburgers
    BG Level

When I did my slivers for AN, I solo climbed all three towers as War/Dnc.

This WAS before the /Dnc curing modification, and my gear was pretty sweet for 30 cap+merits and whatnot, but come on...

WARRIOR DOESN'T SOLO THINGS.

Therefore: it cannot be that hard to beat up MR's.

Stray's don't link, kill them from a distance.

Make sure you wait til the MR pops a fresh stray, kill it with your back to a column, engage the MR.

MR's don't melee, only Empty Seed > Spawn Stray.

I ran out of bolts on the way up the last one I did, Holla I think, just swap targets, and have autotarget on, the Kill > Autotarget autoattack speed is actually faster than normal delay, and really makes a difference.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Max™
    I beg to differ! lol.

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/9153/mrxb9.png

If you're simply being overwhelmed and don't mind only doing one a week you could use your NPCs (tactics pearl quest) to effectively make it a 4-man climb.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Best way to do this when i climbed it using blu and smn was to use aoe moves to kill any spawned strays after they poped. If you have a strong enough aoe ws thats one one way to possibly do it. As blu though i went headbutt>bludgeon> battledance. Battle dance almost always 1 shoted the strays or left them at 10% health. Does anyone know of anyway to actually duo the 30 cap enms? I've been intrested in doing that for exp/items for a while now best i had was a 3 blu/nin attempt back when blu didnt have wild carrot. Set up a Head butt stun order and spammed bludgeon/wild feather on them. Almost took down 2 bosses that way probly could duo it animas and drinks now that i think about it.

DRG can solo to the top of the first 3 promyvions EASY, dunno about Vhazl though.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Blu can easily solo all 3 of the 30 cap climbs. I did it myself for the shadows of the departed mission. Pull all the strays around the MR, built TP on them, buffed with cocoon + metallic body, and just bludgeon'd the MR to death, Battle Dance will one shot any stray that pops, and its AoE so you dont have to switch targets to the stray

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo
    If you're simply being overwhelmed and don't mind only doing one a week you could use your NPCs (tactics pearl quest) to effectively make it a 4-man climb.
    This method was how I solo climbed Dem, looking for the map ???. Didn't find it, and got overwhelmed and died on the on the second attempt to reach the correct third floor. I blame it on being naked minus a weapon on WHM/BLM.

assburgers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn
    I beg to differ! lol.

That is weird, cause I don't remember ever being hit by an MR.

It was ridiculously easy, honestly, just put my back to a pillar, waltz/dsamba the damage from empty seeds/random stray hits away, bolt+hit is guaranteed to kill a stray.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

[quote=Max™]
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyn
    Quote Originally Posted by "Max™":e7vx2d5r
    I beg to differ! lol.

It was ridiculously easy, honestly, just put my back to a pillar, waltz/dsamba the damage from empty seeds/random stray hits away, bolt+hit is guaranteed to kill a stray.[/quote:e7vx2d5r]

I was just messing with you. I'm pretty sure it was a one time only freak accident, hence Nevahn's surprise that it was hitting us lol. It was the weirdest thing... They normally do not melee, as you said.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Sorry for the bit of a Necro bump...but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about Lowman (duo) the 3 Promyvion Mission BC fights. I want to get my second account Tav access, and was hoping that maybe with the right job combo/meds the fights could be duoed (dual boxing).

Think it would be possible for 2 MNKs to hundred fist the NMs to death using 2 Pyschoanima? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    Actually you can do the tactics pearl quest every day as long as you don't finish it successfully.

If you have a method of curing your NPC, here is the strat:
    -Use attacker (preferably fierce attacker) NPC.
    -Build up 100% TP so that your NPC won't think they should wait for you before WSing.
    -Clear all the strays
    -Attack the MR so your NPC engages, then unlock and run away a bit
    -Strays will engage your NPC, who will "supertank" them. You can cure and it won't pull hate.
    -Cure your NPC while s/he kills the MR. Warp up and your NPC follows automatically even though strays are still hitting them.

I used this method to solo the Apoc Nigh footwork, and also to solo all 3 lower promy maps.

Edit: For additional support, you may consider FoV Regen, FoV Refresh, Angler's Cassoulet, and Sol Cap.
    Double Edit: Actually don't eat an Angeler's Cassoulet, it lasts an hour and will prevent you from using real food in the ENM (unless you bring an antacid or die/rr to clear food).

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by grover View Post
    Sorry for the bit of a Necro bump...but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about Lowman (duo) the 3 Promyvion Mission BC fights. I want to get my second account Tav access, and was hoping that maybe with the right job combo/meds the fights could be duoed (dual boxing).

Think it would be possible for 2 MNKs to hundred fist the NMs to death using 2 Pyschoanima? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    My friend and I used to duo the Holla and Mea ENMs as DRK/NIN and DRK/NIN weekly. The strategy wasn't foolproof; if a bad TP move got off in between hysteroanimas, we were basically screwed. We tried Dem a few times but it seems that boss has naturally higher defense than the other bosses.

I'm not sure how much different the mission bosses are from the ENM bosses, but I'm imagining the mission bosses are easier. Regardless, what we did is we would go in, pull with an acid bolt (and pray it hits, but don't spam it) then have the other person follow up with a hysteroanima ASAP. If you don't, it'll likely open with a TP move, which could be something very debilitating (such as slow). Then throw a psychoanima at it and melee a bit until the hysteroanima wears off; my partner would reapply a hysteroanima, as well as another psychoanima when the first one wears off. When we had 100 TP, we would souleater + last resort > Sturmwind x2 for a skillchain, then we both would use an icarus wing and Sturmwind x2 again for another skillchain. The four sturmwinds probably take off, I'd say, 30-50%, depending on your accuracy. It's been a while since we've done it so my memory is a little fuzzy.

It sounds like 2 MNKs would make it a walk in the park with hundred fists as long as you come prepared with 2 psycho and hysteroanimas, probably 2 icarus wings and a few hi-potions.

EDIT: The climb as DRK/NIN x2 is really easy as well. Clear the strays beforehand, engage the MR, have both DRKs ranged attack a stray that pops. Last Resort + Souleater > Sturmwind x2 usually takes off 40-50% of a MR's HP, which is very nice. Even without souleater and last resort, double sturmwinds and the resulting skillchain usually takes off 30%ish iirc.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

[QUOTE=Robyn;1995060]

It was ridiculously easy, honestly, just put my back to a pillar, waltz/dsamba the damage from empty seeds/random stray hits away, bolt+hit is guaranteed to kill a stray.[/quote:e7vx2d5r]

I was just messing with you. I'm pretty sure it was a one time only freak accident, hence Nevahn's surprise that it was hitting us lol. It was the weirdest thing... They normally do not melee, as you said.
    They melee on FL3 but not 1-2.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

When I needed my final Sliver and I couldn't get help I was able to solo to the top of Mea as RNG/NIN with Acid and Bloody Bolts. Granted I had movement speed, but it's still possible.