Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warning to Bahamut Server     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Perpnos

Warning to Bahamut Server

Hello,

I am Perpnos, one of the leaders of Vanguard. Just wanted to give Bahamut server a heads up about Kingsbury. He recently had betrayed the LS by fighting Tier 1 sea NMs with another LS and then gave the deeds obtained to another LS. In return, he obtained an Altruistic Cape behind the LS's back by working with people outside of LS. After the incident was discovered, he was given a second chance, but decided to squander it by becoming very insulting to various members after he was privately informed that his priority on various items would be dropped a couple of levels post transgression. A few days later, he decided to hop onto Bahamut server from Asura, all the while maintaining that he was taking a break from the game due to RL issues. Our LS members tracked him to Bahamut server where he continues to play full time. He is a liar and a cheat. LSs beware of accepting him in.

- Perpnos

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: Warning to Bahamut Server

So on his own time he fought poppable nm's with another linkshell, didn't use your pop items and in return for his effort received an item? That really doesn't sound that bad, sure the rest of it isn't "model" behaviour but this seems over the top to try and get him blacklisted cross server.

Is there more to the story?

Ashira

So your LS only allows members to get items from mobs if you kill them as an LS yourself?

I mean, if he was fighting with another LS when he should have been camping or something, that's one thing. But I've helped other LSes with fights before, on my own time. And we have a number of people within our shell that do a number of the cape NMs on their own, in small groups or sometimes with friends outside the LS.. this way they don't have to spend points/bid against another LS member for the cape.

If it's something more like, he's running with 2 LSes to get things more quickly and you had specifically forbidden that behavior in the past, that's one thing, But if it's his own time and he's not like, bailing on helping LS mates with other stuff just to run shit for himself, your LS isn't running sea very often, the other LS welcomed his help and gave him the drop... well, meh. I mean, it's one less person others in your LS would have had to lot against or wait for, or whatever.

As to that LS getting the deeds, I don't see why -- if the agreement was he gets cape, and he's one person and they're an entire LS -- you would think your LS deserves the deeds as well.

Rainbow Dash was here,
    Applejack is a silly filly.

BG Level

If I run into this guy on Bahamut I tell you now I will personally e-high five him and give him my sorrowful condolences that he had to be in such a shitty LS on Asura for so long before finally coming over here.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh wow, this is kinda awesome.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Quote Originally Posted by #686578
    If I run into this guy on Bahamut I tell you now I will personally e-high five him and give him my sorrowful condolences that he had to be in such a shitty LS on Asura for so long before finally coming over here.
    Lol.

So what's this thread warning us about exactly?

Rainbow Dash was here,
    Applejack is a silly filly.

BG Level

How awesome the guy in the OP is and that we should all be looking out for him and giving him a high five and a warm bed to sleep in as he gets adjusted to our new server.

Quote Originally Posted by Mezmerize
    Lol.

Apparently this guy had the audacity to have friends outside an LS.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Lying and cheating your ls mates is against Vanguard rules. That info was posted here for others to know that this individual is capable of those things, take or leave what you want from it. Perpnos is one of the nicest people in this game and and runs the most fair ls you will ever find. He goes out of his way to take care of everyone in the ls, from the newest members to the oldest, without bias. Leaders have same priority as everyone else. It takes a lot to upset him so this incident was no small matter. Vanguard is a close knit group of excellent players who play by the rules and are respectful of other ls. Not many are accepted in and it is hard to get yourself kicked. I have nothing against Kingsbury, but it is certain that he did lie and cheat. There is no need for all the details, that is all the info you need. It is obvious he knew what he did by the fact that he immediately jumped servers, not the actions of an innocent person. Though not as dramatic as some of the more notorious scammers in this game, it shows his character. That is what this thread is for.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ramses, perhaps there is a breakdown in communication here. The OP gave us a story that really didn't paint the accused in a negative light.

Sure, you can come on here and just say "that guy is a liar, cheat and a thief" but no one will give a shit unless you can offer something solid to indicate why the accused is a liar, cheat and a thief. If you're unable or unwilling to give us the reason why the subject of discussion is being accused, then why even bother to post to begin with? The OP failed to provide details that are crucial for us to form a negative opinion of this Kingsbury fellow. Thus, the majority of people now think the OP is a twat. Perhaps clarification is in order?

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Is this supposed to be a joke or something?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Contracting out to another ls when you say you are farming for our ls, lying about it, giving away items to another ls to hide it and then talking badly about ls leaders because he was upset he got caught. That was all in the op and I don't know why you need more details than that. Anything more would just be for spite and that is not the purpose here. Besides, whether he gave every little detail or just said he lied and cheated it still comes down to whether you believe it or not. The main purpose of my first post was to vouch for Perpnos, it's of no consequence to me what happens with Kingsbury.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

According to the OP he farmed and fought jailers with another linkshell and gave the pops he obtained with them, to them. How is that all the other stuff you just mentioned(sorry too lazy to quote.) If you guys are bent because he was fighting endgame type mobs with another linkshell instead of you that's not really something to warrant a warning as what he did never adversely affected you.

If you guys get this bent over something so trivial I would talk shit on the leaders as well.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So you didn't get the whole picture from the op, but you seemed to by my last post and then promptly disregarded it in your conclusion. I don't what else to tell you.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezmerize
    Lol.

Apparently this guy had the audacity to have friends outside an LS.
    Fucking laughed out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashira
    So your LS only allows members to get items from mobs if you kill them as an LS yourself?
    Works for Tribe, guess Vanguard hopes it can work for them too.

Ashira

Quote Originally Posted by Ramses
    So you didn't get the whole picture from the op, but you seemed to by my last post and then promptly disregarded it in your conclusion. I don't what else to tell you.

You still haven't said if it was explicitly stated in rules or otherwise that one CANNOT do such things in this manner with other LSes or some such. The OP didn't say anything about cheating or lying to the LS, merely that he had farmed jailers with another LS on his own, and that LS retained deeds from the fights and he was awarded a cape for his help.

If you had specifically ever said in LS, or stated in rules, that one CANNOT farm with another LS or members of another LS, then that's one issue - but no one has said anything like that. We have a number of people in our shell that solo/duo/trio all the Ix's to get a cape without having to spend the points they would have to if it dropped with LS. We also have people that have teamed up with friends all from another LS to get capes for themselves and/or their friends. Deeds are sometimes split in some manner, but I know if I go with a group all from one LS, I would just pass in favor of them; not really a point in trying to demand a deed when I'm one person and they could have done it without me. /shrug

It's understood that you guys feel he cheated you, betrayed you, whatever, but it's hard to find sympathy for an occurrence which isn't actually terribly uncommon at this point, and where your LS wasn't specifically harmed in any manner.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Thanks Ashira. I didn't want to waste the brain cells trying to respond again.

For you

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Again, if you didn't get it from the op, you should have from my posts. I said some things he did and also said he broke ls rules and lied about it. I was assuming it wasn't too difficult for you all to connect those statements, but guess not. You seem bent on siding with the dishonest person which is fine with me. I'm only responding because you're dead wrong about Vanguard, but you seem bent on being that way too. There is a high level of integrity in our ls and we know it, which is enough for us. You are all very welcome to think whatever it is that makes you happy. Cheers.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Just out of curiousity though. You say that he "contracted" himself out to another linkshell to farm pop items. The way you make it sound is that he was doing this solo. If nobody else from your linkshell was their with him you have zero claim to his pop items that he farmed up.

Sure he may have lied and said he was farming for you guys, but let's think about that. You're mad that he didn't give you the pop items he farmed up by himself to you correct?

Why weren't you out there helping him farm said pop items? Now if I've missed where it says that some of your other linkshell mates were out there helping, I'm sorry. But I'm pretty sure there's no mention of that at all.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast