+ Reply to Thread

Looking for a program to record game footage with

Ok, so I need to record a short movie for a project I got to hand in soon. But I'm having trouble finding a program that will let me record at least 5 minutes of game play. I know so far about Fraps, but you need a registered version to record more than 30 seconds right (it has to be a fluid movie, no cuts).

So, BG, are there any suitable programs that I can use to record some footage that are either popular, free or good? If I need to torrent something I will, but I'd rather not have too.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Re: Looking for a program to record game footage with

I expected better of you, Elcura.
    http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4146103/Fra ... ST_TORRENT

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Bah, I knew I could torrent something but I didn't want to resort to it. Oh well, thanks >.>

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Here.

Edit: For some weird reason Fraps.dll shows up on a virus scan (only if you scan with ArcaVir) as a virus, it's not, its clean.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

http://rapidshare.com/files/86546664/te ... er-zwt.rar

That's what I use, lets you do live streams too.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

fap

i mean, fraps

Old Merits
    BG Level

Don't use fraps, uses up huge amounts of space on the HDD and takes up lots of FPSs. I use ZDsoft game recorder and it's so much better it's fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallso
    Don't use fraps, uses up huge amounts of space on the HDD and takes up lots of FPSs. I use ZDsoft game recorder and it's so much better it's fucking stupid.

I want to try this magical program you speak of, looks promising. Can it do high def?

I fucking hate the format fraps outputs to; I have to do an ass ton of work just to convert the footage to something usable to edit with.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Avanarius

I want to try this magical program you speak of, looks promising. Can it do high def?

I fucking hate the format fraps outputs to; I have to do an ass ton of work just to convert the footage to something usable to edit with.
    It can do any resolution you want it to if that's what you mean, you have 3 options; half size, full size and custom. It also half-encodes on the fly, the output file is large (not fraps hueg), but readily encoded instead of the shitty raw format.

Maybe you just don't know what you're doing.

Any torrent for this ZD Soft one?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowknight26

right.

If you know so well what you're doing, please feel free to recommend a decent way of managing a large volume of fraps video. Including editing and compression.

The fraps codec has poor support amongst most of the video editing software I use causing program instability and other issues. Converting fraps videos seems to be even more difficult without losing sound or video quality.

I can definitely manage with it, it's just more difficult then it needs to be, and I have high standards for quality.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

right.

If you know so well what you're doing, please feel free to recommend a decent way of managing a large volume of fraps video. Including editing and compression.

The fraps codec has poor support amongst most of the video editing software I use causing program instability and other issues. Converting fraps videos seems to be even more difficult without losing sound or video quality.

I can definitely manage with it, it's just more difficult then it needs to be, and I have high standards for quality.
    It outputs as raw .avi... you can compress it with any codec you want after that. You are just doing it wrong. Personally I compress with xvid and end up reducing ~1.5-2GB files to 30-50 MB.

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    It outputs as raw .avi... you can compress it with any codec you want after that. You are just doing it wrong. Personally I compress with xvid and end up reducing ~1.5-2GB files to 30-50 MB.
    Yes....I know you can compress it with any codec, thanks, you've helped a ton.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Yes....I know you can compress it with any codec, thanks, you've helped a ton.
    I'm an idiot.
    right.

Maybe you should try finishing a sentence before you hit reply, dumbass.

all the programs I've used seem to have problems converting large amounts of fraps videos consecutively without having to click after every video I've converted.

edit: also this ZDsoft program does seem considerably better then fraps.