Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

So, umm any other alternative to getting Corsair Dice's?

AH on my server hasn't had any in stock (dinged 20 recently/healer's roll last sold nearly a month ago) The NPC that carries it in Al Zahbi was snatched during Besieged and I'm pretty clueless as to how go about rescuing her.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Re: So, umm any other alternative to getting Corsair Dice's?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The short answer is: No.

The long answer is "Go rescue Chayaya if you want your dice." Granted, if you don't know which of the three beastman forces captured her (if all three are holding prisoners), it's going to take a while since you'll need to go scout the three beastman strongholds for her. She'll be inside one of the holding cells. Once you find her you'll need to get the appropriate key (Mamook Blackscale, Halvung Brass or Lamian Bone) to release her.

If only one of the forces is holding prisoners, it's much easier.

Edit: Jajaroon indeed sells other dice. But my guess is the OP is looking for the dice only sold by Chayaya.

the same thing happened on my server, chayaya was always captured by beastmen and held in one of their 3 stongholds, and I couldnt get dice for a few weeks.

There's no other place to get the dice she sells (jajaroon only sells the dice that she doesnt), sometimes people will sell some of the dice on the AH to make money while she's captured but other than spamming bazaars and getting lucky you really have no way around going to rescue her.

The easiest way to do this is look on the wikis for maps of cell locations and ninja around on rng or with rng subjob (i did it on whm75/rng37) until you find her, but this can be tough in places like arrapago where the cells are off the map or in halvung where your widescan doesnt cover a large enough area for you to see her without stealthing past true-sight mobs to get a better scan position.

For trolls you can solo/duo the 'easier' key droppers right outside the halvung entrance in bhaflau but you'd probably want to make sure she's in halvung before you go and do this. You can also get a key to get into the cell area (but it will not open the cells) in arrapago once per week at a ??? in caedarva just south of the arrapago zone.

The "easiest" way to rescue the NPC is to have a thf friend come along and pick the locks, if they need some sort of incentive beyond just helping you, the person/party who rescues an NPC gets 100 imperial standing and a ??? item (usually a box) from the NPC once they return to their posts in al zahbi several hours later. When I finally ended up rescuing chayaya from mamook I went on blm and just slept everything, my friend picked the lock to release her, and we both warped the fk out.

Or you could just wait for the JPs to get tired of waiting... but CORs are few and far between and there's a good chance you're the only person on your server waiting for dice.

Good luck.

edit: theres a good guide for rescuing mamool prisoners on otherwiki but none of the maps I found accurately show where all of the halvung cells are. I didnt even bother looking in arrapago.

You can sort of "deduce" where she is/isnt by seeing how many prisoners a certain faction holds on /bmap and compairing that to the number of prisoners you see on widescan, and determining what zone she is/isnt in by virtue of her not being in the other two zones, etc. Anyway yea

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I buy all my dice/scrolls/etc for many levels ahead for just this reason. When I started leveling COR, I bought all the dice until 50. Once I got around 40, I picked up the rest to 75.

COR isn't like BRD -- you're only getting a new die now and then. It's not hard to buy them ahead.

BRD sucked, at least one new song every single level... and some levels had more than one new one!

Quote Originally Posted by ThistleChaser
    I buy all my dice/scrolls/etc for many levels ahead for just this reason. When I started leveling COR, I bought all the dice until 50. Once I got around 40, I picked up the rest to 75.

COR isn't like BRD -- you're only getting a new die now and then. It's not hard to buy them ahead.

BRD sucked, at least one new song every single level... and some levels had more than one new one!
    Would have bought them beforehand if I had realized they're never in stock or it was the only source to get certain dices.

I guess I'll try hunting the bitch down, quite the hassle to buy some fucking dice.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

When I first leveled COR I had a hell of a time buting the dice I needed when I needed them. I was really bad about not stockpiling them all at once, so I went for a long time missing some of the useless ones sold from the Al Zabi NPC.

Also a good idea: if you see a sudden surge in CORs, and you see a high-level Beseiged coming, go into Al Zabi and buy the commonly used dice and throw them up on AH. People will usually check AH for spells/songs/dice before they'll farm or look for them on a NPC.

I made a killing selling Wizard's Dice for double what it was worth on NPC because no one rescued the NPC for over a week.

btw in case you were wondering the total cost to buy all dice from the 2 NPCs (including corsair die if you threw it out or sold it a long time ago) is 752,417 gil. If you kept your corsair die you get to save 316 gil but yeah, lol.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Lucky you get to save money on Gallant roll since it's junk.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    There are a lot of them that are basically worthless (MATT up... for pets only... buh?), but it's hard not to get them all anyway. :/

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

by all of your dice when you unlock cor, or you can buy all the dice to lvl 40-50 then get the rest while your doing your AF.

the NPC was gone for a couple days when i needed rogue's roll and i'll never let it happen again, if space is a problem drop some shit because if your actually missing a useful roll(partied with a lvl 40 cor with no evokers) you will be kicked from the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides
    btw in case you were wondering the total cost to buy all dice from the 2 NPCs (including corsair die if you threw it out or sold it a long time ago) is 752,417 gil. If you kept your corsair die you get to save 316 gil but yeah, lol.
    holy shit, I can't believe I spent that much money on that job on just NPC crap

and I thought I tossed away a lot of money on scholar, good lord

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    holy shit, I can't believe I spent that much money on that job on just NPC crap

and I thought I tossed away a lot of money on scholar, good lord
    not to mention the bullets costs so much still :/

wish there was a way to obtain some dices other than buy from NPC, I don't wanna buy the PLD roll and such.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

At least I paid that back when TAU first came out so the economy was relatively inflated still. God damn, that's a lot of gil to spend, especially since half the rolls I know I'll never use. :/

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Speaking as a fully meritted COR that actually does more than merit, I can say with full confidence that Gallant roll is far from junk. We use it with our 3 man KC BCNM build, helps our PLD keep hate while doing extra DMG (yes I do still pull hate back on COR/RNG after a while). Also works a treat on the ISNM 75 with the puk that clones itself. Watching all 5 clones hit the PLD and then instantly die before the BLM can even find the thunderga II macro is priceless.

Ama

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I was under the impression that damage caused by things like spikes did not contribute to the enmity of the...umm, spiked one. Nice tip for the ISNM, though.