Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dynamis drops     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Dynamis drops

I'm not really sure, but i'm also curious at the same time, Today during dynamis I noticed that all AF either dropped with coins or by themselves, Now I don't know about everyone else but I don't think I've seen a single AF drop with synthesis items; ore, head, or whatever it may be. Although it could be that I never really payed close attention since it tends to get boring after a while hehe, so are ore, and all those items that drop possible slots for af to drop? kinda like how when omega or ultima drop 3 items one is garunteed to be a body, so would the synth items be possible slots for AF or am i crazy? lol

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Re: Dynamis drops

Quote Originally Posted by The Newbie Forum rules
    This forum is for asking questions or discussing certain aspects of the game. That means that a topic that is generally more of a personal kind can be posted here without fear of being shot down in the advanced section. Let me make this clear, from this point on, if you are caught trolling in this section you will be punished. I have asked the moderators of the forums to keep a very close eye on this section because it's getting out of hand. If you can not read this section of the forums without being nasty, don't even click it. (That means if you are going to respond to a post in this section, that you can not simply say that you didn't read it, stop crying, or start name calling.) We are very lenient in the advanced section regarding this, but not here.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by myvsylph
    I'm not really sure, but i'm also curious at the same time, Today during dynamis I noticed that all AF either dropped with coins or by themselves, Now I don't know about everyone else but I don't think I've seen a single AF drop with synthesis items; ore, head, or whatever it may be. Although it could be that I never really payed close attention since it tends to get boring after a while hehe, so are ore, and all those items that drop possible slots for af to drop? kinda like how when omega or ultima drop 3 items one is garunteed to be a body, so would the synth items be possible slots for AF or am i crazy? lol
    I doubt Relic Armor shares a slot with synthesis materials, but I do think Relic Armor shares a slot with Relic Weapons.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd
    I doubt Relic Armor shares a slot with synthesis materials, but I do think Relic Armor shares a slot with Relic Weapons.
    You'd think that after doing Dynamis for more almost 4 years, I'd have more screenshots of AF dropping Q_Q.

I'll look out for item/weapon drops with AF.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    You'd think that after doing Dynamis for more almost 4 years, I'd have more screenshots of AF dropping Q_Q.

I'll look out for item/weapon drops with AF.
    Have you seen weapons drop with armor? To be honest, I don't pay a lot of attention to what else drops with AF when it drops. I'm fully concentrated on the coins and the AF, the rest is rubbish. (Except Dynamis - Windurst when I needed my Relic Dagger.)

Last Bastok we did on Sunday had Coins + Wootz ore + AF drop from one mob.

I remember because we had to keep track of Wootz ores, and I was like "Hey, coins, ore and AF!"

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

This past weekend we had 7 single coins drop off one mob in Windy. Friggin' insane.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401
    This past weekend we had 7 single coins drop off one mob in Windy. Friggin' insane.
    You ever have almost an entire pool of currency drop off those fucking Hydra in Beaucedine? That shit makes me so mad when you see like 9 bills appear in the pool at once...

Relic Horn
    BG Level

:/ I've never noticed more than 4 coins drop off a single mob in cities, and never more than 7 (although I know 8 isn't necessarily that uncommon) from Beaucedine fomors.

Speaking of Beaucedine fomors, am I correct in thinking that they have an enhanced (read: doubled) drop rate on Relic Armor? I assume this based on the fact that they essentially have 2 treasure pools worth of drops (the double coins, and sometimes of different types, thing). I know they wouldn't be able to drop 2 armor at once, but that doesn't exclude the possibility of a higher chance.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

:/ I've never noticed more than 4 coins drop off a single mob in cities, and never more than 7 (although I know 8 isn't necessarily that uncommon) from Beaucedine fomors.

Speaking of Beaucedine fomors, am I correct in thinking that they have an enhanced (read: doubled) drop rate on Relic Armor? I assume this based on the fact that they essentially have 2 treasure pools worth of drops (the double coins, and sometimes of different types, thing). I know they wouldn't be able to drop 2 armor at once, but that doesn't exclude the possibility of a higher chance.
    Plough through them constantly, they don't seem to have a higher AF rate to me.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

Plough through them constantly, they don't seem to have a higher AF rate to me.
    our first formor run drop 3 afs for us w/o th4. after that, drop one af per run. And now, 0 af

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Just got a relic weapon and AF off one mob in San d'Oria. Still trying for AF/Item.

Cool thanks for everyone's replies, Also my question was based of a snow zone I suppose since relic weapons don't drop in snow zones, but it was amazing how i never really cared to take notice but who knows lol, just food for thought perhaps

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

From what I've seen (and I may be wrong), AF2 always drops in the final slot of the mobs treasure pool. This prevents you from obtaining two pieces of AF2 from a single mob. I dont often pay attention to this, but when I do, its always the last thing in the list.

Xavierus

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Xavierus
    From what I've seen (and I may be wrong), AF2 always drops in the final slot of the mobs treasure pool. This prevents you from obtaining two pieces of AF2 from a single mob. I dont often pay attention to this, but when I do, its always the last thing in the list.

Xavierus
    Don't sign your posts, it's annoying as hell and bannable.

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/4...3224723rd9.jpg

From last night. I'll screenshot more AF drops with items/weapons to see what slot they always take up.

Naver

Xavierus

hi!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1...2/img_0227.jpg

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Naver

Xavierus

hi!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1...2/img_0227.jpg
    uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i've never seen that happen. And judging by the name of your jpg, it was quite some time ago since that was when windower used the old image naming format.

That seriously has never happened to us in 3 years and 9 months of doing 2 runs a week. Ever.

*EDIT* hurrrrrrrrrrrrr dual targeting. 2 different mobs...fuck you totally got me Q_Q

Naver

File was created on March 5, 2006. Also, it was a single goblin that dropped those. Mostly the reason why I screen-shotted that event.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Naver
    File was created on March 5, 2006. Also, it was a single goblin that dropped those. Mostly the reason why I screen-shotted that event.
    <Suiram> -ga = AF

Are you sure you didn't kill two at once?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Havok Stormblood
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I've seen two AF drop from one mob 3 or 4 times in my dynamis career, it can definitely happen.