+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level

Re: Champions League (Semi Finals)

LOL Libertadores, just having mexican teams there makes it a fucking joke.
    There I said it too.

And yeah Giovanni still plays for Barcelona last time I checked.

2nd half of the game was booooring.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I want Man U & Liverpool to go through. I despise Chelsea for various reasons, one being the associate themselves with Rangers( a team from Glasgow who's fans feel the need to pretend their English, and say silly things like "God Save the Queen" but thats a whole other story lol...) The biggest reason being John Terry. He just looks like a complete wanker, nevermind being a highly pretentious one.

Barcalona 'cause they put Celtic(my team ) out earlier in the competition, and the only other football player I hate, Deco, plays for them.

Poor show from Man U tonight, and typical Barca trying to pass it into the net, left for a pretty unexciting match.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Rofl, I figured you'd say something like "i'm a fan of Celtic" after you bashed Rangers.

You guys had that dick Berkovich play for you guys right?

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin
    LOL Libertadores, just having mexican teams there makes it a fucking joke.
    There I said it too.

And yeah Giovanni still plays for Barcelona last time I checked.

2nd half of the game was booooring.
    Actually, for some demented reason Mexican teams perform quite well there. But fuking america and who else is going? Anyways, america is the worst, they've gotten 1 point can't imagine they'll do well down there LOL >_>

Banned.

BG Level

Atlas

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alvinho
    Libertadores > Champions

Yes, I said it.
    Seconded. Much more interesting than CL.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Raiko
    I want Man U & Liverpool to go through. I despise Chelsea for various reasons, one being the associate themselves with Rangers( a team from Glasgow who's fans feel the need to pretend their English, and say silly things like "God Save the Queen" but thats a whole other story lol...) The biggest reason being John Terry. He just looks like a complete wanker, nevermind being a highly pretentious one.

Barcalona 'cause they put Celtic(my team ) out earlier in the competition, and the only other football player I hate, Deco, plays for them.

Poor show from Man U tonight, and typical Barca trying to pass it into the net, left for a pretty unexciting match.
    'mon the Hoops! :D Big, big Old Firm game on Sunday. Hopefully we put 'em away and Rangers drop points to Hibs next week. You're not one of those depressingly bigoted Celtic fans, are you? <.<

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Colm
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiko

'mon the Hoops! :D Big, big Old Firm game on Sunday. Hopefully we put 'em away and Rangers drop points to Hibs next week. You're not one of those depressingly bigoted Celtic fans, are you? <.<
    Is there any other kind?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm not.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Finally a CL thread on BG

I'm a huge Chelsea fan and I was extremely pleased with the result on Tuesday. Riise was the Chelsea man of the match in my book . We have no management this year with Grant but we are getting so lucky. Lots of fluke goals and OGs. Overall it was a mediocre game though... looking forward to their showdown with Man U this weekend and the 2nd leg though. Essien is awesome and has been playing fantastic and I think he will make a huge difference in the 2nd leg, especially at the Bridge.

To be honest, The Man U - Barca game was boring as hell. Van Der Sar didn't get tested until what, 80+ minutes into the game? I don't understand why with Ronaldinho out (and most likely with AC Milan next season) they don't play Henry & Eto'o up front with Messi on the wing. It seems as though the more space Messi has to play in, the better he does.

You could tell though by the way the strikers for Man U were playing (especially Rooney) they really didn't want to concede a goal. Very conservative approach. Vidic should be back for the 2nd leg, allowing players such as Brown and Hargreaves to return to their more natural positions on the wing and central midfield respectively.

Ronaldo missed such a golden opportunity with the penalty though... cue the "not a big game player" banter!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yay more Chelsea fans!

edit: wtf happened to the smilies? they look horrible.

Though a Man U fan, I have to say that of both games I was most impressed with Liverpool... they were really putting their best game out there which is saying a bit.

Man U v Barca was just sad... I half suspect that had Ronaldo managed to hit the back of the net and not a fan in the face with that ball... that Barcelona would have been even more aggro for the rest of the game and the score would have ended up 100 to 1.

I know that things should start a bit differently in Old Trafford, though I do wonder if it is going to be another disappointment for Man U in the Semis. I wouldn't mind seeing a nice Derby match in the finals though, with Liverpool and Manchester, as that pairing always turns out a good game. Also... I just want to see Exo cry.

Even you if you do tie us on Saturday Exo... you have oh... only a slightly smaller Goal Difference (54 Man U, 36 Chelsea)

But hey, at least it isn't Arsenal in there right?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You're not going to win all the remaining games.

edit: seriously, this smiley looks like shit.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

It looks like it has the down syndrome ;x

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Oops, sorry forgot all about this thread lol

If you guys(americans) really like football, you should try to see the Celtic Vs Rangers game on Sunday, Guarantee that will be awesome. If any of you do post back and tell us what you think about it. Gaurentee you wont see a crowd like that in many Champion's League matches. The rivalry is like nothing else you could imagine lol

And to whom it concerns, no I'm not a bigot or anything like that, I just love seeing the Rangers fans faces who act like that after they get beat. :D

Here's the highlights from the last game if you want a taste heh :bagel:

Literally after I just posted that message someone sent me this over msn haha

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...169260300l.jpg

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm sure that the rivalry can be matched elsewhere. Namely Boca x River in Argentina, various teams in Brazil that compete from the same state, and I'm sure Mexican clubs have their rivalries, as well as England and other countries in Europe. I don't follow much EU futebol outside of CL, UEFA cup, and general highlights, but I know the sport is taken seriously in many countries over in Europe (at least here in South America, it is). I personally think it's a beautiful thing to watch. It's almost like watching a completely different game, or at least the same game on a whole different level.

IMO, as far as futebol on a national level goes, there's nothing better than watching Brazil play Argentina. Win or lose, it's always a great match.

I really have no idea what's going to happen in the CL. No team impressed me, and it looks like a hige toss-up atm. It's a shame EU teams don't take the Toyota/International/World Club Cup that seriously.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I was gonna say... the Rangers/Celtics Derby isn't the best lol. (not even in terms of fans/rivalry/songs/fireworks.. although it is pretty amazing.)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

It has to be Boca-River or Galatasary-Fenerbahce.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh yeah, them Turkish folk are some crazy mofos.

roly poly
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'd like to see Chelsea for the win, if only for my dislike of Manu (and Rooney's ugly face). Liverpool did fine until Riise's wild ride, and looking at their track record @ Stamford Bridge... no hope.