Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1. #1
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    68
    BG Level
    2

    Possible list of LSs who do not charge for BB items?

    Hello!

    I was wondering if it were possible to get advanced players to list either their linkshell or linkshells that they know of who actually don't mind giving Black Belt items to non-member MNKs as long as the linkshell doesn't need said items.

    I know this is a very thin line I'm walking and I hope not to burn any bridges or offend anyone in the process and killing any chances that MNKs may have of getting Black Belt items. The only reason why I bring this issue up is I'm assuming most MNKs are like me and don't have much gil to spend, have only 1 or 2 jobs to 75 (where in my case, I only have 1) so are not very attractive to a majority of linkshells for ground HNM purposes, have horrible luck with KS99s, or can't commit to a ground linkshell because of real life constraints.

    If there are some linkshells willing to help out a MNK in this way, especially if they see one hanging out in Behemoth's Domain or Dragon's Aery, please take into consideration that the MNK at least completed the Brown Belt quest on his/her own and is dedicated enough to camp in HNM areas for the off chance they may get lucky and find a linkshell that doens't need the drop and would toss it otherwise.

    Also, I want to point out to MNKs everywhere that the generosity of the linkshell shouldn't be taken for granted either, ever, should you be fortunate enough to receive Black Belt items. And that if there are MNKs looking to contact a linkshell regarding this issue, seek out what you as a MNK can do to help out the linkshell with like crafting items for them or accompanying them to maybe salvage, Nyzul, sky/sea, or something. Don't just go up to a linkshell with your hand out expecting to lot for free either.

    A good example is one creative MNK traded two stacks of kindred seals for his Black Belt items to a linkshell that did a lot of KS99 runs and didn't need the Black Belt items. It worked out very well for him. And MNKs looking for this favor from a linkshell should always be very polite, even if shot down and told to gtfo. And please don't /sh some lame crap like, "Can I haz ur b. tong or A. eggz prz??!!" while a linkshell is killing a HNM either. Not only is it really annoying and shows a lack of class, but it's a terrible distraction as well.

    I know for some people, this topic is asking for a lot. And the Black Belt is indeed a HNM item and possibly one of the best items in game, let alone for MNK. So if it's ok with some of you, can we get the server name and linkshell (maybe a website if it's not too much trouble), so that way we can at least maybe talk and work out some type of deal that would be the most beneficial for everyone invovled?

    I do see that it is pretty much one-sided, but there has to be something that we as MNKs can do to make up for it without being charged anywhere from 500,000-2,000,000 gil per item


    Thank you for your time and I hope to get favorable replies.
    If not and I've stepped out of bounds, I do sincerely apologize.

  2. #2
    Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,835
    BG Level
    6

    Re: Possible list of LSs who do not charge for BB items?

    gotta be careful how you go about this, you worded your query quite nicely, and I don't foresee any massive chops to the face incoming due to asking for handouts

    I've seen bb items go for free, usually to friends of LS members so long as no one in that LS hates them, no one is waiting to pay 100k-2M for said item, no one's mule needs it etc

    I heard of a dude on quetz that Integral or JDA gave a bb item to at turtle cuz the guy was so hardcore about showing up to camps for a month straight. It was obvious why he was there but he wasn't pulling a Jundior at KA hanging around with 6M in bought gil hoping some idiot would sell a V belt

    I dunno, good luck I guess, but your time might be better spent levelling WHM to get into an LS that allows you to lot these -- RL constraints suck but maybe there's an EU LS that would be better suited to your schedule (this coming from me who is former HNM member and now sitting on 385 ks as I have no one to ks99 with and f ODS)

    if the mage thing really isnt your thing, make you mnk the best you can, farm etc, if people see you work hard and do thebest with what you can they may prefer to toss an egg/beard etc your way rather than someone's lvl 28mnk

  3. #3

    Re: Possible list of LSs who do not charge for BB items?

    Part of me thinks that charging for BB items is fine.

    If people can't or won't camp and kill the mobs for themselves, then they should have to put in some financial effort to obtain the best waist piece in the game.

    Of course I'm also happy to see them given away to people who actually deserve them. It's just the lazy ones who I object to, for example the ones who lack the social skills to even gather 3-4 friends to camp NQ turtle and maybe even behemoth.

  4. #4

    Re: Possible list of LSs who do not charge for BB items?

    I was hoping for a list of LSs that would also be willing to give away Ridills, W.legs, Haidates, and V.belts as long as no one really needs them.

  5. #5
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    68
    BG Level
    2

    Re: Possible list of LSs who do not charge for BB items?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    I was hoping for a list of LSs that would also be willing to give away Ridills, W.legs, Haidates, and V.belts as long as no one really needs them.
    I'd have to really disagree with that. As I stated before, the Black Belt is indeed HNM gear, but it's pretty straight forward as it's JSE. Last time I checked Ridill, Algol, w/a/d/ anything, kitty pants, and items like v. belts were not. Besides, this thread about MNKs and their access to Black Belt items. There really isn't a point in trying to bring anything else into the equation.

    Black Belt items =/= the things you listed in your post.

  6. #6
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,066
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Re: Possible list of LSs who do not charge for BB items?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeho
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    I was hoping for a list of LSs that would also be willing to give away Ridills, W.legs, Haidates, and V.belts as long as no one really needs them.
    I'd have to really disagree with that. As I stated before, the Black Belt is indeed HNM gear, but it's pretty straight forward as it's JSE. Last time I checked Ridill, Algol, w/a/d/ anything, kitty pants, and items like v. belts were not. Besides, this thread about MNKs and their access to Black Belt items. There really isn't a point in trying to bring anything else into the equation.

    Black Belt items =/= the things you listed in your post.
    Ridill is WAR JSE. And BB arguably has more effect on a MNK than a Ridill has on a WAR.

    Search for LS's doing KS99. You have a much better chance of getting one for free that way than you do camping kings for it.

  7. #7
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,999
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Possible list of LSs who do not charge for BB items?

    Comparing Ridill to BB in that sense would imply that all War's would strive towards a Ridill, when they don't.

    Ridill is a toy/Drk souleater Zerg tool to me.

  8. #8
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    654
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Aylin Celesse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

    Re: Possible list of LSs who do not charge for BB items?

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    Ridill is WAR JSE. And BB arguably has more effect on a MNK than a Ridill has on a WAR.
    JSE = Job Specific Equipment = Only that job can equip it. Last I checked, WAR wasn't the only job listed who can equip a ridill.

  9. #9
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    68
    BG Level
    2

    Re: Possible list of LSs who do not charge for BB items?

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeho
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    I was hoping for a list of LSs that would also be willing to give away Ridills, W.legs, Haidates, and V.belts as long as no one really needs them.
    I'd have to really disagree with that. As I stated before, the Black Belt is indeed HNM gear, but it's pretty straight forward as it's JSE. Last time I checked Ridill, Algol, w/a/d/ anything, kitty pants, and items like v. belts were not. Besides, this thread about MNKs and their access to Black Belt items. There really isn't a point in trying to bring anything else into the equation.

    Black Belt items =/= the things you listed in your post.
    Ridill is WAR JSE. And BB arguably has more effect on a MNK than a Ridill has on a WAR.

    Search for LS's doing KS99. You have a much better chance of getting one for free that way than you do camping kings for it.
    Ridill's are not JSE. If I remember correctly, THF, DRK, BST, RNG, and SAM can all equip it. And I totally agree with you that a Black Belt has a great effect on MNKs.

    I do apprecaite your suggestion regarding the KS99s. This is something I'm going to look into when I'm able to find LSs on my server that does a lot of runs. ^^

  10. #10
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,066
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Re: Possible list of LSs who do not charge for BB items?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bardlet
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    Ridill is WAR JSE. And BB arguably has more effect on a MNK than a Ridill has on a WAR.
    JSE = Job Specific Equipment = Only that job can equip it. Last I checked, WAR wasn't the only job listed who can equip a ridill.
    wooooooooooooooooooooooosh

  11. #11

    Re: Possible list of LSs who do not charge for BB items?

    /shrug

    I don't think we've ever charged anything for any extra drops, but ironically we don't often camp HNM kings now either. I've always thought it's pretty greedy to say "pay xxx gil for this drop, or we let it fall to the ground." But I've long since given up on hoping for any kindness or respect among competing people in different linkshells at HNM kings...

    When we did though, anything people in alliance didn't want we would offer to other people in the area for free... From BB items, to stuff like Hecatomb Cap, various Zenith pieces, assjamers, pixies, etc. Anyone who wanted could just free lot it. Quite a few people in other HNM shells got some nice gear just from this lol.

  12. #12
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,492
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Re: Possible list of LSs who do not charge for BB items?

    As Max said, Ridill is only a toy for WAR these days. You can get the same output from a Great Axe with much less gear preparation. Its best use is for DRK zerg.

  13. #13
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    53
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Re: Possible list of LSs who do not charge for BB items?

    I haven't used ridill outside of town since getting a perdu volgue. It's like, plink plink plink versus wham bang smash. :nikkei:

  14. #14
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    68
    BG Level
    2

    Re: Possible list of LSs who do not charge for BB items?

    Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    /shrug

    I don't think we've ever charged anything for any extra drops, but ironically we don't often camp HNM kings now either. I've always thought it's pretty greedy to say "pay xxx gil for this drop, or we let it fall to the ground." But I've long since given up on hoping for any kindness or respect among competing people in different linkshells at HNM kings...

    When we did though, anything people in alliance didn't want we would offer to other people in the area for free... From BB items, to stuff like Hecatomb Cap, various Zenith pieces, assjamers, pixies, etc. Anyone who wanted could just free lot it. Quite a few people in other HNM shells got some nice gear just from this lol.
    That's actually pretty cool that you guys did this. There's hope yet! ^^

  15. #15
    Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,835
    BG Level
    6

    Re: Possible list of LSs who do not charge for BB items?

    on the ridill note, there's a thread in the advanced section, the askar head one or the spinel ring one, where a dude with top gear (v belt armadaberk dusk+1 cerb+1 etc) willingly swapped from man/ridill to gaxe if this is any indication

  16. #16

    Re: Possible list of LSs who do not charge for BB items?

    To answer the OP, my LS on Fairy doesn't charge for any of the items. Whatever drops that we don't want (usually ahands or belt items), we just give away to whoever wants it. We're more likely to give it to you if there are multiple people asking, if you, for example, gave us an accurate ToD of turtle on a non-HQ day when we weren't there for some reason.

  17. #17
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,811
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Re: Possible list of LSs who do not charge for BB items?

    Complete List of HNMLSes on Hades that give them away for free:
    .
    Actually, maybe somebody does, but I kind of doubt it. Then again, I haven't asked anybody I know who camps Kings regularly what they sell them for. I'm kind of hoping to get mine via the KS99 route eventually.

  18. #18
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    68
    BG Level
    2

    Re: Possible list of LSs who do not charge for BB items?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseos
    To answer the OP, my LS on Fairy doesn't charge for any of the items. Whatever drops that we don't want (usually ahands or belt items), we just give away to whoever wants it. We're more likely to give it to you if there are multiple people asking, if you, for example, gave us an accurate ToD of turtle on a non-HQ day when we weren't there for some reason.
    I have read somewhere before that your LS does not charge for Black Belt items. That's really cool! Thank you for confirming it though. Too bad I'm not on fairy... ; ;

  19. #19
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    585
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Possible list of LSs who do not charge for BB items?

    Best bet would be to go to the forums of your servers LS's and ask about if/when they are doing KS99 runs you can tag along/lot BB item if no one needs. Might involve a long time sitting waiting but if you are willing to sit at camps, you can sit at a BC. Another solution would be to offer ToD whoring to LS's who might have events that prevented them from collecting ToD's in exchange for items.

    There are a lot of variables in how LS's will react to you, but asking never hurts.

  20. #20
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,999
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Possible list of LSs who do not charge for BB items?

    Rats, was gonna say, one of the best ways to befriend an LS you aren't in is often being willing to hold a ToD for them.

    Got my Joytoy that way by holding Chary ToD over a weekend for a shell that was zerging joyeuses for their members a couple years ago, when they got back into the grind on Sunday they were happy to kill for me instead of camping til they got ToD back.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 2007-03-15, 13:07
  2. my homegrown list of people who can go to beaucedine
    By berticus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2004-10-23, 01:55