BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Re: The World Ends With You

I just wanted to tell you all that this game is FUCKING AWESOME.

That is all, thanks!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001
    Sounds like Disgaea with a stylus gimmick.

lol
    lol
    lol

gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    Quote Originally Posted by arus2001
    Sounds like Disgaea with a stylus gimmick.

lol
    lol
    lol

gtfo
    My thoughts exactly. This game is the exact opposite of an SRPG.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Man thx genosync for reminding me to pick this up!

I was watching a vid of it, looks like shit loads of fun, I'm expecting it to renew my faith in SE as well... cause it's been gone for a good.... 8 years? Maybe more lol.

This game and studying for Finals doesn't mix well at all. So hard to put it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarath
    Man thx genosync for reminding me to pick this up!

I was watching a vid of it, looks like shit loads of fun, I'm expecting it to renew my faith in SE as well... cause it's been gone for a good.... 8 years? Maybe more lol.
    Oh, don't worry about it being able to renew your faith in Square...

This completely made me forget all the less than stellar titles that have come out of their company over the years.

The DS officially has its first completely amazing RPG. It's over, folks. The Tales game is only going to make the little console that's thought to be for kiddies even more of a powerhouse.

Stylus gimmicks? It's only a gimmick when you don't do it perfect.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Anyone understand how Pin Evolution works? I found a nice list of all the pins and their evolution requirements but they don't make sense... take for example:

Code:
     Number 	 Name 	 Spec 	 Class 	 Limit 	 Value 	 Boot 	 Reboot 	 Evolveable? 	 Rqrmt. Evoltn.
     001 	Ice Blow 	Attack 27 	A 	Lasts 1 use 	¥1,200 	Instant boot 	Reboots in 5.5s 	Yes 	SDPP to No.002
    It says it needs SDPP (Shut Down PP) to No.002. SDPP is the PP you get for having the game shut off so ok, that makes sense but to No.002? Does that mean I need to get SDPP from Noise no.2? How is that even possible and how much do I need to get and at what level. This is frustrating because I don't want to keep leveling up if I'm ruining my chances for evolution.

If anyone can make sense of the list please post here, it'll be greatly appreciated, thanks. Once again, the link to the page of pins: 'The World Ends With You' Pin List

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    Anyone understand how Pin Evolution works? I found a nice list of all the pins and their evolution requirements but they don't make sense... take for example:

Code:
     Number 	 Name 	 Spec 	 Class 	 Limit 	 Value 	 Boot 	 Reboot 	 Evolveable? 	 Rqrmt. Evoltn.
     001 	Ice Blow 	Attack 27 	A 	Lasts 1 use 	¥1,200 	Instant boot 	Reboots in 5.5s 	Yes 	SDPP to No.002
    It says it needs SDPP (Shut Down PP) to No.002. SDPP is the PP you get for having the game shut off so ok, that makes sense but to No.002? Does that mean I need to get SDPP from Noise no.2? How is that even possible and how much do I need to get and at what level. This is frustrating because I don't want to keep leveling up if I'm ruining my chances for evolution.

If anyone can make sense of the list please post here, it'll be greatly appreciated, thanks. Once again, the link to the page of pins: 'The World Ends With You' Pin List
    Means it evolves to #2 if the majority of it's gained PP was from SDPP, as opposed to PP gained from fights.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zosi

Code:

Means it evolves to #2 if the majority of it's gained PP was from SDPP, as opposed to PP gained from fights.
    Thanks for the quick reply, I started to figure this out as I looked at my other pins that could evolve like Cutie Pin and Happy Beam where the number the PP said to towards wasn't congruent to a noise I'd revealed yet. Man... some of these pins really evolve nicely but having to earn PP through shtudown or mingle is massive bullshit.

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

Thanks for the quick reply, I started to figure this out as I looked at my other pins that could evolve like Cutie Pin and Happy Beam where the number the PP said to towards wasn't congruent to a noise I'd revealed yet. Man... some of these pins really evolve nicely but having to earn PP through shtudown or mingle is massive bullshit.
    The wiki says that PP gained through mingle or shutdown is counted at 9x the rate of battle PP, so that'll make it suck a bit less.

Getting Shutdown PP is really easy.

Equip pin.
    Save.
    Turn off.
    Turn on.
    Change date to seven days from today.
    Turn off.
    Turn on.
    Load game.
    Get PP.

llollllllllll

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    Getting Shutdown PP is really easy.

Equip pin.
    Save.
    Turn off.
    Turn on.
    Change date to seven days from today.
    Turn off.
    Turn on.
    Load game.
    Get PP.

llollllllllll
    Haha, I didn't even think of that...

Now the only thing that sucks in MPP... none of my wireless signals are working for it. I setup my motorola wireless router and my nintendo wi-fi USB connector but neither seemed to mingle right away. I left it on overnight at 10 max mingles and I encountered one person, 'the impossible' which was an alien or some shit. Anyway, it gave me 100 PP which seems like if I could actually get mingle to work right I could get these pins evolved in no time.

Zosi, where did you read SDPP and MPP were counted at 9x the rate?

Mingle: Just leave it on and plugged in. You don't even need to have it close to anything, it'll encounter aliens and give you some PP for it eventually. Does take a while though.

SDPP and MPP counting at 9x the rate: This only deals with PP counted towards evolution, when a pin reaches master level. Let's say, you have a pin with 600 BPP, and 100 SDPP, and it takes 700 PP total to master. So, it hits 700 PP, and common sense number-wise tells us that BPP is actually the majority of the PP used to master the pin. However, when determining this, the game multiplies the SDPP and MPP by 9. So, now you have a 600 B vs. 900 SD, and the pin would only evolve to whatever it was supposed to for evolving by SDPP (if it has one).

Only counts when determining evolution of pins. Not for leveling it up.

So, let's say you have a pin that needs 1300PP total to master, and it evolves by MPP. Instead of filling that 1300PP with MPP (which would take you a long while), you can do Mingle for like 200PP, and then do BPP for 1100. This puts MPP at 1800, and BPP at 1100, so it still evolves by MPP.

Get it?

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Yeh I just wasn't sure if the 9x thing was true, I knew it didn't actually yield 9x the PP it says you gain just considers it 9x for evolution majority PP or whatever.

I tried the change date thing and it's not working... :/

nvm.. I did like 5 days and it didn't work... I did a year and it gave me like 200 or so lol... Hm

Yeh I just wasn't sure if the 9x thing was true, I knew it didn't actually yield 9x the PP it says you gain just considers it 9x for evolution majority PP or whatever.

I tried the change date thing and it's not working... :/

nvm.. I did like 5 days and it didn't work... I did a year and it gave me like 200 or so lol... Hm
    Make sure you do it 5 days, and that it doesn't rotate to the beginning of the month (keep in mind you're on 4/30 right now, you probably went to 4/5... instead of 5/5)

It maxes out after 7 days anyway. Just put it 7 days in advance every time to get the most PP possible.

I'm about to go make some sexy pins that I really need, I got finished the main part of the game with just that JofM direct slash pin, the D+B triple icicle pin, Sushi, and the original basic Fire pin. It's really all I ended up using, lol... 'cept for a projectile spam pin or two.

I upgraded the JofM pin I used all the way to max in the first chapter... shit just died. Quick.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Ya I realized my mistake and it was like you predicted, I just recyled and went back in time the first time. Anyway, I notice going 7 days ahead yields like 150 on the first day, then 70 then like 20 and 9 on the rest of the days which is weird. Why isn't it max for all the days? Oh well.

Also, ya I'm using that direct slash pin. Before it I was using the first slash pin you got without a brand.. those pins fucking rock. The enemy can't counter them and you just spam it, then iciles/long range until it recharges.

The Kanesada pin right? The other evolution path it can take if you choose MPP for the first evolution looks more powerful though. I can't find another Masamune pin though. The vendors it lists don't have it on my file and I don't have the money to spend so I'm just going to stick with it until I have like to go back and evolve one the other way.

My other main pins are going to be the Cutie Beam and Happy Beam leveled up to their respective best evolutions. The max form of the Happy Beam is looking especially nice, the Angel Magnum, pin No.021.. 102 attack and 12 uses.

The telekinesis pins are really good too, like the Sexy D which I took to max while I was getting SDPP for my Masamune, I just throw shit around and it does alot of damage and keeps them back when I'm waiting for shit to reboot. It sucks though, if the battlefield has no objects to move the pin is totally useless.

LazyShell
    BG Level

I've been playing it on and off since it came out, but never for very long, so I'm not very far at all (I think). How long did it take most people to get into the game to the point where they couldn't put it down? I mean, its been a little interesting, but nothing that doesn't let me put it down. Maybe I'm just not that far into it yet (I think I'm on day3 start? they just introduced brand influence in different areas of shibuya).

Quote Originally Posted by geno
    I've been playing it on and off since it came out, but never for very long, so I'm not very far at all (I think). How long did it take most people to get into the game to the point where they couldn't put it down? I mean, its been a little interesting, but nothing that doesn't let me put it down. Maybe I'm just not that far into it yet (I think I'm on day3 start? they just introduced brand influence in different areas of shibuya).
    Get some high damage pins.

You'll then see high numbers.

And you'll only have to rapidly slash the crap out of everything.

Just give it time. lol

Needed to put this separate because it's important:

This game has endgame content that spans the whole entire (well, mostly) story replay. Toss on Ultimate, try to fight a couple bosses without having maxed out stats from food+equip, and it's hard as shit.

wtf? A game that gives me Game Overs constantly but doesn't one-shot me? And I can figure out ways to stop losing and they work without grinding forever?

Wow. WEWY kicks ass. I'm glad there's actually another challenging game out there now.

Ultimate

Neku
    ATK ~60
    DEF ~34

Partner
    ATK ~40
    DEF ~60

6 battle reduction
    Taboo Noise x4 > Taboo x4 > Fucking kangaroos and bomb thing and a mink > more of same > Taboo x4 > TWO FUCKING KANGAROOS, A COREHOG, AND A GODDAMN PENGUIN.

I've refought this like 7 times now, and the last time, I got EVERYTHING but the fucking Corehog at the end dead. It raped my partner in like... 10 seconds, from us at full HP to nothing.

Fucking... goddamnit.

ok, and now it died, and I only got TWO FUCKING SHADOW MATTER OUT OF IT. Twelve Taboo noise, my drop rate 33, 6 battles, that's 218 total, 218 x .02 -> 40-50%, and I get 2 fucking drops. I feel like I'm playing FF. Last time I got 7/8 though. Meh.