+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The World Ends With You     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Re: The World Ends With You

First off, before the plea for help - everyone who has this game should take a look at the picture of the Friends List on page 41 of the book and tell me what is wrong.

Now that that's over with, I've been playing this game far, far more than I should, to the point where I'm trying to 100% everything (items, pin mastery, blahblah) - just reeeeeally having issues with beating Noise No. 96 on Ultimate for the last darklit planet. I've been shotgunning Mako Sinnergies on Shiki and Beat like a frat boy drinks shitty beer, but I'm STILL getting assfucked on the bottom screen.

My setup:

Running at level 97/*, 8* droprate for 100% on his ultimate pin.

Neku:
    Pi Face's cap
    My phones
    Pi Face's Jeans
    Lollipop's Parka

Shiki:
    Your Cap
    Her Stuffed Animal
    Mr Mew Suit
    (Need 4th good item here)

Pins (All mastered):
    Excalibur
    Lazy Bomber
    Meteor Spike (Going to replace with Tigris, maybe)
    Visionary Blend
    Monkey Leisure
    Healing Bunny

My current strat is to just run the fuck away with Neku while popping away on Shiki, trying to survive 90 seconds between Visionary activations and using a monkey with the puck whenever I can't. The major issue with this plan is that the Leo half of the boss hits really, really, really hard - his dash attack is hitting me for ~1500.

Any suggestions on how to do this more easily? I've got plenty of shadow matter (20+) and a few dark matters I can spend on better gear, and I have access to pretty much any pin one could need aside from the One * from Eden set.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Just ordered from Play Asia, if this game sucks I hold geno responsible, although it sounds like it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Millael
    First off, before the plea for help - everyone who has this game should take a look at the picture of the Friends List on page 41 of the book and tell me what is wrong.

Now that that's over with, I've been playing this game far, far more than I should, to the point where I'm trying to 100% everything (items, pin mastery, blahblah) - just reeeeeally having issues with beating Noise No. 96 on Ultimate for the last darklit planet. I've been shotgunning Mako Sinnergies on Shiki and Beat like a frat boy drinks shitty beer, but I'm STILL getting assfucked on the bottom screen.

My setup:

Running at level 97/*, 8* droprate for 100% on his ultimate pin.

Neku:
    Pi Face's cap
    My phones
    Pi Face's Jeans
    Lollipop's Parka

Shiki:
    Your Cap
    Her Stuffed Animal
    Mr Mew Suit
    (Need 4th good item here)

Pins (All mastered):
    Excalibur
    Lazy Bomber
    Meteor Spike (Going to replace with Tigris, maybe)
    Visionary Blend
    Monkey Leisure
    Healing Bunny

My current strat is to just run the fuck away with Neku while popping away on Shiki, trying to survive 90 seconds between Visionary activations and using a monkey with the puck whenever I can't. The major issue with this plan is that the Leo half of the boss hits really, really, really hard - his dash attack is hitting me for ~1500.

Any suggestions on how to do this more easily? I've got plenty of shadow matter (20+) and a few dark matters I can spend on better gear, and I have access to pretty much any pin one could need aside from the One * from Eden set.
    Use something that's mic activated on the bottom screen to add damage faster.

Such options include Vortex Swords. Ah, Vortex Swords. Vortex Swords kick so much ass.

Max out your level, eat a few of the drop+ foods to get your drop rate to where you want it, and keep practicing. So far I've learned, that you can do almost anything in this game as long as you keep trying and refine your strategy.

And Wafik, the only way this game will suck, is if you only play it for like three or four hours and then toss it aside because nothing significant has happened/you haven't gotten decent pins to attack with. You get a Masamune pretty early, just evolve it all the way through with Shutdown PP to get a pretty sexy pin. I think you get the Masamune pin at the end of Day 4, although I don't remember. It's very, very early, and it's a direct slash pin. It's overpowered for about 50% of the game. I think if you don't do SDPP it doesn't evolve at all, but you'd want to double check that. I evolved a bunch of stuff at that point just by tossing it in my slots and doing SDPP anyway, was fun. Got Ice Pillar -> the tri-ice pillar thing then too, which was decent while waiting for things to recharge and running away.

Maybe it's not as fucking amazing as I said it was before, but it still is top quality and completely redeems SE for the failures of the last five/six years, in my eyes.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I don't relaly understand this game, I finally got it, lots of dialogue, I have to fight things, pins feel complicated to me, and I don't know how to use the kinesis one. It says that I should just slash an object on the screen, I do that and all I do is run around or get killed by the monsters. Meh!

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    I don't relaly understand this game, I finally got it, lots of dialogue, I have to fight things, pins feel complicated to me, and I don't know how to use the kinesis one. It says that I should just slash an object on the screen, I do that and all I do is run around or get killed by the monsters. Meh!
    The Kinesis one is the one that lets you drag objects around to inflict damage, right? Try just pressing down on the object for a second or 2 until the object floats, and then try sliding it around the screen.

The game is a little slow story wise and complicated battle wise at first, but once the story picks up and you get a handle on the gameplay, it's stupid addictive.

The original obstacle pin is a drag pin... make sure you put your stylus on the screen for about a second on the obstacle and drag it around to use it. Eventually, there are slash pins for obstacles, but I really don't like using them that much since it doesn't fit my playstyle. Fun pin that you get eventually is Vortex Swords--some of them you draw a circle on the screen, and some of you them you just have to blow on the mic.

You'll get the hang of pins pretty quick. Just worry about the bottom screen at first, and jam left or right on the top screen pending on where the enemies are for now.

Remember, when you get that Masamune pin around day 4, to slot it and max it out to its final stage with SDPP. It's worth the time you spend saving, turning off, turning on, changing date to 7 days ahead, turning off, turning on, and reloading, saving, etc. Really overpowered for that stage of the game.

Keep in mind you should be getting food at almost all times too. Even if you use up all your bites, you (at this point) can never go below having 6 available (right?). After story is over, you can get something that doesn't limit your food per day at all.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I'm on day 3 now, game picked up nicely, and I opened up the Power off PP. I'm sure the game's pace will continue to be awesome, and the main character will stop being such an emo prick.

In regards to food, where do I get it? I don't think I have any. I'm guessing food is like FFXI with the stat boosts right?

As for the top screen, will it become less confusing later in regards to me being able to input commands up top? Right now I feel I have no time to do it, so I just set her on Auto:Fast.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

The game's barely begun on day 3, it's a slow start, but it's great once it gets rolling.

For food you'll find food shops all over the place. Once you eat them you get an initial boost (I think every food item gives a synch % boost when you eat it), and then a varying stat increase once you digest it. To digest the food you need to do a certain amount of battles, so say you eat an "Attack +1" food that goes down in 7 bytes, you'll permanantly gain the +1 Attack after 7 battles.

As for the top screen, you can play through the entire game with Auto on, although it's less effective then controlling it manually (or hell, just mashing left or right so your partner is constantly attacking is often better). Although there's a few boss battles where you'll want to control your partner (there's a couple of points where a boss is immune on the bottom screen, so you'll just end up focusing on the top and drag Neku around randomly to avoid the boss' attacks). If you're anything like me you'll pick up controlling both as you keep playing, you'll never be able to completely focus on both, but you'll improve as you keep playing if you atleast attempt to occasionally use her. Once you get used to all the gameplay mechanics and find a set of pins/psychs you like, you'll get the hang of it in no time.

That was probably far longer then it needed to be, but whatever.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Holy crap this game picked up immensely. I now know how to use the telekenesis one , and the other slashing one (that lets you combo up to 10 times). Doing this keeps the enemies stunned pretty much and I'm finding myself @ 100% not taking damage except for random slashes in here and there.

What I love mostly is SE understand we don't enjoy random battles much, and the battles are mostly optional, woohoo!

What I love mostly is SE understand we don't enjoy random battles much, and the battles are mostly optional, woohoo!
    I tend to find that if I have the option of fighting I get into battles more than I would if they were random. It's more fun to explore places if you don't get into fights every 10 steps, and it takes away from wanting to bee-line straight to the exit.

I can pretty much keep track of both now, but it's harder for me to do it with Shiki than the other two (and your second partner's is a complete joke, and I love using him because he can fucking stay in the air the whole time and blast everything apart--too bad certain boss fights force you to use certain chars though, no matter the difficulty setting/location).

For a long time, leave it on manual and jam left or right pending on where the enemies are. It's also a lot easier to get Fusion stars if you get some clothes that have Combo Panel - on them, and equip them on the partner (the text is marginally confusing in-game).

Also, you're going to come across types of enemies (and some bosses) that only take damage from the person that has the light puck, so make sure you keep your sync rates high (with food use) so that the puck stays in play as long as possible and the multiplier is easier to increase. If you're not at a certain Sync%, you can't hit 5x on the finisher either. 5x on fucking Vortex Swords is so hot. Or on that press+hold character sword, the one that if you upgrade it to the ... I think it's SDPP side, does a retarded amount of damage. Forgot the first part, it's something Line.

Like I said, Wafik, make absolutely certain that you upgrade that Masamune pin to it's final evolution with SDPP the second you get it--BPP makes it basically go down a dead end.

And about random battles:
    After you beat the game, you can get an item that lets you do Chain16... and I'm sure you don't notice this in a Chain 4, but try a Chain 9 with a bunch of Taboo noise, and throw in a couple dragons/wyrms/w/e in there too. Taboo version, of course. By Chain 9, you're doing... about 50% damage from what you started with, and you're getting hit for probably around 4x. lol

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    Or on that press+hold character sword, the one that if you upgrade it to the ... I think it's SDPP side, does a retarded amount of damage. Forgot the first part, it's something Line.
    I don't think I'd have ever beat the final boss without that thing. When it gets you in that bubble and smacks you for a shitload of damage you could just fully charge up that pin and break out of the bubble and hit it for a couple of thousand damage. Never would have outlived it without it, the SDPP one is called Dope Line, but it has a BPP variant that's weaker but gets 3 uses called Wild Line.

After you beat the game, you can get an item that lets you do Chain16... and I'm sure you don't notice this in a Chain 4, but try a Chain 9 with a bunch of Taboo noise, and throw in a couple dragons/wyrms/w/e in there too. Taboo version, of course. By Chain 9, you're doing... about 50% damage from what you started with, and you're getting hit for probably around 4x. lol
    I still need to grab that, I can't even think of anywhere where it's possible to even chain 16 Noise, am I completely missing something?

And about Masamune, if you've already mastered it or something you can pick them up from a couple of shops for cheap. So you don't need to rush to evolve it, although it's a good idea. If you ever want to check how to evolve something the TWEWY wiki has info on practically everything in the game, this pin chart is great. Incase you're unsure about it, BPP is Battle PP, so a pin will evolve by getting mostly PP from battles. MPP is mingle PP, and SDPP is shutdown PP (aka restart your DS and move the calender 7 days ahead PP).

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax
    I still need to grab that, I can't even think of anywhere where it's possible to even chain 16 Noise, am I completely missing something?
    Um, there's a few places, it's just really hard to hit them all fast enough.

But the fight on chain 16 is really fucking scary if you're going after anything hard.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I need to grind moar. Taboo Sho kicked my ass even on Hard. Just been trying to finish up some of the secret reports whilst I grind since I'm not sure what's the best way to go about the endgame. Is there an easy way to get Dark Matter? Drop rate is abyssmal and the enemies that drop it can drop me fast if I'm not paying attention. What pins do you use too? I realized I've been using practically the same pins since week 2.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I still can't figure out how to get the 6th pin slot.
    Not to mention I've also beat the game, I suck. Q_Q

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

You get the last 2 slots from quests in Import Stylings - Shibukyu Main Store and Lifestyle Selects in the 104 building. I haven't bothered to pick up the 6th slot myself yet, more important things to work on (god damned Hollow Leg).

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Ah, I see it now. I need the one from Shibukyu Main Store. But need Scaritite or whatever it is. Know a place to get it fast? D:

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

No clue. Only place I know you can get it is Shibu Q F1, but you need 1 Dark Matter to do the Quest. For Dark Matter you can either kill Ultimate Beat (you can find the Boss Noise outside 104 on Week 1 Day 4) for a .5% default drop rate. Or you can kill Taboo Sho on Hard for a 1% default drop rate (Week 2 Day 2, Tipsy Tose Hall). They're hard as hell, but the other alternative is farming 10 Shadow Matter per Dark Matter and swapping them in Shibu Q F1. Shadow Matter is dropped from all Taboo enemies on Ultimate. All of which have shitty drop rates (0.1%-0.5% default rate, depending on what enemy you farm). If there's an easier way I'd love to know it, as is it's a real pain in the ass to try and get hold of it, and I still need loads.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax
    No clue. Only place I know you can get it is Shibu Q F1, but you need 1 Dark Matter to do the Quest. For Dark Matter you can either kill Ultimate Beat (you can find the Boss Noise outside 104 on Week 1 Day 4) for a .5% default drop rate. Or you can kill Taboo Sho on Hard for a 1% default drop rate (Week 2 Day 2, Tipsy Tose Hall). They're hard as hell, but the other alternative is farming 10 Shadow Matter per Dark Matter and swapping them in Shibu Q F1. Shadow Matter is dropped from all Taboo enemies on Ultimate. All of which have shitty drop rates (0.1%-0.5% default rate, depending on what enemy you farm). If there's an easier way I'd love to know it, as is it's a real pain in the ass to try and get hold of it, and I still need loads.

Crazy Suggestion:

Have you tried lowering your level down to 1 for the huge increase in drops? It's how I make money and it's not too bad. Can get rough though. rofl

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Leb
    Crazy Suggestion:

Have you tried lowering your level down to 1 for the huge increase in drops? It's how I make money and it's not too bad. Can get rough though. rofl
    I always play at Level 1 except for bosses I know I can't handle yet. I've barely touched food, so I still get my ass kicked on some stuff. Not sure I can handle chain 4 of Ultimate Taboo enemies yet. At the moment I'm just working my way through all the secret reports since you get decent items from them half the time. Almost done with Week 2 (although I still need to beat Sho, once I do that'll flag the whole week as cleared). Then I'll farm stuff for the shit I'm missing.