+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The World Ends With You     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

FINALLY finished this game after many months of wrestling with it. I absolutely hated the battle system. It's hard to dodge attacks and work both screens at the same time, I ended up just letting the top screen go to "auto play" for 90% of the game.

I liked the overall story though, it was pretty cool the way things played out in the end.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

It's not...really that hard =/

Don't obsess over the fusion cards, just execute your attacks and the fusions come naturally. Once Neku attacks and passes the puck, get into the habit of just running him in circles with your stylus (mobs way less likely to hit you if you're moving) while you bang out a quick attack on the top screen; puck passes back, and then you can get back to your elaborate attacks or w/e your pins are. The top screen shouldn't take more than about 2 sec of your attention, and if you can keep Neku moving in that time then there's no issue.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Arnwulf View Post
    FINALLY finished this game after many months of wrestling with it. I absolutely hated the battle system. It's hard to dodge attacks and work both screens at the same time, I ended up just letting the top screen go to "auto play" for 90% of the game.

I liked the overall story though, it was pretty cool the way things played out in the end.
    You got 100% completion or just beat it? Jeez. You must have bad hand-eye coordination I beat it like 2 or 3 days after I got it, lol.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I absolutely loved this game, story was awesome and the game play was very unique. It can get somewhat frustrating but if you get a decent idea what you're able to do it's pretty easy. If you want to make the game easier, eat lots of Ramen and learn to control your level with the different gauges. You'll get Neku's bravery up higher and take less damage, also you'll gain access to various pieces of better gear.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yeah, it took me a long time to finish this game (beat it not 100%) mainly because I was so turned off by the battle system. I could do it, but it was annoying to me and I really wasn't motivated to play. I finally finished the game though and I'm glad I did, the story was worth it. I might go back and play Another Day, I've read some good things about it, I might also try to get all the secret reports.

I definitely should have taken more advantage of the food and gear selections that I had, I didn't really do much in those areas.

You think this is the real Dmitry?
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Beat's combo system wasn't hard at all, just being able to pick which ones you need while fighting got a bit tough.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5