+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The World Ends With You     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The World Ends With You

discuss, I wish I had time to say my initial thoughts right now, but I woke up too late.

mostly because I stayed up until 4am playing it.

Quickly though, I'll just say that for the first time in a very long time, I have renewed faith in Square overall.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Re: The World Ends With You

Heard its an amazing game, haven't picked it up yet though

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

downloading it now, yay.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    downloading it now, yay.

I hope it's just cause you don't have a DS!...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

looks entertaining. i'll give it a shot.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Didn't even hear about this, I need a good place for game news... I watched a video review at IGN and it looks amazing. Going to download when I get home for sure.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i just look down gamefaqs' release list for each console and look into whatever doesn't sound retarded.

Also, square announced this along with the 2 handheld KH games I believe, so people heard about it.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I don't like the art style so I haven't bothered with it yet.

It's on my DS though, waiting for whenever I finish with all that I'm already busy with.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Is it really that awesome? Have been watching trailers and videos since before they changed its name, but was kinda concerned because I hear the battle system has a really steep learning curve. Maybe I'll have to pick this one up.

Battle system only has a steep learning curve until you realize that you can place the top screen on automatic and only do actions on there when you deem it necessary for harder fights.

You get all your HP at the end of a fight, or series of fights (which you end up doing often quite quickly). So taking a little bit of damage isn't a big deal. Once you increase your level to like, 10 or so, taking even 15% of your HP in damage still gets you a Star ranking for Damage in the BP tally.

This game owns. I'm scared I'm going to fuck up my screen with how much I jam the stylus on it because it's amazing and I can't hold back from attacking as fast as I possibly can.

I'm already past about 35% of the story content, but there's some post-game things to do too. =) And you may start to think it extremely short, but you'll quickly learn it's just the opposite...

Get this game, this and Wild Arms:XF are the only two games I've recommended this strongly in years.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I played it for about an hour last night going through what seemed likea tutorial and killing lots of Noise. I really like the system they have setup, lots of little details but they keep it from being tedious really well.

i keep fucking forgetting to save and dying... how long does it take before i get the hang of DOING TWO THINGS AT ONCE?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Haven't played this in like a week, was wondering when a thread would pop up. Game is really fun and I'm surprised at how well the plot comes along, it's nothing amazing but there's alot of good twists that you don't see coming, makes a change for the usual glaringly obvious stuff in games. There's like 300 different pins or something too, so there's an amazing range of combo's you can do. Only thing I dislike is the way you have to evolve pins, retarded system but it doesn't really take away from the game unless you seriously feel the need to get every single pin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    i keep fucking forgetting to save and dying... how long does it take before i get the hang of DOING TWO THINGS AT ONCE?
    You can pretty much ignore your partner if you can't focus on doing both, took me until day 7 to get used to being able to get the cards right with Shiki and still focus on the bottom screen though.

Honestly, just throw Shiki on Auto and hit a combo when you find out what card you're looking for. Joshua's slightly easier to be able to work to keep getting fusion stars and I can actually play him normal without having to deal with Auto.

Evolving Pins can be a pain in the ass, but it's at least something else that you have to do that makes you not speed through the game as fast as you can (initially).

You think this is the real Dmitry?
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Darn SE for charging $40 for DS games.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

What IS it? I looked up some screenshots and only got confused.

What is it?

It's the best fucking game you've played in a long time.

This game is worth buying a DS for. Seriously, this could be the only game I ever play on a DS (which, of course it's not, I've owned every Nintendo system ever, and all portable systems for that matter), and it would be worth the money for it. This game is pure genius, and if you just pirate this damn thing and don't actually go spend the $40 for it (OMG IT'S $40 THAT'S SO AWFUL FOR A GAME THAT IS COMPLETELY UNIQUE) you should be shot, multiple times.

WEWY has:

- Unique battle engine, involving simple stylus commands inputted at rapid rates, along with focusing on a second battlefront at the same time
    - Unique story, with multiple twists and never gets stale
    - Unique soundtrack, which some think isn't all that wonderful, but it captures the feel of the game perfectly
    - Unique customization for settings, like decreasing character level to increase drop rate (character level only affects HP), making brands of clothing/pins more effective in certain areas, instantly changable difficulty levels that affect dropped items and of course battle difficulty, pins and ways to level up pins for evolving, types of attacks
    - Did I mention it was unique?
    - Wait there's a unique RPG that exists? wow, how'd that happen

Seriously, buy and play. And then play again.

Sounds like Disgaea with a stylus gimmick.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001
    Sounds like Disgaea with a stylus gimmick.
    Ahaha. This is probably as far from an SRPG you could get. I disagree that it's worth buying a DS for, but it is alot of fun.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    What is it?

It's the best fucking game you've played in a long time.

This game is worth buying a DS for. Seriously, this could be the only game I ever play on a DS (which, of course it's not, I've owned every Nintendo system ever, and all portable systems for that matter), and it would be worth the money for it. This game is pure genius, and if you just pirate this damn thing and don't actually go spend the $40 for it (OMG IT'S $40 THAT'S SO AWFUL FOR A GAME THAT IS COMPLETELY UNIQUE) you should be shot, multiple times.

WEWY has:

- Unique battle engine, involving simple stylus commands inputted at rapid rates, along with focusing on a second battlefront at the same time
    - Unique story, with multiple twists and never gets stale
    - Unique soundtrack, which some think isn't all that wonderful, but it captures the feel of the game perfectly
    - Unique customization for settings, like decreasing character level to increase drop rate (character level only affects HP), making brands of clothing/pins more effective in certain areas, instantly changable difficulty levels that affect dropped items and of course battle difficulty, pins and ways to level up pins for evolving, types of attacks
    - Did I mention it was unique?
    - Wait there's a unique RPG that exists? wow, how'd that happen

Seriously, buy and play. And then play again.
    This is truth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast