Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Warrior Tank set-up equipment build. can i have it please?

Hey can anyone help with a link for warrior tanking and kiting builds. A pretty current guide would be optimal so any new gear can be factor'd in.

Thanks in advance.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Re: Warrior Tank set-up equipment build. can i have it please?

Quote Originally Posted by Evildemon
    Hey can anyone help with a link for warrior tanking and kiting builds. A pretty current guide would be optimal so any new gear can be factor'd in.

Thanks in advance.
    What you did there, I pointed it out.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Sub WHM or DNC and get full resist builds or you're dead to me.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Thanks in advance.
    WAR gets no runfast unless you have desert boots and a SCH with you. In this case, gear as follows :

Anything -dmg taken prioritized, unless you can put a significantly better haste item in the slot, so long as the haste doesn't include dusk(when kiting). Enmity in other slots and perform enmity inducing actions. Sub ninja and take no damage, best way not to lose hate. If the mob isn't very accurate or hits too hard for -dmg to make a difference, go all out DD war and keep hate via damage.

Do not use retaliate if kiting.

Simple enough.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Thanks it helps a little but i need to find a little more specific so i know what i'm trying to acquire. the Desert boots are actually a pretty good idea for KV. i had to kite him for a bit one time, specially since i don't have people who really use scholar in my ls yet.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Novia earring is a must. Warrior has poor evasion, and 7 evasion on the ear is great! It will really help you dodge attacks!

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Moved to newbie

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Asy
    Novia earring is a must. Warrior has poor evasion, and 7 evasion on the ear is great! It will really help you dodge attacks!
    haha that would be like a great idea if their wasn't -7 enmity to make me lose hate

No it wouldn't.
    Evasion +7 for a WAR is worthless since their evasion is shit anyway.
    Best bet would be enmity earrings.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Well the only things I tank on WAR, I just tank in normal DD gear, but when I used to kite Kirin (lolkitekirin, yeah I know, thank god we don't do that anymore), I just wore AF/Adaman for the Enmity and HP in slots where I got a good boost, and macroed Haste into Utsusemi.

I guess the best question is, what are you trying to tank on WAR?
    That could help at least figure out if you're better off tanking through damage or tanking by other means.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

looking for tanking like sky gods, sea gods, hnm. major stuff. Kiting KV. etc along those lines.

just an overview of spefic items for war/nin tanking for each slot including weapons. and different build types.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I bet this is just a troll bait post.

If you're a competent kiter then you need to be focusing on mostly +enmity you'll get that mainly from AF obviously. For kiting something that has a chance of -ga's you may want to think about building a bit of HP but mostly eating some some +HP food will put you high enough not to be one shotted by most mobs (though with enough practice you shouldn't be hit by -ga's.) /Nin is probably the only kiting sub worth anything. I'm not gonna list individual things because it's easy enough for you to look at the AH and the wiki to find the gear I'm talking about.

Overall anything that has a greater movement speed then you will be hard to kite on War (especially with no support) something Kirin you can get away by pathing him around pillars and creating distance during WSs and Spells. The concept remains the same for any mob that War kites. Overall War should be able to hold mobs for a great deal of time but eventually your VE will max out and the mob will go after anyone with higher total enmity so you can't kite forever (for holding this shouldn't be a huge deal as long as you're not taking a mass amount of damage/healing.)

The last trick to learn while kiting and this is completely based on whether your support can handle it too is gear swapping for JAs. By triggering a gear swap right as you use voke or another JA you avoid being bound in spot for that second. This can really be all the difference in kiting without getting hit but your support needs to be able to work with this if they can't handle the constant blinking or it just pisses them the fuck off then it's probably not worth using it.

As for tanking what are you tanking?

Edit: Ok, give me a bit and I'll get to talking about gearing for tanking those if someone else doesn't.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

i say the most tanking i could possibly do would be lesser gods in sky like byakko, seiryu, genbu and suzaku when not a huge amount of our tanks are online. And maybe tanking faust from time to time or some shit like that when with a low man group. only thing i'd prolly kite would be kv. can't think of to much other stuff i would possibly be kiting, i doubt i'd kite kirin. since i mostly go as drg or drk for zerg fights.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Tanking gods is all dependent on 2 things your experience and your faith in your support. The more you have of each of those things the more and more you can lean to DD tanking. Primarily focus on haste whether going defense or offense keeps your recast timers on shadows low (hoping haste is self explanatory.) Next thing to focus on is enmity if you're going defensive AF Body, Harmonia's Torque, Herc. Ring, Warwolf Belt to name a couple. There's no right amount of enmity imo, it will all depend on the hate threshold that your support will have and whether you'll have assistance from Trick Attack. After focusing on enmity your best bet it to find things that reduce your damage obviously Earth Staff and Jelly Ring (might want to have a macro if your stunners are having an off day) then vit/def gear with something like Tav. Tacos. Offensive gear mostly like you would in a merit party make a macro for when you lose shadows to toss on you defense/enmity boosts just in case.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

i'm thinking

Main: Earth Staff
    sub: a +vit strap
    Ranged: bibiki sea shell?
    head: walmart turban(for haste) or askar helm(when i get it for haste, vit and defense)
    heck: harmonia torque(full time?)
    body: af body
    hands: not too sure maybe koenig if not my war relic +1
    earrings: maybe eris for enmity? not sure what else
    rings: herc ring, bq ring and jelly ring?
    back: Boxer's, gigant or ??
    legs: Byakko Haidate?
    Feet: af1 boots.

Also i have the limbus items to upgrade war af should i upgrade my feet or body for tanking?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

i'm thinking

head: walmart turban(for haste) or askar helm(when i get it for haste, vit and defense)

Also i have the limbus items to upgrade war af should i upgrade my feet or body for tanking?
    If you're tanking in a staff on WAR, you're an idiot, and level another job.

Also, have your LS kick you and replace you with a PLD or NIN. (This post was not originally posted in newbie, this guy doesn't get the protection, he's an idiot)

Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

BG Level

looking for tanking like sky gods, sea gods, hnm. major stuff. Kiting KV. etc along those lines.

just an overview of spefic items for war/nin tanking for each slot including weapons. and different build types.
    I haven't actually fought KV but I could swear KV draws in (from all over the zone? or am I thinking something else)

I call troll, this is way too dumb

lol

haha that would be like a great idea if their wasn't -7 enmity to make me lose hate
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    No it wouldn't.
    Evasion +7 for a WAR is worthless since their evasion is shit anyway.
    Best bet would be enmity earrings.
    whoosh on both of you (unless sedi was just playing nice as it was in newbie by the time he replied)

Banned.

BG Level

KV does draw in when he does a TP move (forgot the name), havent seen him do draw in as long as you kite in the small area of his spawn point.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

i'm thinking

Maybe some changes for your turtlesetup
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Iron_Ram_Lance
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Askar_Manopolas
    Resentment, Cerberus back
    Oh, and fuck AF1 boots, whitebox or not, they suck, for DD, tanking, and pretty much everything in general. Upgrade body.

Not sure what kind of crazy situation you'd be in to need a WAR tanking though. 1 or 2 PLD,RDM or NIN would tank much better with way less hassle. I'm not really sure, but WAR/NIN should be able to pretty much DD tank gods with proper support and a small geartweak here and there. Haven't really had to resort to a WAR tank in ages though, so don't take that as gospel. Ironically, the one mob in Sky I've seen tanked by a WAR a lot is Kirin, and that's the one you have no interest in.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

KV does draw in around the whole zone but it isn't always whole alliance it is sometimes. I don't know his precise conditions for draw in since i didn't kite him outside of spawn area and he only drawed me in on his earth pounder and probably the other one if i'm not mistaken.

The idea of askar hands i have thought of before. Maybe Askar feet for tanking?

Side Note: Sath if your not gonna be helpful GO AWAY IF I WANTED YOUR JERK-BAG OPINION I'D ASK FOR IT! Maybe i wanna tank as war, or maybe I want to do some war tanking on a day when we don't have a ton of tanks on. IF THAT'S A PROBLEM THEN JUST QUIT FFXI NOW! Because, i want to enjoy the game and play one of my jobs which is usable at different things.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast