+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of Conan Beta     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Age of Conan Beta

Beta started today, any fileplanet subscribers willing to give it a shot? I'm downloading it right now, 12 gigs

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Re: Age of Conan Beta

I've already downloaded it. I heard it was a lv13 cap without real PvP, so I'm not excited to play it.

desolation yes hesitation no
    Bait of the House of Weave

BG Level

I have it installed and patched at home, but alas I am at work. My brother who works the night shift should be waking up in a few hours, I asked him to send me an email with some pics once he is on. If he doesnt then I'll add a few this evening.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Also they have the DX10 stuff disabled if I remember correctly. Still, I'm looking forward to this title. Looks like it's going to be a stunner graphics-wise. Gameplay though? No clue...

Relic Horn
    BG Level

The game keeps crashing while booting for me. The opening was pushed back until tonight or tomorrow, though.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Didnt get into the beta when I applied a "long" time ago.... anyone giving out beta keys, besides people who subscribe to fileplanet?

Hard to find a decent, unbiased review for AoC; considering that the vast majority of opinions are flying about come from two camps: Those who hate WoW and hope Hello Kitty Online kills it, and those who like WoW and want to kick the former off WoW already. A small minority coming from FFXI/Lineage/EQ 2 players, but that MMO base has been so small to be non-existent in the greater community.

What sticks out from parsing all threads, looking for similarities:
    Loading screens- Looks like they instance everything- even buildings you walk into.
    Combat- Few buttons so far for simple attacks, and little special abilities. Prolly due to being a low-level game right now, though.
    Inevitable Women and Gore- The main draw of AoC, but the female gender is fairly new patched in (I guess they have to have 'unique design'?) and reports suggest that the gore isn't so gory, in the American version.

Will see what it's like when it actually releases, but I'm spoiled by most of the WoW world being non-instanced, and how you can just swim out to the ocean and go diving for Stranglekelp if you want to, so if AoC goes heavy on instancing and loading screens- I'll prolly skip.

I'm still waiting on the Elder Scrolls MMO, though. THAT I would snatch up in an heartbeat.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Venture
    Hard to find a decent, unbiased review for AoC; considering that the vast majority of opinions are flying about come from two camps: Those who hate WoW and hope Hello Kitty Online kills it, and those who like WoW and want to kick the former off WoW already. A small minority coming from FFXI/Lineage/EQ 2 players, but that MMO base has been so small to be non-existent in the greater community.

What sticks out from parsing all threads, looking for similarities:
    Loading screens- Looks like they instance everything- even buildings you walk into.
    Combat- Few buttons so far for simple attacks, and little special abilities. Prolly due to being a low-level game right now, though.
    Inevitable Women and Gore- The main draw of AoC, but the female gender is fairly new patched in (I guess they have to have 'unique design'?) and reports suggest that the gore isn't so gory, in the American version.

Will see what it's like when it actually releases, but I'm spoiled by most of the WoW world being non-instanced, and how you can just swim out to the ocean and go diving for Stranglekelp if you want to, so if AoC goes heavy on instancing and loading screens- I'll prolly skip.

I'm still waiting on the Elder Scrolls MMO, though. THAT I would snatch up in an heartbeat.
    I would agree on Elder Scrolls, so long as its a co-op MMO that's more or less like Oblivion or Morrowind, only online so you can explore with friends. PvP would be ok so long as they don't take it seriously and nerf the hell out of everything just so your custom looter class with only sneaking, pickpocketing, and invisibility skills can take on a battlemage type head on.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Game looks interesting, I just have this sinking feeling that the combat is going to be extremely slow. That, and... they put all this effort into making everything manual (the way you atk, create spells, ect) so its not just an auto-atk fest, but I just don't think its gonna be as "cool/fun" as it sounds on paper. Not to mention it may get a bit tedious if you can't macro-string commands together and every fight has the potential to then turn into a chore. I'll pick it up and give it a try though if it gets decent reviews.

I'm against there being no playable races aside humans though
    And I heard somewhere that you need to have sex w/female players in the game (it restores hp, or something, forgot what it did). But, if its true, it's gonna lead to such immaturity.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Venture
    From what I heard.. the first female design was considered innapropriate and way to sexual so they took them out and that's why there are hardly any in-game pic's of female models. Dunno though... the current female models are pretty damn busty and supermodel shaped, so makes me wonder what they originally looked like >.>

Still waiting on WAR

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan
    Game looks interesting, I just have this sinking feeling that the combat is going to be extremely slow. That, and... they put all this effort into making everything manual (the way you atk, create spells, ect) so its not just an auto-atk fest, but I just don't think its gonna be as "cool/fun" as it sounds on paper. Not to mention it may get a bit tedious if you can't macro-string commands together and every fight has the potential to then turn into a chore. I'll pick it up and give it a try though if it gets decent reviews.

I'm against there being no playable races aside humans though
    And I heard somewhere that you need to have sex w/female players in the game (it restores hp, or something, forgot what it did). But, if its true, it's gonna lead to such immaturity.
    Is the sex part going to be manual, too?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Haha, I bet the U.S. version took out "sex skill" as a leveled up attribute

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Some friends of mine from FFXI/WoW expressed interest in playing this when it comes out so hopefully the beta goes ok and things shape up well. I might end up playing it if it does.

Still waiting for my Pokemon MMO to drop everything for though.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Haha, I bet the U.S. version took out "sex skill" as a leveled up attribute
    Well dam that soorta takes some the fun out ;/

Anyway I heard the game is mainly PVP oriented (or will be) so.. the person with the faster reaction/lower latency is going to be winning over the slow guy... O_o

Internets: "Warhammer MMO coming out!"
    Me: "Warhammer 40K? Ultra-Marines, Tau, Eldar and Waggghhhhh?!"
    Internets: "Nope, just regular Warhammer."
    Me: "You and Mythic are dead to me."

New Merits
    BG Level

That's pretty much it, not saying it's a crappy game, but the directional attacking is a bit overrated. I played a bit of the beta(lvls 1-13 not against NDA, btw!), and there really isn't much to it. All there is, is 3 buttons on your hotbar, one left, middle, and right, and just attack in the correct direction, and use the right direction with the appropriate combos. Again, not saying it's bad at all, in fact, from what I played, it's awesome, but the directional attacking was a bit overhyped.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Was it fased paced so that if you knew what you were doing it was like auto-atking speed in other MMO's w/special atk's mixed in... or did they try to make it "real" where you atk as if your PC was a real person? Granted this type of game play might not come out until higher levels, but just curious if its fast enough where you string commands together, or if its slow enough where you actually get a second or w/e to think about your next swing.

Oh yeah.. can you you decide your next swing/atk/spell while your in the animation of the original atk so that the PC will auto-go, or do you have to wait for the first to finish before you can input the next?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Was it fased paced so that if you knew what you were doing it was like auto-atking speed in other MMO's w/special atk's mixed in... or did they try to make it "real" where you atk as if your PC was a real person? Granted this type of game play might not come out until higher levels, but just curious if its fast enough where you string commands together, or if its slow enough where you actually get a second or w/e to think about your next swing.

Oh yeah.. can you you decide your next swing/atk/spell while your in the animation of the original atk so that the PC will auto-go, or do you have to wait for the first to finish before you can input the next?
    Slower manual attacks wouldn't be so bad if the damage done was greater, so battles took less hits but you had to make them well-placed or timed hits to avoid merely scraping the armor.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I have a friend in the real beta that has been playing wow for years. As a comparison, he is an endgame PVE player but also a big pvper. He absolutely loves the system, and is calling it a wowkiller. He is telling all of us guildies of his to drop wow for it, saying its so fun blahblah.... but honestly it just doesnt look that great to me... I like to pvp in wow once in a while, and I like to pve mostly... but the way the atk system seems to work, I can't imagine a 10min fight being at all fun and extremely tedious, i mean, god leveling to cap is going to suckkkkkkkk.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee
    I have a friend in the real beta that has been playing wow for years. As a comparison, he is an endgame PVE player but also a big pvper. He absolutely loves the system, and is calling it a wowkiller. He is telling all of us guildies of his to drop wow for it, saying its so fun blahblah
    *rolls eyes* (i'd do the emote but the current ones are fugly)

Remember that time people tried to force WoW down our throats despite the fact we liked XI and wanted to play it still?

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee
    I have a friend in the real beta that has been playing wow for years. As a comparison, he is an endgame PVE player but also a big pvper. He absolutely loves the system, and is calling it a wowkiller. He is telling all of us guildies of his to drop wow for it, saying its so fun blahblah
    *rolls eyes* (i'd do the emote but the current ones are fugly)

Remember that time people tried to force WoW down our throats despite the fact we liked XI and wanted to play it still?
    I'm hoping for less pictures of a mutilated penis this time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast