Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: KC DRK before and after     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

KC DRK before and after

Does anyone have a damage parse of a kc drk zerg before the update and after? Just can't see much of a difference myself but I never run a parse.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Re: KC DRK before and after

There is no difference. The new haste cap is 80% and with gear (25%) + spells (50%) you only reach 75%. The update only affected Runechopper and Apoc.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Understood. Thats what I thought. Appreciate it man.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Therin
    There is no difference. The new haste cap is 80% and with gear (25%) + spells (50%) you only reach 75%. The update only affected Runechopper and Apoc.
    I didn't know that lol. I thought it affected KC too. Now I see why the KC went up in price even more.

Comparatively, it's better now than ever. Sold mine just before this the update too, figures.

But yeah, nothing changed at all as far as damage potential though.
    http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5608/dlfi7.jpg

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    Comparatively, it's better now than ever. Sold mine just before this the update too, figures.

But yeah, nothing changed at all as far as damage potential though.
    http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5608/dlfi7.jpg
    wow lol... no one else even came close. thats sick.

How long did that take to kill Rk? 73k HP total seems a lot but might be good for 25 people.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Does the damage shown in these pictures for KC include damage done from the HP drain as well?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The HP drain doesn't do additional damage

Quote Originally Posted by Day
    wow lol... no one else even came close. thats sick.
    Actually on that topic... What is odd, and I've been talking with Releena about this (one of the main developers for DP now), is that the two parses I ran on two different characters gave different results. Taz's parser, which I posted above, showed me at 89 hits for ~207 average each, and assuming it counts dread spikes/drain II it is definitely a total of around 20k damage. But, Taz's parser is also missing considerable damage from other people, where one of the RNGs definitely without a doubt was at around 12k+ total.

DP on the other hand, shows me at 89 hits with a 170 average (Rel checked the .dvps file, the lower average seems to be because a vanguard eye was included in there somehow), but it also picks up the RNG damage and comes out to a higher total parsed damage of 82k HP. But it also seems to be missing damage some damage too. This can be seen here:
    http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4454/dl2up7.jpg

We didn't have any other KC/zerging DRKs though, so the next closest thing were the RNGs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    How long did that take to kill Rk? 73k HP total seems a lot but might be good for 25 people.
    It was dead in about 35 seconds, my blood weapon wore off right as it died and it usually takes me around 4-8 seconds after we pull to setup. DS + Drain II > change to KC gear > get cured while casting dread spikes > activate JAs.

This was also actually the most people we've had for a DL run like, ever... We had around 8 extra people since we were helping another group from a different shell get shield fragment. Lately we're usually going for DL with 22-25 people total. I think we had almost 30 for that run.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

There is a limit to how much damage/log information SE will ship to your client at a time. Make a train of > 15 mobs and kill them all at once with -ga nuke or AoE, and you'll only see damage, kill, and drops for the first 15 (although drops will still be in your inventory). I don't know exactly how the limit applies when the damage/info is not exactly simultaneous, but it's reasonable to believe that there IS a limit.

Also, when you have additional effects procing (whether for damage, or if you're attempting to count them for HP recovery, or whatever) or other multi-part log messages, the log messages tend to become interleaved. And when those people are all hitting the same or same-named targets, it's just about impossible to correctly attribute all of the messages. Your damage can be picked out accurately because damage you do is tagged differently in the log than damage that your party, allies, or others do, but I don't know offhand if the mainstream parsers actually take advantage of that information.

In any case, my previous experience with the DL puts his total HP at around 81-83k. Doing 20k damage to him is pretty f'ing outstanding, imo.

So Rune Chopper or Fort Axe for the poor Drks out there?

And do they even put out respectable damage now? Or just better with M.kris?

RC is a horrible option now, and FA is rather poor as well.

M. Kris almost doubles in damage potential versus those options. It's all about multi-hit weapons now.

M. Kris almost doubles in damage potential versus those options. It's all about multi-hit weapons now.
    but in the end it all depends on what your budget actually is

I guess this is kinda off topic, but for a Ridill build would HP+45 or Swift Belt be better?
    At 75 i'm thinking my build will hopefully be similiar to this:

Ridill(ocassionally borrowing LS kclub, but ridill mostly)/Juniwaysodoasydfa/nothing/bomblet
    Turban/Ritter/Physical/Cassie
    Gloom(Gloom+turban is best choice iirc?)/Homam/Sniper+1/BQR
    Gigant/Swift or ocean sash idk/homam/homam

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Correct, my Moliones's Sickle actually tears my RC up. FA is slightly better.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by amylea
    I guess this is kinda off topic, but for a Ridill build would HP+45 or Swift Belt be better?

Ridill(ocassionally borrowing LS kclub, but ridill mostly)/Juniwaysodoasydfa/nothing/bomblet
    haste is always the better choice with a 1handed wep

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync

but in the end it all depends on what your budget actually is
    Yep!

In the end, even the old RC zerg gear setup will still put out more damage than most melee DDs are capable of in a short period of time. It's just not as awesome as it used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by amylea

Swift best, and yeah gloom/turban is the most ideal combo.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Ok, so budget Drks should go:

Ridill > Merc Kris > Fort Axe > Rune/Belona.. (Leaving out Bahamut Zhag for the moment).

And Merc or Ridill is really that much more than Fort Q.Q.

Im just wondering if it is worth designating a drk party for SV march/haste etc if they are all 3 just Fort Axing it...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast