Thread: What the hell, Midgar?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

What the hell, Midgar?

http://www.hot-hot-hot-catlove.com/f...nfBeastman.jpg

This is conquest, not in the past. How the hell did Sandy lose Ronf? It couldn't be the event, since deaths under 5? 10? don't count anymore, right?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Re: What the hell, Midgar?

They were trying to defeat the mobs 20 years in the past.... I can only guess.

Sandy almost lost this week on Asura too. Side effect of the stupid sword event?

What the hell lol...

I don't even get how that happens, I've never seen the beastmen bar more than like 1/10th of the way full in regional influence.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

FUCK YOU SANDY!! 8)

STR-1 DEX-1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I've never seen that. Holy fucking shit.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

This is just.. weird.

>

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I'm only posting in this thread to show Thistle my awesome sig.

Dice and rum

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by chesh
    I'm only posting in this thread to show Thistle my awesome sig.
    Ha! It's totally sig-worthy, yeah!

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

http://www.hot-hot-hot-catlove.com/f...wWHMSig2_2.jpg

Jesus, do you do Campaign enough? >_>

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Clearly it's because I'm not there anymore.

Way to fail, Midgard.

(I second the "It's the event's fault" explanation)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose

Way to fail, Midgard.

(I second the "It's the event's fault" explanation)
    Doesn't the event level cap you at level 1? When we lost the newbie conquest zones back at NA release, I am pretty sure that they patched the game so any deaths level 5 or below do not count towards conquest.

So either, level capped deaths below level 5 do still count when you are on a job that is above level 5 prior to the level cap restrictions, and SE missed that little piece of code in their patch from a few years ago, or something even more bizarre happened.

Dice and rum

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Turlos.
    Doesn't the event level cap you at level 1? When we lost the newbie conquest zones back at NA release, I am pretty sure that they patched the game so any deaths level 5 or below do not count towards conquest.
    Correct, but if it were a code glitch, I'd think the Bastok and Windy newbie zones would be in Beastman hands, too...

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose
    You know you want to come back to us! :D Who else is going to stand on the broken wall with me, waiting for Besieged?

Quote Originally Posted by Skirkle

Amusingly, I've only Campaigned one day in the last month, and only because I was going to lose my metal if I didn't. When it first came out I loved it and did it non-stop, now I can't stand it and force myself to do it just enough to keep my rank.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ThistleChaser

Quote Originally Posted by Skirkle

Amusingly, I've only Campaigned one day in the last month, and only because I was going to lose my metal if I didn't. When it first came out I loved it and did it non-stop, now I can't stand it and force myself to do it just enough to keep my rank.
    I actually love campaign and it is pretty easy to get a ton of Allied Notes fast, (and keep them as there is not much to spend them on). Generally I work 40-50 hours a week, when I get home, spend time with my family, take care of dinner, etc I only have 30-40 minutes until whatever Linkshell thing is planned for the night. Likewise once LS stuff is done, I usually only have 20-30 minutes before it is time for me to head to bed.

So its either more crafting, mission, assault, quests or xp.. and with only 30 minutes I find campaign the best way to get that. Occasionally I'll pop an Emperor ring and solo real quick, but the rest of the time you can get a quick 2400 - 2500 xp in half an hour solo which isn't that bad. The best thing about campaign is unlike Besiege you can check out, take your points and run off to whatever HNM pop/work/LS event/sleep at any time if you want.

Dice and rum

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Turlos.
    Campaign stuff
    Yeah, I agree that it's a good system (not enough to have the entire expansion built around, but still a good system), my dislike of it is totally my own fault. When Wings first came out, I did Campaign all day, every day. I stopped doing everything else (crafting, LS events, everything) and never left the past. I burnt myself out on it big time.

I'll probably go back to it sooner or later, but I'll be on a much more fun job than WHM.

Wow. I haven't seen that since they patched the regional tally not to take into account under-5th KO's. It's like someone sat there leveling to just enough to matter, died, and releveled...constantly...for the entire week.

(I'm still waiting to see effects in the past do stuff to modern zones, though. It'd be worth it for one week to see Campaign-level orcs terrorize Ronfaure while the newbies desperately tried to kill a rarab or two before being stomped.)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth
    Wow. I haven't seen that since they patched the regional tally not to take into account under-5th KO's. It's like someone sat there leveling to just enough to matter, died, and releveled...constantly...for the entire week.

(I'm still waiting to see effects in the past do stuff to modern zones, though. It'd be worth it for one week to see Campaign-level orcs terrorize Ronfaure while the newbies desperately tried to kill a rarab or two before being stomped.)
    Someone in my shell mentioned that Sandy had Major influence up until a few hours before tally. Still confused as to wtf could have happened here.

Dice and rum

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth
    That'd be so amazingly funny, I'd pay to see Campaign-level orcs loose in Ronfaure.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

And here I was pissed off because Beastmen have been taking Northlands/Qufim often recently on Ramuh, lol.

Time for an Expeditionary Force!