Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Yvonne

Bard new to Nyzul isle Assualt. Advice please ; ;

I'm thinking of starting a Nyzul Isle static. I was wondering if anyone here could help me out a bit since I'll be mainly barding it. I haven't done much research on the Wiki(s) yet, but I was hoping someone could give me any advice and the Cliffnotes version of what to expect and what is expected of a bard during Nyzul. I haven't had a chance to log on as often as I would like, but I think I found some time to set aside. I have a modest set of EQ for bard, as well as capped merits for it.

Also, I'm not entirely sure how to establish the lot priority on equipment, or a good farming routine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Bard new to Nyzul isle Assualt. Advice please ; ;

buff stuff, pull stuff, sleep stuff, elegy stuff, cure stuff?

everything else is strategy based on the floor layout you're on...

and come up with lotting that works for the people you're with that's fair, because someone else's system is almost never going to be the perfect system for your group.

Yvonne

Are there things I should know about pulling specifically? Links and such, poison pots requirements, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne
    Are there things I should know about pulling specifically? Links and such, poison pots requirements, etc?
    ... Things link that link normally? Shouldn't need pots... I mean, really, it's not... hard. Go in with a merit PT setup (of intelligent people because lamp floors suck), crush through everything, call it a day.

If you want help with the lamp floor bullshit, look it up on one of the wikis or on the topic somewhere in the events forum... it's so much crap that no one is going to want to bother reposting it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

i'd advise a brd in nyzul to get a storm fife as that 1-2 mp + per tick will help a lot doing everything in general especially toau bosses later on

just know what your light based sleep can/can't work on
    and make sure your PT members understand how to do specific lamp order floors
    strom fife, definately work on getting it if you don't have

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

Get a Storm Fife.

Have a well-balanced party. My static is usually Tank DD DD DD RDM BRD, or Tank DD DD WHM RDM BRD, etc etc, something like that.

Once you get higher up, start a second runic disc to farm tokens on, since the cost of starting higher up will get steeper.

Whoever selects the floor, will be the disc that's inscribed. In my static, if I click the first portal to start, it'll allow me to select up to 21st floor, if my fellow WAR party member do the same, he'll only get to select floor 1. So make sure that whoever has the disc(s) will be somewhat reliable people.

Only exit on "5" floors. 5, 10, 15, 20, etc. If you exit on any other number, you will still get tokens, but will not get the progress saved. Sometimes, if my group has gotten especially shitty floors and are about to run out of time, we'll finish our current floor and exit, so that we at least get tokens, rather than just an outright loss.

Tokens can be used to buy temp items from the crate on the "ground" floor when you first enter. The melees I go with love grabbing medicines that makes them invulnerable to physical and magical damage, and dusty wings (300% tp instead of icarus's 100%, and don't medicate you).

You'll quickly learn when you're close to clearing a floor, it's a time-saver to have someone go ahead and get to the runic thingamajiggy before you actually clear the floor, to save time running back.

Everyone needs sneak and invis for every run. Jobs that can't cast the white magic spells, and don't/won't use the ninjutsu spells, are gonna have to put some money in oils/powders. On some runs, I get through it without casting snk/invis once. On other runs, I go through 5-15 tools.

You're gonna have to decide how you wanna do lotting/farming. My own static has planned to stop at every boss floor, and farm it until we all have (at least) one drop, and then we keep climbing. We all picked a set we're going for, and a secondary set in case we get too much of one drop before we're done with a boss. I know some people do the whole if you can wear it, lot it thing, too.

Banned.

BG Level

Get a max mp setup

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The best advice i ever got for leading a Nyzul team was "Remember, you will not beat every floor every time, so don't get too pissed off about it."

I'll tell you, leading your own team will be one of the most incredibly frustrating things you can do in this game, but also potentially the most rewarding. The advice above has kept me from going totally fucking ballistic during/after some of our runs.

Even if your team is 100% prepared, amazingly skilled, wonderfully geared, and working in 100% sync, some floors in Nyzul are just going to brutally fuck you and laugh as you bleed. As long as you can roll with it, you'll save yourself a lot of aggrivation.

Also, my static BRD always brings a Cleric's Drink with her to deal with Soulflayers and i love her for it.

I usually give priority to melee songs, and don't often cast ballad 1 on my mages unless there are a long string of NMs or I can see something coming up that's really going to put a strain on MP (always on bosses of course). Always have to be constantly running around and pulling.

Remember that NMs no matter what level they normally are always take a lot longer to kill than random mobs, and use that extra time to buff people. Minstrel's ring + gomlek/manteel help a ton.

Don't be afraid to take hits after pulling and buffing, spam sleeps, etc etc. It's basically like pulling in a merit party.

If you use windower / fillmode, it's fucking amazing in nyzul and makes it twenty thousand times easier.

As with a lot of leading, don't be afraid to bark out orders, but especially so in Nyzul when you have to tell people constantly where to go, where to turn, what direction from the rune, etc.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Everything aggros, even if it normally doesn't. Well, I'm not 100% certain as I don't do Nyzul often, but Wivres and Wamouracampa which are normally passive will aggro by sound in Nyzul.

Learn to love Distance plugin for pulling "Avoid Detection" gears. Learn to love Lullaby merits and Haste gear for keeping five "Do not Destroy" gears asleep while your party finishes the floor. Abandon all hope of ever seeing a good drop, especially on F100.

With the "avoid detection" gears it might save more time to just pull them and kill them since you won't get the penalty unless you get agroed by them.

sometimes on the lamp floors you will get true sight/sound mobs right near all the lamps so might want to make sure you team kills them fast. leave one player at each lamp you cleared untill last 2~ then the people helping you killed can backtrack to their lamps.

Make your group read this thread and anything else you can find too.

Silly Hat Connoisseur
    BG Level

Yeah as bard you will most likely be in control of directing people where to go. It helps if you have a good sense of direction so you can remember the way back to the portal! Make sure you keep one person in charge of directing or you'll get messed up pretty quick -- directing which way to go, which order for lamps, etc. When I did it, our bard went /NIN and basically organised everyone and it was pretty smooth most of the time.
    (We'd do normal floors BRD, RDM, WHM, SAM, SAM, THF, and boss floors BRD RDM WHM SAM THF NIN which was a pretty good setup.)

It helps to have some flee boots too if you're short on time and want to get back to the porter asap. Bring the usual meds, keep reraise up, and keep your wits about you.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

So >.> I noticed only one person mentioned using //fillmode 1 in nyzul isle, Shame on you people for not divulging your greatest secret!

Anyways, pull that shit like an burn party, objectives will become more and more apparent the more experience you get... as a brd you want to keep the pace going in nyzul isle because many melee's like to sit around or wander

I didn't mention it because //fillmode 1 with maximum drawdistance hurts my eyes.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Get Korin Obi. Permanent single light weather there.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

Quote Originally Posted by Vyerz
    So >.> I noticed only one person mentioned using //fillmode 1 in nyzul isle, Shame on you people for not divulging your greatest secret!

Anyways, pull that shit like an burn party, objectives will become more and more apparent the more experience you get... as a brd you want to keep the pace going in nyzul isle because many melee's like to sit around or wander
    I didn't mention it because I'm a prude and refuse to use it. My group is doing fine without it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire
    Get Korin Obi. Permanent single light weather there.
    Really? O.o

Not saying you're lying or anything, but I spent months up Nyzul, and I never noticed that.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

My advice for BRDs is to Finale the Ice Spikes off of soulflayers. Dark based Dispel won't work, but light based Finale works even from subbing BRD.