+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level

Down to the wire in Indiana: Next move for Clinton?

The results in Indiana are coming down to the wire after Clinton was declared winner by some of the press very early in the day. She was routed by 14 points in NC, which was a state she needed to do much better in to gain momentum. And it goes without saying she needed a win in IN just to stay par.

Right now it's very plausible that Obama could end up winning IN as the results coming in from Lake County are 3:1 in his favor. Even if he doesn't, Clinton's win will be very narrow and won't be gaining many delegates.

So what does this mean for Clinton and the Democratic Party?

Personally, I think she needs to stop now. This should be the straw that breaks the camel's back (or sprint that breaks the mare's ankles). The primary needs to end so that the Democratic campaign coffers can rebuild and to start putting some heat on McCain, who has been enjoying a media that hasn't given two shits about plenty of exploitable stories: wanting to expel Russia from G8, extremely hateful remarks from "spiritual advisers" he has received endorsements from or sought out (he sought out Falwell, ugh), use of racial slurs, and the ridiculous gas tax holiday (I'm omitting the 100 years thing because that's about the only thing the media has really grilled him over).

Hillary ran a pretty smart campaign, even though it grew increasingly detestable to me by adopting proven GOP strategy, and she's certainly a smart, capable woman, but this is time to cut the losses and make sure your party dominates in November, where there's a strong chance for a Dem president in addition to picking up even more seats in Congress (Dems picked up a couple special election seats recently too).

Discuss.

PS- I will rain down hellfire if this turns into a misogyny-fest of "I hate that dumb bitch, what a cunt"

Black Belt
    BG Level

Re: Down to the wire in Indiana: Next move for Clinton?

apparently Russert on NBC just said Hillary canceled all public appearances for tomorrow, but I can't confirm.

Ridill
    BG Level

Am I the only one that believes all these statistical votes mean absolutely shit and when the time comes all the guesses wont mean anything? hell.. votes dont even mean anything anymore. fuck super delegates.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I hate that 'bread and circus' offering, underhanded, disingenuous termagent, what a pandering votewhore.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I'll say this much, she put in a damn good(?) effort, but the fact is that she's run out of arguments. She's already argued pledged delegates, popular vote, superdelegates, etc as all being categories she's "strong" in, but she's behind in all but one of them <supers> and about to lose that lead as well.

The good run in NC for obama, combined with clinton BARELY (as of this post) winning indiana demonstrates that she's failed to capitalize on a month which, for lack of a better term, made obama look like trash.

She may keep going since she'll probably win the next state, but the media coverage I've been watching is basically saying flat-out that she's finished.

---

If Russert said that, I missed it because OMG emergency test system.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Souj
    Am I the only one that believes all these statistical votes mean absolutely shit and when the time comes all the guesses wont mean anything? hell.. votes dont even mean anything anymore. fuck super delegates.
    these are the actual precinct reports coming in, and Obama's been catching up in superdelegates as well. it's getting to the point where Obama could deal with flat out giving Hillary Michigan and Florida and still being the likely winner by the time the convention rolls around.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Hillary plans to huddle with undecided super delegates tomorrow; gauging if she can go on

That's off Drudge. I find it hard to believe she'll give up though.

Black Belt
    BG Level

now 65-35 Obama with 56% reporting in Lake county.

gonna be reallyfuckingclose.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I hope that Hillary stays in the race until the end, splintering the Democratic party. Soon after, the over-confident Republicans lose control of their ultra-conservative groups, splintering the Republican party. Moderates bleed from both, in the wake, a half-dozen small political parties crop up insuring that no one group can become all-powerful and preventing the Imperially powerful President that we have seen in the last 7 years.

A man can dream...

Im turning off the news for a while. Can someone tell me who wins the Presidency in a few months?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I think it's kinda funny that 30% of the Republican voters are still voting against McCain even though he has the nomination wrapped up. If the Democrats can't win the presidency this year they can't ever win it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

If the Democrats can't win the presidency this year, I'm registering Libertarian.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    If the Democrats can't win the presidency this year, I'm registering Libertarian.
    I was gonna go with "move to Canada"

Black Belt
    BG Level

fuck fuck fuck hillary closed the gap in lake.

goddamit.

Old Merits
    BG Level

So many things- first, Republicans are voting against McCain *because* he has it wrapped up. It's a token vote on a principle. It's easy to take a stand when there are no consequences for it. Lots of republicans are also switching over- tons voted on the democrat side in Indiana, with a majority for Clinton because they want to keep her in the race just to watch them destroy each other. While McCain sits back and raises money for the presidential bid, Clinton is bankrupting herself just trying to get the nomination.

Secondly, the electability thing just irks me. If she's so fucking electable WHY ISN'T SHE BEING ELECTED!? "oh I'd be so electable if people would just start voting for me!" WTF honestly. I hate that.

I really believe that the US needs at the least a moderate centrist in office, if not a democrat. There is a certain balance of things, and every so often it sways one way and then it's supposed to swing back. The problem is that the democratic party has been such a miserable fuckup since clinton won his second term and the republicans have been pretty motivated and unified. If the democrats and liberals could get over their fucking pet issues for a few minutes and look at the big picture of things they'd have wrapped this up already and moved on. But Hilary and her ego won't let it slide.

You know what I think will be fucking hilarious?
    The democrats, after pissing and moaning about counting every vote in 2000, do so against their own rules and lump in Florida and Michigan, which makes the delegate count very close. SUperdelagates put Clinton over the top. Every independent, undecided, young, etc voter out there feels fucking PISSED that although they elected one guy, the powers that be took that away and gave them something else. Black voters especially feel disenfranchised. Millions of democrats either vote McCain, Nader, or don't bother voting at all. The democrat base is fractured. McCain wins handily.

And then the democrats who spent 8 fucking years whining about elections being stolen get to sit back and try to think of a way to blame the republicans but they can't because they fucking did it to themselves by botching their own primary system.

I think it would suck for the country but I have to admit I'd pay a dollar to see that fiasco.

Hilary can barely raise money. She's virtually mathematically eliminated. She's hoping that superdelegates override the vote which is AMAZINGLY ironic considering she's pushing for the michigan and florida vote to count because we should count every vote...and then ignore the result and do something else because the few people at the top said so. All she's doing right now is making it really hard for McCain to lose the presidency. But I don't see her quitting because she's fucking psycho. I hate her and I think she's a sack of shit, and that has nothing to do with her having a vagina.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Clinton drops out of the race. GG.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm just glad we don't have another John kerry. I mean, what the hell happened that we made HIM the nominee in 2004?

Seriously, why did that happen? I mean, after 3 primaries we were stuck with that douche and here it is may and theres no divisor apparent between Hillary and Obama.

I honestly hope she stops soon though, she has to pretty much blow (By blow, I mean with her mouth. *) the remaining states in order to win.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Beckwin
    Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    I was gonna go with "move to Canada"
    See, my way I get to annoy everyone talking about how much better my candidate is even though nobody else has ever heard of him, and then blame everyone else for making a mess of things by not voting for him. Also, milk in bags, etc.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If they would just do the smart thing and remove the Michigan and Florida reps Obama would win and they could get started. For Hillary to even suggest that they should count Michigan is retarded since she went to them and said "look can you only put my name on the ballot so if it comes down to the wire I can steal this thing?". Here in FL I know plenty of Dems who didn't vote since we were told it didn't matter. Hillary whiney slut needs to do the right thing and drop out.

While watching the news this am my wife saw Hillary make the comment about how she won and was still in it. My wifes comment was great, "Yes Hillary but when Barrack wins they can announce it at 8 PM since but when you win it is so close they can't say anything until 8 AM". That fact alone should be enough for Hillary to realize that it is over. She can try to be the first bitch in office again in 8 years.

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Next move for Clinton? Hopefully a tall tree and a short rope. Twat needs to drop out and just conceed that she's not the better person for the job.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast