+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Adobe After Effects books help

anyone has any suggested books for me to read it up and learn? I'm planning to get something like Adobe After Effects CS3 Professional Classroom in a Book or some sort of Adobe After Effects CS3 Professional Studio Techniques .

just assume that I had to learned it from sketch, even thought I know how to use the premiere pro. And I want to learn till some advance lvl by myself.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Re: Adobe After Effects books help

Only one I have experience with is Classroom in a Book for 5.5, which was part of my multimedia coursework in college. Any of those Adobe-published books were always nice to step by step guide you through common project types, but if you already know the program somewhat you might just want to make up projects to challenge yourself with.
    Assuming the current version of the book is similar, I'd say it's a decent place to start, if you're not in tune with what After Effects does.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I will pick the classroom first then, andn maybe getting advance tutorial when I'm more familiar with AE. i'm just play around the AE cs3 I got just now, the first impression to me is that it has lots of different that the premiere pro, althoght there is still some similarity between them.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

the first impression to me is that it has lots of different that the premiere pro, althoght there is still some similarity between them.
    After Effects and Premiere have very different purposes, so of course AE will seem a bit different. AE is for compositing/motion graphics, Premiere is an editor. Similarities are really due to both being Adobe apps, and ones made to work well together.

Whether you use a book or not, make sure to check out www.videocopilot.net and go to the tutorials. Andrew Kramer does some really great stuff with AE.

Also, creativecow.net is pretty useful for info on all forms of graphic programs/related media.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moosey
    Whether you use a book or not, make sure to check out http://www.videocopilot.net and go to the tutorials. Andrew Kramer does some really great stuff with AE.

Also, creativecow.net is pretty useful for info on all forms of graphic programs/related media.
    I have go the creativecow.net to check some of them before. But the flash tutorial to so fucking long to show step by step and I give up to be patient lol.

I'm gonna go to videocopilot to give a look.

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

You should check out Lynda.com. It's a good place for videos of all adobe programs. You can actually find a lot of their tutorial packages on torrent sites.

Such as this one right here.