Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lowest number Kirin Kill?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Merits
    BG Level

Lowest number Kirin Kill?

Just wondering after fighting this bastard for several hours now, what's the lowest number Kirin kill so far?

Re: Lowest number Kirin Kill?

I don't think people have cared to try, I really don't think anybody wants to do an 8 hour kirin just to be able to say they low manned it. I would think the bare minimum would be 8, 7 if you have a extremely experienced rdm kiter for the start, but imo you would be better off with 8 having a pld or nin kite with rdm support. All you really need to do is be able to knock off the guards before another respawns, I personally think the lowest you could possibly do would be: rdm/nin, brd, rdm/whm, sam, sam, rng, war/nin tank, imo byakko would be the only real trouble, followed by staying awake long enough to actually kill Kirin.

I'd stay longer to type out a strat but I've gotta gtfo for school.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I don't think it's possible to kill the minis that quickly with that few people, especially when you consider their 2 hours.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

We managed to take it from 100-39% with 10(maybe 12? I was dualboxing) people.. took us forever, we had to wipe on the mini gods and sack pull Kirin every 2 and a half minutes <.<, lost 15k exp that night... anyways if the whm wasn't moving in to cure someone and the pld hadn't been hit with great whirlwind like 3 seconds before astral flow wouldn't have wiped them and we could've recovered ; ;. another ls who just got there took it from us :/
    anyways point is.. Sure you can take him with a low amount of people, but really.. don't do it unless you wanna lose mass amounts of exp and spend at least 2-3 hours kiting him.

New Merits
    BG Level

We fought 2 kirin.

The first we had 18 for and it went smoothly. We don't straight tp burn it as we don't have all the jobs really necessary. We kite it till the minis are dead and then straight tank it to death. It's not so bad, 30-45 minutes to kill.

The problem came on the second. We lost a RDM and our Feint, and let someone else do the kiting. Right off the bat, while facing the first Mini, Byakko, Kirin runs over to us fighting it and we get hit with Stonega IV > Banishga IIII > Claw Cyclone all in a 3 second time span.

After that, our other RDM left, our NIN left, and a PLD/NIN, BRD/WHM, WAR/NIN, and SAM/WAR fell asleep while we were clearing the minis/feeding.

So we basically killed kirin with 10, and 2-3 others that kept falling asleep.

PLD/NIN, WHM/BLM, WHM/BLM, RDM/DRK, BRD/WHM, BLM/RDM, WAR/SAM, WAR/SAM, SAM/WAR, DRG/SAM, DRG/SAM did pretty much all the work.

We ended up running it out of MP and eating a few Astral Flow, but we killed it finally and got Shining Cloth and D.Body for our MNK.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Just Tp burn it in under 7mins before he can even Summon or Astral FLow. F hours on end fighting it.

Not everyone has access to enough people to TP burn it whenever they want. Personally I'm interested in looking into a strat for 6-10 people so me and my friends can kill Kirin.

Thanks Aurik, not a ton of detail there but I can work with it.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

My LS used to lowman it all the time, not because of wanting to do something unique, but because of lack of numbers, we eventually go very... very good at it (One, maybe two wipes in over three years).

SMN help a lot with high DoT without tearing hate away from tank.
    RNG work wonderous damage, DoT and WS. Shadowbind also works wonders.
    BLM+RDM+BRD of course.

Good setup is Tank PT: RDM WHM PLD

Damage PT: BRD RDM RNG RNG SMN BLM

You can change jobs around as you like, or add/remove jobs also. It all comes down to working together and being able to read movements and techniques. If your team can understand what to do without having to tell them (I.E. Shadowbind Seiryu 2hr), then you're almost there.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Regen is insanely strong and often underestimated/forgotten. Don't attempt with less than 8 or you will be sitting at your computer/TV for a loooooooooooooooong time. More time than it is worth, I'm sure.