FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Jailer of Fortitude

Search has the AIDS lately it seems

Anyways, is this duoable by either PLD + BLU or NIN + BLU? Or if it isn't, what is a winning combo for 2-3 people? Chips are easy enough to get and I'm bored.

Any strat or info would be nice, only done it with ally of BLMs.

Re: Jailer of Fortitude

As long as you can seperate him from his ghrah adds, you can probably just kite it on PLD while she uses Disseverment poison and occasional heat breaths or other BLU nukes. If you both have Wyrmal legs, it would be a whole lot easier.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Only I have W. Legs, she just got sea, have to friggin do the mission to get her inside still, just planning.

How do I go about separating the adds? It's been months and months since I've done fortitude, explicit instructions would probably be best for my retardness >< if you don't mind.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir
    Only I have W. Legs, she just got sea, have to friggin do the mission to get her inside still, just planning.

How do I go about separating the adds? It's been months and months since I've done fortitude, explicit instructions would probably be best for my retardness >< if you don't mind.
    I would think pop in separate parties(this part may not be neccesary), have her do something to get the adds(wondering if Regurgitation could bind them) then head for a teleporter, you claim Fort and bring him to one of the circular rooms and kite there til she can make it back to you.

I've only done the separating w/ RDM using Chainspell + Gravity, not sure how well BLU can do it, and if they can make it to the teleport and back safely, W.Legs go a long way for this.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir

Disclaimer: never done it before, this is based on what I remember from the BLM and COR solo strategies.

Two ways I've heard of doing it. If you kite Fort far enough, they'll stop chasing you. Other way is to go up a portal so you lose aggro on all 3, and if you grab Fort when he's far enough away from the Ghrahs, they won't link. Then you'll have to get him to one of the square rooms and lose the aggro you accumulate along the way as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Any first-hand confirmation on these would be great, but sounds not too bad.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Toshi Prower
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ive duo'd this with Havok like 4 times now (well once it was a trio with Rosen) and as long as you can seperate the ghrah you're set with kiting it. HOWEVER If you did this with just Caiti it would take a long ass time, and the only way you'd get hate is from it smacking her around and then you cure her back up. I dont really think that BLU/PLD combo could kill it with what you two have available at the moment.

Thats imo

If sea is empty, pop and zone fortitude with cuisses. Casting will slow down the ghrahs, when you zone she can claim it and use power boots to drag it toward a different tower from the one popped in. Make sure she is out of party when you pop, you can reparty after pull. I've done this personally, though I was dualboxing NIN and RDM(Did original zone on RDM with cuisses(I could not reliably stick gravity with my enfeebling skill at the time, so didn't bother on ghrahs), pulled to room on NIN) and occasionally you need to zone twice to get enough distance. If you use powder boots or run too fast when zoning, ghrahs may not fall enough behind. Obviously it's better to gravity the ghrahs with chainspell and zone to guarantee enough distance(which is what I did the last time I helped with it), but it's very doable without. Once it is in the room, it's a very straightforward laughable fight, it will just take forever with pld and blu.. consider fulltiming anything you can for mp regen and throwing holies for damage if your divine is capped.

Edit: Honestly, I think PLD could solo it over a long enough time using just holy for damage and wearing refresh gear. It's been done by a COR with quick draw... it's just retardedly inefficient.

Nah, if you wanna take the time to just solely disseverment DoT it to death, hate shouldn't be a huge problem.

Seperating the ghrahs, seperate parties recommended on pop because in each form (bird, spider, ball) they have different fucked up hate patterns based on who's in the party. Person who pops has claim on Fort, so the other would have to be able to get claim on both adds, and basically just get them as far apart from eachother as possible. I've never done it with Fort adds, but it should work the same as QN'aerns, where if you zone and they're too far away from Fort, they'll just go back to spawn point and despawn.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I have ares body and parade, so I'll be getting the best refresh I can, maybe I can holy here or there.

Plan from what people said on IRC, and seemed good to me is to go PLD/NIN and BLU/BLM, pop ES + Mysterious light when we pop (will get grahs, JoF is immune) and run him to zone, from there just kite with diss. poison + ES cold wave when it's up and the occassional mind blast.

@toshi, I'm really not worried about hate, as it's really easy from what I remember to take some corners tight, get some room on him then pop sentinel > c3 macro > rampart > flash every 4 minutes, and C3 macro as often as I want when I'm about 16' or more from him.

Honestly I'm more concerned about doing 8-1 and 8-2 than I am about the actual fight now, seems really fucking easy, but fuck those missions, fuck them dead.

If anyone sees any glaring errors with this, feel free to point them out, going to try it out asap

8-1: BLM + any job with decent solo ability (37 blm or /37blm works if you have it Sath) : Person needing mission pops and stands still a second, BLM does ES sleepga outside of party and logs. After they log, person needing mission just holds mob until others despawn then kills it.

8-2: Most any /nin DD + RDM can duo(Preferred the DD is elvaan/galka for -ga 3, but doable with hume/cat).. sleep spam otw up to save time(and less people means less waiting around to deal with bullshit).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Oh no shit huh? Can just sleepga the group -> log and only kill 1 at each tower? My amazing 37 BLM sub will finally be useful. Pretty useful info, even if it is a piss-ass easy, albeit annoying, mission. I hate the 8 series

Yea, I guess I'm assuming a bit though. Every time I've done it the job has native enfeebling skill, and cue elemental seal thread I made a couple weeks back.. but for what it's worth I've never had a problem using the gimp blm mule mentioned before(180ish enfeeb skill, no gear for it). Just for reference, the one that'll pop claimed(since outside pt you'll hit other 2) is WAR at south tower(i think), PLD at east tower, DRK at west tower.. so you don't even need to deal with any nasty 2-hours.

lol, yeah those missions are really easy the second time around (8-2 especially if you have the map).

anyways, the above strat you posted sath sounds perfect to me.

If you want to speed up the kill, Regurgitation is an insanely small amount of hate for modest damage. Someone pointed this out in the BLU thread, actually regarding a JoF duo, and later I played with it some on puddings and it seems to have small fixed hate, or hate-reset or something like that going on with it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Havok Stormblood
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Ferien
    f you kite Fort far enough, they'll stop chasing you.
    I wish.

You two can probably duo Sath, but expect it to take quite a while...over an hour definitely. I'd make Caiti bring like 10+ yagudo drinks lol. BLU uses up MP incredibly fast when casting nukes+disseverment+magic fruit etc.

I've seperated them on BLU plenty of times, it's just a matter of the grah being far enough away when you zone Fort (they all move back to pop spot at the same speed). The balls fall behind by stopping to cast the longer spells on you. Sometimes they just won't cast though...so you end up running around zoning it 20 times until you get it. I haven't tried mysterious light on them yet honestly...it might work idk

If Caiti gets a torque drop before me I'm going to fucking shoot myself btw.

edit: cold wave sticks just fine without ES, with aquilo's at least. And regurgitation is definitely better than mind blast on this. I don't even use cold wave on fort anymore, the total dmg it does isn't much for the mp cost.
    And I'm glad to get some confirmation about my regurgitation having funky hate shit, heh.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny
    Yea, I guess I'm assuming a bit though. Every time I've done it the job has native enfeebling skill, and cue elemental seal thread I made a couple weeks back.. but for what it's worth I've never had a problem using the gimp blm mule mentioned before(180ish enfeeb skill, no gear for it). Just for reference, the one that'll pop claimed(since outside pt you'll hit other 2) is WAR at south tower(i think), PLD at east tower, DRK at west tower.. so you don't even need to deal with any nasty 2-hours.
    Just to confirm, in case anybody else cares, just did this as NIN75/BLM37 and BLU/NIN and it worked fine, so that's all you need.

time to kill?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Meant for the 8-1 NMs, since the guy wasn't sure how /blm would do on it, but it works fine. Probably doing 8-2 and farming chips tonight, I'll get back at you with JoF time within a day or two.

/learnstoread