Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Summoner oddity, anyone else seen this?

Guys,

I experienced an oddity while trying to solo last night on SMN. I wanted to see if anyone else has noticed issues with SMN lately (like since the last patch).

I've been leveling RDM recently and just hit 50 last weekend. So, I opened the AF quests and started to grind through them solo. Last night I decided to go pop and kill Guardian Statue for the chapeau.

So, I went to Garlaige Shitadel and popped him, and everything was going fine. He's a little meatier than I remembered, so I knew I was going to have to conserve/regain some MP sometime during the fight. When he was at about 50%, I started using Carbuncle instead of Fenrir. I know about the hate issues caused by using pacts then switching to Carby kiting of course, so I was cautious and used the entire square right past the first Banishing Gate to kite him around. This gave me enough time to even summon an elemental and use Siphon.

Once I was good on MP again, I got Fenrir back out to finish the fight. Knowing that using a pact could cause the statue to turn to me, I stood right next to both the statue and Fenrir before using Eclipse Bite. I was right, the statue did turn to attack me, but the weird thing happened next.

Fenrir just froze in place. The pact never went off, the statue -did not- use any TP moves, or anything. Fenrir just froze in place and didn't even turn to face the statue as it began beating on me. I ran off, trying to see if Fenrir would follow, but he did not. He just froze in place til the statue killed me.

I've been a 75 SMN since mid 2004, and I'm not a moron ... the statue did not use Kartstrahl and it did not move out of range of the pact. I just randomly lost it for no reason when Fenrir froze.

Anyone else seen anything like this? I seem to randomly lose pacts doing other things too, since the March update.

perplexing perpetrator of in perpetuity
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Re: Summoner oddity, anyone else seen this?

same thing happened to me with Titan the other day in sky.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

SMN is not one of my most commonly used jobs, but since you've said you accounted for the obvious reasons this would happen then no I've never seen this.

Funny you should mention this though, because I was fighting Khimaira in mid-April on SMN and I had one of my BPs not go off and thought it was odd since I had plenty of MP and Khim never moved. I thought it was just due to that stun AoE move going off (which it very well still could be from) but I didn't recall seeing the animation from one...now my placebo-meter is running rampant! XD

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

It's happened to me quite often before, my MP was plentiful each time, and it had nothing to do with being out of range. The avatar just stands/floats there and nothing happens, and you still lose MP/BPtimer.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Same for me, but this is the first time my avatar has ever frozen in position and just let me die. It was like Fenrir was slept, but he wasn't. :-/

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Kartstrahl: Single-target damage and Sleep, sleep ignores Utsusemi.

Considering *IIRC* that sleep is lightbased..... could be possible he was put to sleep. just a thought.

as a smn. yes i've noticed that glitch too but one thing I do notice is when doing a Bloodpact the avatars does skip a little moving and it could be enough to put the distance between the mob and avatar far enough where the BP doesn't go through.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Fadian of Fairy

Considering *IIRC* that sleep is lightbased..... could be possible he was put to sleep. just a thought.

as a smn. yes i've noticed that glitch too but one thing I do notice is when doing a Bloodpact the avatars does skip a little moving and it could be enough to put the distance between the mob and avatar far enough where the BP doesn't go through.
    I suggest you read the OP.
    If you read it, read it again.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic

Yeah it would be impossible for the OP to be mistaken right? Not like he could be could be wrong, or full of shit, he started a topic on BG after all, and used bold letters to emphasize this point!

In all likely hood, it used kartstrahl, you missed it, and/or it didn't show up in the chatlog due to filters/distance/lag/whatever. The animations for TP moves will not show up past certain distances either. I've never heard of any summons/pets freezing in place bug, but all of a sudden it happens on a mob with a single target sleep tp move when said pet had aggro? Come on.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Who gives a crap whether he missed it. That's not what's being asked anyways. If there's no one else who has been having this issue then it's either he missed something or it's a very rare glitch. If people have actually been having the same issue then he'll find out that it is a current problem.

That's pretty much what the newbie forums are for.

they also have the sucky blu mage spell that stuns the target. the fact that your pet didn't move and it still consumed MP leads me to believe this was not the problem, but it seems worth at least mentioning as a possibility.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan

Yeah it would be impossible for the OP to be mistaken right? Not like he could be could be wrong, or full of shit, he started a topic on BG after all, and used bold letters to emphasize this point!

In all likely hood, it used kartstrahl, you missed it, and/or it didn't show up in the chatlog due to filters/distance/lag/whatever. The animations for TP moves will not show up past certain distances either. I've never heard of any summons/pets freezing in place bug, but all of a sudden it happens on a mob with a single target sleep tp move when said pet had aggro? Come on.
    Let me help you out here. It did NOT use a TP move, I was standing right next to it. My pet didn't have hate, I took hate when I used the pact, but since I was standing right next to the mob, it didn't have to move to hit me and thus was in range of the pact. I saw the little red charge-up line graphics that surround your avatar when you use a pact, but it didn't go off, it just froze in place.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I've been having a problem with "Retreat". Avatars won't hang back if this JA is used. They move to attack aggressive targets regardless of the command.

Quote Originally Posted by Linktri
    I've been having a problem with "Retreat". Avatars won't hang back if this JA is used. They move to attack aggressive targets regardless of the command.
    Two possibilities:

1) The act of using Retreat gets you enough hate so that the mob turns to you. The avatar auto-attacks the mob that attacks you
    2) You have so much hate that avatar just can't compete and auto-attacks the mob that attacks you.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I THINK that happened to me once, but I didnt activate a BP. I was soloing Ose for a buddy, summoned Fenrir and he came out and jsut froze. Did a 2 count, desummoned and got a spirit out before I got eaten. Its the only time thats every really happened to me that comes to mind immediately.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I've had it happen to me a few times with carby. I think it's just a rare glitch. I used to solo bombs in ulegrande for xp in the tunnels. Maybe two or three times with a bomb that didn't want to blow up I would summon carby, and he would just stand there. The bomb would come up and hit me cause I had gained enough hate since it took so long to kill, and smack me to death without carby doing anything.

I remember telling my friend about this who had told me about the camp to begin with, and I remember him saying it's happened to him too. Gotta be a glitch imo.

This happens to me also, not on the job SMN but BST. I have 125%+ TP, use "Sic" and the pet does nothing timer pops up TP stays. This is against monsters that have no stun/sleep/any debilitating moves that would prevent the Sic command from going off and the monster is NOT moving or any other sort of action will be going on. Something is bugged with the system which I doubt SE will ever admit, or ever fix.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

The Sic bug isn't nearly rare enough, but at least our pet doesn't stop attacking altogether.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I can't honestly say I've ever had this happen to me. Very strange indeed, though.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've had that happen a few times before. Avatar just sits there like a retard then dies.

Also that "retreat bug" is really annoying too. I dont know if it's a bug or just AI behavior but I never use retreat because of it. It usually ignore me when I do it and keeps attacking or running after the mob if I just summoned it.