Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Preview of Adjustments for June Ver. Upd. (Pt1) (05/13/2008)

Source

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../3159/3159.jpg
    Comfortable, fuss-free adventuring for all players is one of our biggest priorities. That is why for the next version update, we will be introducing some changes intended to make Vana'dielian living that much more convenient. For this Topics, we will take a look at changes to synthesis, armor storage, and furnishings.

Synthesis

Our fans often describe HQ item synthesis as a fulfilling yet occasionally frustrating process. Taking such voices to heart, following lengthy deliberation, the developers have decided to add new synthesis enhancement items as the reward for guild contract quests. While using these items, you will not be able to create an HQ item, but you will receive an overall success rate bonus for synthesis.

The positive effects of these items are expected to span beyond merely improving your success rate in synthesis. The raising of synthesis skills should become that much more enjoyable an experience, and certain items should become more affordable than before.

These synthesis enhancement items are a must-have for masters and apprentices alike!

Armor Storage

The release of the Wings of the Goddess expansion saw the addition of several new sets of armor. To accommodate this increase, the following armor sets will become storable by talking to specific NPCs:

Pahluwan / Yigit / Amir

Furnishings

Since it became possible to invite friends over to your Mog House, we've been seeing more and more adventurers taking an active interest in their furnishings in a friendly contest of affluence with neighbors. Amidst this recent trend, it has come to our attention that the function of some furnishings was not proportional to cost, resulting in them being largely ignored by players.

To rectify this issue, and ultimately improve the living standard for adventurers, a number of furnishings will receive adjustments to attributes such as storage capacity and effects. Detailed information on these changes will be announced upon the release of the next version update.
    EDIT: Updated text to the clarifying ninja-edit SE did.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Re: Preview of Adjustments for June Ver. Upd. (Pt1) (05/13/2008)

Damn it, time to get more GP.

Will this finally herald in Tier1 Blessed Mitts...

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Damn, my excuse for not getting full yigit is falling apart.

Entered the update notice hoping to see that we can now store upgraded relic armor sets only to be dissapointed. Sure its nice to be able to store Yigit/Amir/Pahluwan sets but they really need to add a LOT more options.

Adjustment to storage capacity of furniture will be largely irrelevant, unless mannequins give a storage capacity of 10 or something.

Lets see if prices of HQ equipment really will decrease (I doubt it).

Relic Horn
    BG Level

EDIT: Well it seems the update will bring items that improve success at the cost of NOT being able to HQ at all. The English update announcement was a bad translation it seems.

Angry comment because of bad english translation below:

WTF - I mean... yeah.... wtf.... time to water down the game even more? Aren´t rare HQ items supposed to be... well RARE?....

This seems like SE didnt understand that if you give more to a crying child it will not be satisfied - it will just demand even more. Time to sell all my HQ synthable stuff like snipers+1

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Onyxium Asurai
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Edit: Stupid Engrish translators...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Wow, part one of the previews are usually weaksauce, this actually isn't too bad at all.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    E'jusana Rhea
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Damn it, time to get more GP.
    and
    Damn, my excuse for not getting full yigit is falling apart.
    Pretty much summed up my thoughts lol.

Can't wait to find out about the synthesis and funishings though. i love my 80 storage but god damn fishing item enhancement is pissing me off and i dont have the money to get more expensive stuff

terraflarex

Sonic Belt +1?

Black Belt
    BG Level

So fucking glad I passed on buying the Dusk Gloves +1...

Can't wait to find out about the synthesis and funishings though. i love my 80 storage but god damn fishing item enhancement is pissing me off and i dont have the money to get more expensive stuff
    They fixed that last update, it's called bahuts.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by terraflarex
    Sonic Belt +1?
    I start to wish that murder was legal every time I see one...

Meh, I'll pass on 250k GP for a mere +1, which is likely gonna be the case. I'm still disappointed with Moglification on the whole. Though, if it turns it something like HQ crystals yielding a higher HQ chance instead, then sure, that'd be more reasonable. The whole item rarity thing only affects those who thrive on the epeen, and it's not like a lot of the best gear isn't R/E anyway. Crafting's needed a bone for a while, and I guess this is a step in the right direction.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Welcome to Crafting!

Where all your dreams to fund a relic with your own money just died! Hope you like wearing your own signed HQ gear!

I'm not against this, but for the people who recently leveled a craft to 100, and have not even made back all the money they spent, nor made their own fortune from it...well...it's going to suck. Oh well, time to make myself a Cerb +1

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong
    So fucking glad I passed on buying the Dusk Gloves +1...

They fixed that last update, it's called bahuts.
    those look hideous.. (tho im still using them atm)

i hope the new furnishing adjustments are good.. I'd like to return to my mini-bar moghouse layout and be able to get more space at the same time..

SE also needs to add things to furnishing like chairs and barstools.. not that we can use them.. but its just weird not to have them

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

French version of the text :

Synthèse

"Un coup de bol... qui n'en est pas un."
    Nous avons longuement réfléchi sur les HQ du système de synthèse, et avons décidé de permettre aux artisans de Vana'diel d'obtenir un nouvel objet grâce aux quêtes de leur guilde. En s'en équipant, il ne sera plus possible d'obtenir un produit de haute qualité (HQ), mais en contrepartie, les chances de réussite de la synthèse seront légèrement plus élevées.
    De cette façon, le prix de certains objets deviendra plus raisonnable, et les artisans pourront monter leurs compétences plus facilement.
    Nous espérons que les jeunes recrues comme les artisans chevronnés profiteront bien de ce nouvel objet !

I's slightly different than English one, because it clearly states "While equiping it [the guild object], it will no longer be possible to obtain a High Quality (HQ) item, but on the othe side, chances of success will be slightly improved"

So, no HQ boost ; oh well don't bank on it, French translations on POL are known to get poorer than Babelfish level

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/1...livecomkg0.jpg

:S Not going to say crafting just died right away, they're not that stupid.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Hmm time to read the German translation !

Zur Synthese
    Wenn man dieses Item benutzt, ist es zwar nicht möglich, HQ-Versionen zu synthetisieren, dafür wird die Wahrscheinlichkeit eines Erfolgs während einer Synthese stark erhöht. Wir sind fest davon überzeugt, dass dadurch die Preise für viele Materialien billiger und das Hochleveln der Synthese-Fertigkeit leichter werden wird. Wir wünschen allen Neulingen auf dem Gebiet der Synthese genau wie all den Meistern dieser Kunst auch zukünftig viel Vergnügen damit.
    Translated:

If you use this item it sadly wont be possible to HQ but the successrate will be increased. We are sure the prices for many synthmatrials will fall and leveling to 100 will be made easier. We wish all crafting beginners good luck!

Lol.... time to kill the English translators? I guess that is a nice boost. Especially synths with no HQ like Imp Wootz Ingots

DAKPluto

Wow....between the lottery and this the gil is actually gonna be lower than the US Dollar...

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    E'jusana Rhea
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

lol, chances are if you are synthing something with "big" enough items to want to use this new item and not fail, you are most likely synthing it in the first place to try and HQ

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/1...livecomkg0.jpg

:S Not going to say crafting just died right away, they're not that stupid.
    They're not? Are you sure? In terms of crafting and player vs. item vs. crafter relations, need I remind you they're the same people who did the Panther mask +1 vs Walahra Turban with no notice? It's early so I can't think of any other examples, but in comparison to today's market what they did with that was eliminate one of LC's lifeblood synths.

Edit for the german translation: If that is really the case I'll love the shit out of it, synth behe hides > leather with 1 item, change out Moghance > synth dusk.

mmmm, see now THAT will be awesome.

Also "You want me to try for HQ or just success? Try for HQ is 50k, if HQ price is 5mil, no charge for NQ" Going to love that lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast