BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Re: Square Enix/May 2008 Inteview (SE avoids answers again)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Ok for specific questions, what ???s do you think should be changed to shorter repops? No, I'm not sure why they all can't have 1m repops either, but which specifically do you have problems with?

Also, can you think of any items that seem suspicious but haven't had any hidden effects on them?
    Repop Timer: Kirin is the main one that comes to mind.

Items with possible Hidden Effects: Glory Crown

Their response to question 1 is absolutely lame. They need to release the entire uneditted video to prove they didn't cheat.

4-5: "We know there's problems, but we don't care."

7: Glad to hear they're planning on lowering it as opposed to considering it. Hopefully they adjust CoP zones in addition to Northlands.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Question 1 for the next interview) If you can't answer any of our questions what's the point of having this interview? Is it to make you look like you care? Or just to shut us up for a bit with the delusions of getting some useful answers from you?

I think the questions were way too big and detailed. Sure, a novel of exposition helps pinpoint our concerns, but all that fat is trimmed off before getting to the developers.

They need everything as clear and concise as possible, especially since it went through the wringer twice, from English to Japanese and back.

It is a shame, considering bercus hard work and the hopes of so many players pinned to interviews like this, that the Q&A is ranked so low on their list of priorities. Even little things, like the appearance of AV being an “accident”, shows they could not properly convey everything, or did not take the effort to.

There is a survey going on for the questions to be answered in an upcoming issue of a JP online gaming magazine. I believe it comes out the end of June. Hopefully we will see some better info at that time.

A. Body
    BG Level

HOLY!

GRAIL!

New Odin
    BG Level

I'd have liked to replace the windower question with "How to make crafting better" and battlemusic with Q about SC/MB/BLMs in parties-problem. Oh well, I think the answers were still good for the most part

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I like that they underline that they will add new and more HNM. Fuck old content fixes - I want new scheisse to kill !

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeMoragan
    :/ Well, what can we do? @_@

Could go ZAM and try to get everyone to "sign a petition to fix kings and make AV defeatable" and go nowhere or we can just get on with our lives and accept sea sucks for the most part and AV is unbeatable. Put time into other crap @_@ I guess.
    Or take the reaffirmation that AV is killable and try to figure out what went wrong. Yes, people have been trying so hard for so long and yes, it was poorly designed in many ways, but that doesn't mean it's unbeatable. Hell, most LSes haven't even tried any new ideas since the video has come out and instead thought 'someone else will do it.'

:/

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko
    4-5: "We know there's problems, but we don't care."
    I was disappointed with the answer too, but I also think the question was less than optimally worded. What riles many players about the current kings/3 day repop HNM situation is not so much the rarity of drops per se but the unfair distribution of opportunity.

The question summarized the problem very well: botters monopolize kings, people with unlimited play time monopolize the 3 day repop HNMs, and most players can't compete with that. But then it suggests an illogical remedy: increase drop rates and/or respawn timers, which would just mean more rewards for existing monopolizers. I can't blame SE for rejecting those proposals.

I do blame them for not being constructive and failing to offer effective solutions for the existing problem. There are any number of ways in which HNM claims could be made fair without making the drops more commonplace. Make HNMs force pop with items that only rarely drop from instanced battlefields. Make it impossible to fight an HNM without having a key item that is lost the instant you are on the hate list and can only be reobtained every X {insert suitable time period} from an NPC. Allow anyone to initiate claiming actions for 10 seconds after which the server awards the claim to a random level 75 char.

There's any number of possible fixes, and they've been discussed in these forums for a very long time (and probably submitted through POL Comments and Suggestions in great numbers). It's sad that SE continues to play dumb and frame the issue purely in terms of existing drop rates vs. higher drop rates, when it's really about equality of opportunity.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

lol @ that interview, they still don't have a clue.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

In response to the request, the following adjustments will be made:
    When a player changes nationality, access to previous outposts will be saved. In a new nation, a player will have to start out from scratch. However, previous records are retrieved upon return to the nation of origin and the player can then re-access saved outposts.
    Well....yay. At least I can get Rank 10 in the other nations then go back to Bastok for my ronfaure and sarat[tab] OP's.

As for the rest....well, at least the games been getting more fun the last year. We should totally start a betting pool for when AV will be given out since no one's gonna be beating it anytime soon.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Nah I am not pissed . I honestly just got online cause I was busy before >.<.
    And I am honestly not so depressed about the Interview. It could have been worse and then there is still the next
    Games Convention .

In response to the request, the following adjustments will be made:
    When a player changes nationality, access to previous outposts will be saved. In a new nation, a player will have to start out from scratch. However, previous records are retrieved upon return to the nation of origin and the player can then re-access saved outposts.
    This and dynamis glasses getting cheaper is like the only worthwhile thing in the whole interview.

Einherjar adjustments are really a toss up to see if they really do anything about it. Pretty barebone interview as a whole. /sigh

EDIT:

Answer:
    Although the exact details are confidential, we can at least tell you that there are a few adjustments for Einherjar that have been taken into consideration. We would like to maintain the principle of obviously tough and hard battles in the content. We’re planning a number of adjustments in order for the player to get more rewards than at the present time.
    OMFG PUP RELIC!

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer the Pointy
    I think the questions were way too big and detailed. Sure, a novel of exposition helps pinpoint our concerns, but all that fat is trimmed off before getting to the developers.
    Well without more details to the questions they often don´t know what we mean. Example is the question mark repop. Basically it is all kinda stuff that is being fought without being monopolised, like Gods, Kirin, those damn Gnat ??? in WotG ect.
    I should have mentioned a few there so they know what exactly we talk about and why it is a problem to stand around for 2-3 hours at some Events waiting for repops.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

SE just loves to prove they are an inferior company when it comes to consumer relations don't they?

If anything, this makes me want to go play WoW, if only for the knowlage that my oppinion is valued there...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Einheijar and Dynamis changes are something to look foward to but once again its seems an issue of do what we tell u not do what we need u to.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

The question about specific ??? mobs that get congested... Every single one of them at one point or another.

A linkshell doesn't run out to Bomb Queen to do one ring, they run out to do 5, 6, or 10 of them. You don't do O-hats in groups of 1 if you aren't Bst/Smn killing them. Saying you want to do it on a case by case basis is essentially ignoring the problem completely.

I can see why people don't want to discuss the answers. The answers are evasive and in most cases completely insufficient.

i have to say ffwiki calling it an "exclusive interview" is pretty lol to me. The questions werent that bad except for the windower one, shoulda seen that one coming, the answers are what we shoulda expected from SE tbh. If you ask me instead of battle music or windower I woulda asked if there are any plans to make it possible to seek on mutiple jobs in the future, cause idk about anyone else but imo that would make this game a few more times enjoyable, either way thanks for the interview bercus despite the somewhat lackluster answers im sure we'll still get some luls and goodtimes out of this thread

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Not as good as I was expecting but some answers are good, thanks Bercus

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Nice interview, thanks for making it. Too bad answers are crummy & evasive. To me outposts is the clear winner together with the possible changes to einherjar and dynamis.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast