Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Re: Square Enix/May 2008 Inteview (SE avoids answers again)

Well, the way I see it:

Positives:
    >Einherjar Reward Adjustment? Potentially More Ampoules / Higher % Of Abjuration Dorp? Retainibility of Feathers?
    >Dynamis Cost Adjustment, Drop Rate Adjustment (higher...hopefully)
    >New WOTG HNMs, Possibly New 'Powerful' Weapons

Negatives:
    >AV Question Dodged
    >HNM Question Dodged
    >??? Question Dodged (Kind Of)

Overall, I think it was a rather good response from SE. If you look carefully to what they said about AV, it merely mentions they, "Cannot give any more clues at this stage." So...myself being optimistic I will hope that upon realizing their 'hint' was possibly the largest waste of a 3minute video clip will come sometime over the summer and they'll give more on AV. The End-Game content remaining unchanged is semi-depressing as even if they add new items, SE is notorious for never outdoing older items; in reference Ridill, D.Ring, Etc. Although It seems evident that they've recieved some questions like this before as they said, "It's still too early to adjust the 3 day NMs," so i guess it's still a possibility.

Oh, and lastly I wasn't sure if anyone said it but i'm expecting they won't implement some of these thigns in June, most likely August/September or later. Or maybe SE will surprise us and have some of these occur in June, who knows. There was a lot of good that came through this so I'm happy hehe. :D

Thanks Again Bercus, you're awesome-taru \^_^/

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I'm sorry, but after 5 years of repetitive content with the ground HNMs and 2 years of no solution to beating Absolute Virtue... it's a little too late for SE to be saying "a little too early".

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Octavious
    Well, the way I see it:

Positives:
    >Einherjar Reward Adjustment? Potentially More Ampoules / Higher % Of Abjuration Dorp? Retainibility of Feathers?
    >Dynamis Cost Adjustment, Drop Rate Adjustment (higher...hopefully)
    >New WOTG HNMs, Possibly New 'Powerful' Weapons

Negatives:
    >AV Question Dodged
    >HNM Question Dodged
    >??? Question Dodged (Kind Of)

Overall, I think it was a rather good response from SE. If you look carefully to what they said about AV, it merely mentions they, "Cannot give any more clues at this stage." So...myself being optimistic I will hope that upon realizing their 'hint' was possibly the largest waste of a 3minute video clip will come sometime over the summer and they'll give more on AV. The End-Game content remaining unchanged is semi-depressing as even if they add new items, SE is notorious for never outdoing older items; in reference Ridill, D.Ring, Etc. Although It seems evident that they've recieved some questions like this before as they said, "It's still too early to adjust the 3 day NMs," so i guess it's still a possibility.

Oh, and lastly I wasn't sure if anyone said it but i'm expecting they won't implement some of these thigns in June, most likely August/September or later. Or maybe SE will surprise us and have some of these occur in June, who knows. There was a lot of good that came through this so I'm happy hehe. :D

Thanks Again Bercus, you're awesome-taru \^_^/
    Well I bug them since 2 years about endgame. Basically since people had to start botting. I really don´t know what´s the deal with finally changing something. Most people quit or did quit because of this. Einherjar they said LAST year August that changed/adjustments are under work. So I think it will be in June Patch. If August then that is really lame. 1 year is just too much. You all should complain more via their website.

Seriously. YOU ALL SHOULD COMPLAIN MORE VIA www.PLAYONLINE.com.
    Do it in a polite and nice way without fuck you and all that stuff in it.

I will still continue to bring most things to their attention, but we need more support from Premiere Sites and also
    from more players.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Re: Development Team Q&A - May 2008

I agree, you hit it right on Berc. If we could get the majority to submit complaints as well as other premire sites to show interest in solving these issues it would help a lot. You did recieve a lot of great information from this interview though, in no way would I consider this a bad thing. Aside from AV (which is in a class of its own), it does show some consideration for the playerbase from the SE Dev Team, which provides reassurement that they'll listen to future requests as well.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    I know this is going to be hard for you people, but instead of whining about everything that was said why not have a discussion about what the answers mean.
    1. No. AV keeps you sucked in. Until you all get super pissed again, thats all you get.

1.b. Its a dice roll. If it was 100% pop, the time until you were done with it would be even shorter.

2. Its supposed to be a timesink, hence hard with low reward. Do you really care it you get some junk for a good effort?

3. The purpose is congestion. Working as intended.

4+5. Go fight other stuff and come back later after they leave. When only a few are left subscribing, you'll all get your crack at Faf now wont you?

6. No, they are a secret. Maybe when stop laughing about the other stuff.

7. We are noticing your getting pissed at 0 or 1 AF dropping. We do not want you to stop entering.

8. Ok, this doesn't effect your time investment.

9. Yeah, this sure sounded cool at first huh! Turns out, too much work to implement, and we suck.

10. Timesink. This is a MMO, your supposed to be doing mundane quests. How about we throw you a bone? If you farm up gil to switch back to your original nation, you can have those back?

11. No. Too much work and doesn't effect your time investment.

12. We want everyone to be a taru sam.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It's cool that some of you like being optimistic, but can you please analyze this under the current frame? WotG is a total failure of an expansion currently, which has yet to give anything that can be called quality content, unless you really think an improved Besieged is a good excusse to make us pay extra money. Sure, the couple CSs that the expansion has are very good, but the next update isn't coming until June, last update had nothing of value and the disc came with absolute garbage. And after dealing with all that crap, which believe it or not has damaged the will and morale of their user base, they still believe that keeping the same direction when treating with costumers is a good idea. Check this out...

Question 1 (Absolute Virtue)
    Answer:
    All the answers are in the video. We cannot give you any more clues at this stage.
    Did they seriously say that? Are they not in touch with the comunity? At this point you'd expect that they would have one or more representatives that, you know, can read english, french, german and japanesse, and keep the devs informed of what the main comunity sites say about big points in the game. Yes, they SHOULD be reading the crap ton of topic about it, that is the way to know what your comunity wants.

So basicly their answer is: "We don't want you to beat it."

Answer:
    The point at which AV appears is supposed to be an accident, i.e. a trap. Absolute Virtue was not designed to always appear (to be honest, we want the players to try their luck).
    "We want it to be random, like 80% of the game, because it makes you waste more time on it. Time is money for us."

Question 2 (Einherjar)
    Answer:
    Although the exact details are confidential, we can at least tell you that there are a few adjustments for Einherjar that have been taken into consideration. We would like to maintain the principle of obviously tough and hard battles in the content. We’re planning a number of adjustments in order for the player to get more rewards than at the present time.
    In SE's personal lingo, this means that someday in the next year Einhenjar may get a buff. Maybe 10% more drop rate on old abjs! Seriously...

Question 3 (Repop time of ??? –Questionmarks-)
    Answer:
    As a basic rule, should there constantly be congestion, some kind of adjustment is made (for example, this is applicable to NMs fought by the player in order to obtain the Samurai job). If there is a particular NM that this applies to, please let us know by giving us its name and what happens in detail. We can then examine the problem.
    SE: "Uh, what's Almighty Apkallu?" Yeah, same type of answer. It's like they have no idea what they implemented.

Question 4+5 (End-game)
    Answer: (combined with Question 5)
    We understand that there are a number of problems with the aforementioned HNMs. Although the benefits may no longer be relative to the 3-day-spawn time, the dropped items are still powerful and we think it is too early to make changes or adjustments making these are available to everyone.

As a first step, we are working on a larger choice of monsters which the player can challenge, by adding more HNMs and more powerful equipment.
    This is the one that breaks it for me. TOO EARLY? Wtf do they mean too early? Seriously, how can we even comment on answers like this? It's jaw droping and amazingly funny that when talking about kings they say "too early". That's like the biggest incompatibility of ideas i've seen in a long time. Too early.

Question 6 (Secrets/Latent effects)
    Answer:
    Unfortunately, we cannot let you know of any undiscovered latent effects, as this would defy their purpose. On the other hand, we will let them be known at large once enough players figure out what the situation roughly may be. Items with no obvious advantages could well be worth thinking about.
    You mean, like 80% of the items in the game which have...yeah, no obvious advantages? Pathetic answer. If there's items out there with latents undiscovered that are old as hell, do they really think people are gonna waste their time trying to find them? Hell, chances are the latents are obscure stuff like "MAB + 1, or RACC+10" which is stuff hard enough to see without having the numbers in front >_>

Question 7 (Dynamis)
    Answer:
    The entry cost is under review and we're planning to lower it. An adjustment of the drop rate in the Northland Zones is also planned, although the schedule is yet to be set.
    Oh good, late as hell but good for once. But i'll be the one to point the ugly face of this and how half assed they do things always. They fix price and drop rate (let's hope possitively XD) but they won't fix timers or area congestions. Basicly, causing more grieve and trouble with the comunity over a game dynamic. Half assed~

Question 8 (Battle Music)
    Answer:
    We have received a positive response from many players after implementing the new music. However, as a result of the long time the implementation took, some people do not like it.

The current plan is to make battle music the default option, while implementing another option to deactivate it.
    We will start working on it shortly!
    XD For the love of god. Implementing this should take them a freaking afternoon and testing it a couple hours (as if they even test anything anyway). Why do they have to "plan" so much? This should've been an option from the start and not lef to see "the response from many players". How about planning ahead and doing things right from the start? Oh wait, that needs more than the four monkeys you pay with bananas to program for FFXI while the rest of the team works on whatever other projects.

Question 9 (Wing of the Goddess)
    Answer:
    It would be an awkward situation if monsters in the present world were to become extinct as the result of events in the past. However, this may not necessarily be negative.

If the players do ‘something’ in the past world, there could be positive consequences in the present one. For example, if the players were to save a Pixie in the past, Pixies would exist in the present. For the time being though, there aren’t many cases of this.

In the future, more dynamic features will be added. These will lead to a string of positive changes and consequences, made in the past with effects in the present world.

Apart from the ‘Altana Missions’ and ’Campaign’ currently available, the release of new HNMs, new areas and some new contents are being planned.
    Keep posted for any announcements in the future!

Read: "We know WotG has no content, but that's ok, cause you paid for it in advance, so we'll take all the time we wish to actualy enter the content which we used to promo the actual expansion!" -.- Ok.

Question 10 (Switching Nations)
    Answer:
    Concerning outposts, these are considered a reward for a player’s conquest points. They are also set to be cleared when a player changes nationality because of a sense of belonging. However, as more players have cleared missions, we have increasingly received requests for more random missions in other countries.

In response to the request, the following adjustments will be made:
    • When a player changes nationality, access to previous outposts will be saved.[/*:m:27lrgti5]
    • In a new nation, a player will have to start out from scratch. However, previous records are retrieved upon return to the nation of origin and the player can then re-access saved outposts.[/*:m:27lrgti5]
    Good change. I'd be excited if it wasn't because this piece of **** should've been there from the start. I remember when i started playing years ago and considered changing alliance and someone told me "you lose the OPs". And i said "Yeah, but i'll get them back when i return to bastok, no?". Yup. My newbie gamer mind had already figured that was the way it should be... and was shocked to find out it wasn't, for no aparent reason.

Considering this is the only answer saying "We WILL do this", makes you wonder when we'll see the "We are considering..." type of fixes.

Question 11 (Windowed Mode)
    Answer:
    There are no such plans for the moment.
    SE: "Nope, we paid an external group to program this for us and we are never touching it again, even if it could use a couple improvements."

Question 12 (Food):
    Answer:
    We know all too well that the food choices for mages have been very limited. We are planning to gradually add some more variation to bring some balance.

As to the ways to check the effect of different food items, we would like to find a solution. This is not easy: there are a large number of foods, and their effects have already been implemented.
    Ye jest, do you not? This is not easy? >> How about filling the description box with... uh... the status it changes? Duh? Hey, i got plenty of better ideas, but since all their fixes have to SUCK and be horrible, how about this one! An NPC which we shall call a "Taster" or "Sampler" and which will, you guessed it, taste the food for you! Then he'll inform you of the effects the food will give to you! Hell, make it even MORE annoying and make it so that you lose the item! And to be more in SE's vibe of making annoying things for no reason, let's make it so that the NPC needs a high number of feeds of one item to confirm all the food effects, say, 1000 sushis to tell us every detail of that particular item!

Seriously. How dare they say this is not easy? It's a freaking joke to implemente. There is amazingly good ways to do this, like poping a special window with the actual food effects you have applied when checking your status screen, but god, the super crapy NPC idea would suffice. Not easy.

So my veredict is that the whole interview is pretty good, the questions kinda represent a global view of what everyone wants to know (there's things missing I'd like to know, but obviously i'm not the only one in the world) yet the answers fail to deliver at all. Even the ones that confirm changes are horrible answers and are confirming half assed modifications to the game.

I do not pretend to insult anyone, but those that seem to be happy with this information are probably acting in response to the shit they are used to from SE. After eating crap for months you probably would think that a slightly rotten piece of meat is glory. Under my view, it confirms their poor costumer support, it confirms their development team in charge with FFXI is small (i'd say a handful of people at best, else many things wouldn't be labelled as difficult) and confirms their interest in keeping FFXI alive with as little investment as possible.

As for me, the only reason i'm pissed is because i'd like to have a reason to play again. I guess i'll just go do something else as i've been doing for months now, except for Dynamis and Salvage. Here's hoping they mess up totaly on the next patch so i stop wasting my money on the game >>;

either this topic or the other one in advanced should be locked kind of stupid to have 2 discussions on the same thing going

New Odin
    BG Level

Dayum, so much pessimism in one post! I really think you should quit the game at this point

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan
    Dayum, so much pessimism in one post! I really think you should quit the game at this point
    I'll let you call me a pessimist if you let me call you a comformist. Fair? :3

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Shassira
    ROFL at thinking positive thinking is conformism on these boards. Have you seriously been reading them?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

ROFL at thinking positive thinking is conformism on these boards. Have you seriously been reading them?
    ROFL at asking for a discussion about the answers and failing to provide anything. Oddly enough, my pessimistic view contributes more than your bitching about being pessimistic. Here's a challenge: go question by question and explain why people should be happy about the answers, go in detail and use all the language tools you wish.

Maybe that way instead of just bitching about pessimism you'll contribute to changing the minds and views of people with arguments.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

ROFL at asking for a discussion about the answers and failing to provide anything. Oddly enough, my pessimistic view contributes more than your bitching about being pessimistic. Here's a challenge: go question by question and explain why people should be happy about the answers, go in detail and use all the language tools you wish.

Maybe that way instead of just bitching about pessimism you'll contribute to changing the minds and views of people with arguments.
    Wait, what use does this pessimism have? Is it going to improve people's gameplay experience? Is it going to make people better off? No, it's useless.

I'm not going to be optimistic. I'm not going to be pessimistic. I'm going to say what I think: that it's about half and half but let's take what we fucking can from it. I tried starting a discussion about what they said but people refused to get off their whining train. So I'll just contribute by calling everyone who thinks they are useful by riding the hate train a major, sopping cunt. At least you people will hear my insults.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Wait, what use does this pessimism have? Is it going to improve people's gameplay experience? Is it going to make people better off? No, it's useless.

I'm not going to be optimistic. I'm not going to be pessimistic. I'm going to say what I think: that it's about half and half but let's take what we fucking can from it. I tried starting a discussion about what they said but people refused to get off their whining train. So I'll just contribute by calling everyone who thinks they are useful by riding the hate train a major, sopping cunt. At least you people will hear my insults.
    Oh well, shame you didn't accept the challenge with some ridiculous reason to not do it. Btw, pessimism is as useful as your "save what you can" attitude, it helps people see diferent points of view. The exception is when they are not argumented, ofcourse. Just giving your opinion without reasoning serves no purpose. Lucky for you, i did reason why i though the answers were horrible and in some cases I propossed counter arguments to show why.

Either way, since you won't take the challenge, i'm off~ Thread's all yours to police it and "contribute by calling everyone who thinks they are useful by riding the hate train a major, sopping cunt". Enjoy your fixes

Answer:
    The point at which AV appears is supposed to be an accident, i.e. a trap. Absolute Virtue was not designed to always appear (to be honest, we want the players to try their luck).
    "We want it to be random, like 80% of the game, because it makes you waste more time on it. Time is money for us."

--------------------------------------------------------
    Having Waynes World flash back!

Benjamin Kane: Kids can spot phonies.
    They're very smart.

Noah Vanderhoff: Kids know dick.
    I watch 'em in my arcades.They stand like lab rats hitting
    the feeder bar to get food pellets.As long as they pump in quarters,
    who gives a shit?

Benjamin Kane: Let me ask you. What's your single biggest problem
    in the arcade business?

Noah Vanderhoff: Well, uh, keeping the customer
    informed of new product. Like our new game called Zantar. Zantar is a gelatinous cube that eats warriors in a village. If you eat a chieftain, you go up a level. Beauty is, you can't
    get to the next level, kids keep coughing up quarters.

Benjamin Kane: Gelatinous cube eats village.
    It's terrific.

Arg we can't win. Sorry if this is totally stupid im half asleep.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

New Question #1
    "Is there any way to ensure AV does not spawn so we can keep our experience points from being lost while we go over JoL drops?"

New Question #3
    "Could every force pop NM (from ???) have the respawn time reduced to 5 min for every existing instance as well as every future implementation. This will eliminate potential congestion as well as save your inbox from being flooded by requests"

New Question #6
    "Hidden and latent effects should have some method in-game to reveil their properties. Currently the only method is through 3rd party tools that evaluate performance across a large data sample."

@Shassira for Question 6 and 12
    How about this NPC called... i dunno.. Cecard Dain whom you trade an item and maybe 100 gil and he says ohh i dunno everything about the item! Both hidden/latent/food/exact RGB values for the item/etc

(I'm aware the NPC name is a transpose of the certain other RPG character who's name is probabaly copywrited)

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic
    Speaking of discussing what the answers mean...

The answer to question 1 looks like SE doesn't want AV to be defeated.
    Of course they don't. Cuz then, they will have to come up with something new that we won't figure out how to beat in 15 minutes. There is no middle ground, either it's piss-easy in a half a day or it's retardedly overpowered. As long as AV stands, they always have that crap "trump-card" to pull on us.

Edit

New Question: How about you change your monthly fees to $1 per month and 10 cents per character? Because you obviously don't earn your keep. To clarify, you don't care and you are not good at hiding it.

@Shassira: Agreed. That seemed more helpful to me than "lets see how much crap we can stomach 'til we puke!" I don't see how they could have answered any more incompetently without just mashing the keyboard. Here's to looking forward to the next interview when we get "Answer: Wait, what game now?"

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Hanyoko
    How about this NPC called... i dunno.. Cecard Dain whom you trade an item and maybe 100 gil and he says ohh i dunno everything about the item! Both hidden/latent/food/exact RGB values for the item/etc
    Best info we could ever hope for! Some arguments will never die.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

agreed ur spending 15 bux a month *if you have mules* to play a video game with a bunch of your friends. this isnt life, se owes you nothing. you think the makers of games like DDR give a crap if theres a glitch? and yet you keep pouring in tons of dough at sum scummy lil arcade to step on lighted squares..... at least this is entertaining. i am really surprised people complain this much about a luxury. i guess hanging out with your friends in a virtual world and killin shit isnt good enuff.

it would be pimp to know how to beat av. and while i think my ls could take it *with a lil luck and planning* i honestly dont care if they spill the beans on it. this game is fun as it is. you all make it sound like omfg FAF IS THE ONLY MONSTER IN THE GAME GOGOGOGOGO... first off with botsurrection makin at least 60% of the claim on our server *go ramuh* its fursterating to run up there only to lose to a 3rd party app. but why not drag up 20 members from your link shell and spam spam spam? we did... we won 9 days in a row. 3rd party apps arent 100% and if u get off ur fat ass and spam and have ur entire ls spam... maybe ur luck will change. remember kids... this is a video game. gettin a ridill isnt gonna make you win the internetz. you get a 1/2 inch added to your e-peen. woooooot!

if you think the interview was so bad and this game is so horrible... GO.... PLAY... WOW.... it would be better for people like me anyway who hate having to run thru your fat ass every time i exit my mh since ur doin nothing but Q_Q'ing

*ursher*

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

SE's answer to the question about AV is similar to other dodgy answers.

"How do you speak Japanese?"

"The answers are in the auto-translate. We cannot give you any more information at this time."

I'm in agreement with Bercus. Great opportunity for some useful answers, and we're just left in the dust as usual... we'll have to submit our complaints in an intelligent manner to POL.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by ursher
    agreed ur spending 15 bux a month *if you have mules* to play a video game with a bunch of your friends. this isnt life, se owes you nothing. you think the makers of games like DDR give a crap if theres a glitch? and yet you keep pouring in tons of dough at sum scummy lil arcade to step on lighted squares..... at least this is entertaining. i am really surprised people complain this much about a luxury. i guess hanging out with your friends in a virtual world and killin shit isnt good enuff.

it would be pimp to know how to beat av. and while i think my ls could take it *with a lil luck and planning* i honestly dont care if they spill the beans on it. this game is fun as it is. you all make it sound like omfg FAF IS THE ONLY MONSTER IN THE GAME GOGOGOGOGO... first off with botsurrection makin at least 60% of the claim on our server *go ramuh* its fursterating to run up there only to lose to a 3rd party app. but why not drag up 20 members from your link shell and spam spam spam? we did... we won 9 days in a row. 3rd party apps arent 100% and if u get off ur fat ass and spam and have ur entire ls spam... maybe ur luck will change. remember kids... this is a video game. gettin a ridill isnt gonna make you win the internetz. you get a 1/2 inch added to your e-peen. woooooot!

if you think the interview was so bad and this game is so horrible... GO.... PLAY... WOW.... it would be better for people like me anyway who hate having to run thru your fat ass every time i exit my mh since ur doin nothing but Q_Q'ing

*ursher*
    it would be pimp to know how to beat av. and while i think my ls could take it *with a lil luck and planning*

=D>

first off with botsurrection makin at least 60% of the claim on our server *go ramuh* its fursterating to run up there only to lose to a 3rd party app. but why not drag up 20 members from your link shell and spam spam spam? we did... we won 9 days in a row.
    18 people focused on claim > botters anyday right?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast