+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Central Temenos F3 Help     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Central Temenos F3 Help

I tried to use the search function and skimmed through the event strategies but was unable to find anything about Central Temenos F3 strategies.

My group consist of usually around 15-16 people of the following jobs:

WHM x 2
    BLM x 3-4
    TANK (NIN OR PLD) x 1-2
    RDM x 2
    DD x 7

I cannot always garauntee that a BRD will show up for limbus (had a major exodus of BRDs a few week ago >.>). Most of our players gear is fairly standard. What I am wondering is what do you feel is the minimum amount of players required to safely beat Central Temenos F3. I'm interested in sending a group there and a group to one of the lower tier towers to maximize our coin intake. Any reccomendations on strategies etc would be greatly appreciated. ^^

Xavierus

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Central Temenos F3 Help

From zone in, keep left, always hugging wall. Work your way through all the regular beastman mobs. After you've cleared everything, rest up then SleepgaII the 3 kings. Engage and kill Yag, its Astral Flow shouldn't kill anyone. Next pull Quad, kill it twice since it will Bene. Last kill orc, yes its a pld, but trust me, easiest one to kill last.
    If you kill Quadav last hes gonna be hitting eveyone for retarded damage and have silly def. If Yag is last, its Spin Kick whatever is 600+ damage and astral flow is going to kill alot of fuckign people. The orc is a pld but still fairly squishy and doesnt have any real surprises.

Cookiez n Leechez
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryphen Darconel
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

4x DD (at least one of which can provoke, usually a NIN in here)
    BRD
    WHM

RDM
    BLM

That's our standard setup for this limbus. First party kills everything, second party is crowd control/misc. things.

I never remember what order we kill the kings in. I think it's Orc, Quadav, Yagudo. Not sure why we do it that way, but haven't ever lost the entire party to Astral Flow. Usually if someone dies it's because they get hit right after before they can get cured. Also, you can keep your mages out of range of Astral Flow if you pull it to the bottom of one of the tall ramps.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Indalecia
    Last kill orc, yes its a pld, but trust me, easiest one to kill last.
    If you kill Quadav last hes gonna be hitting eveyone for retarded damage and have silly def..
    The Orc is either immune or extremely resistant to Sleep, if you intend to save him for for last you may want some sort of backup plan for holding him that doesn't involve Sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto
    If you kill Quadav last hes gonna be hitting eveyone for retarded damage and have silly def..
    The Orc is either immune or extremely resistant to Sleep, if you intend to save him for for last you may want some sort of backup plan for holding him that doesn't involve Sleep.
    hmmm... i never use ES and he sleeps like a kitten for me. are you sure?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

We always do Carby pull the last 3 mobs one at a time, we normally do SMN Yagudo last and have only a few people in the middle of the room to induce Astral Flow then everyone goes in.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

We typically go in with NIN NIN DD WHM BRD BLM/RDM. Work our way around the regular mobs as stated; we hold TP until 50% on NIN mobs, and grav + kite + nuke MNK mobs during 2hour. Sleepga and then Repose/Sleep II the NMs, SV buffs. We go Orc > Quadav > Yagudo, but that's just our preference. We fight the Yagudo on one of the ramps outside the room; typically most of us can avoid Astral Flow that way. We just leave 1 NIN on the Yagudo when it gets to around 50% HP, and nuke it until it blows.

With no BRD, you'll want more people. You can have a RDM/WHM instead of the WHM, MNK/NIN or WAR/NIN instead of a NIN, etc.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spekkio
    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto
    hmmm... i never use ES and he sleeps like a kitten for me. are you sure?
    Maybe I've just gotten absurdly unlucky with his Resist Sleep procs, but I've never managed to land one on him with 317 skill + Pluto's, even the times I've tried with ES. Typically I make the pull with Sleepga and we take him first since in never fails to resist and he'll be in my face pretty quickly, I'm going to be pissed if he's actually sleepable without ES, lol.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Whoops, double-post.

My linkshell has done it with as few as 6:
    WAR/NINx3
    BRD
    RDM
    BLM

Also done it with a WHM instead of the BLM or MNKs instead of 1-2 of the WARs.. rdm subs smn and carby pulls most rooms, keep in mind if the mob you carby pull in main 3 casts a longer spell it will relink the others. I typically try to time silence so it lands after carby hits before it starts casting, but that's also risky as if you cast too soon and end it before carby hits they'll link on you obviously.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

What I am wondering is what do you feel is the minimum amount of players required to safely beat Central Temenos F3.
    If you've a group of relatively HQ players, four is perfectly safe. RDM, BRD, two DD/nins. I don't usually go that low, I prefer doing it with five, just because an extra sleeper or heavy DD to speed killing rate is easier on everyone, but it's perfectly doable without stress with 4. It's a fairly straight forward melee burn of the zone, only things to watch out for with the non-NMs are the MNKs who 100 fist. If you don't want to straight tank through it, just be ready to bind it for a sec and you should be good.

For the NMs, I've always used the PLD => WHM => SMN route, because PLDs technically have a resist sleep trait, and the NMs get def and att increases as you kill them. I imagine in the case of the PLD it'd be a bad idea for him to get any defense buffs if you're planning to low man it, cause that'll take longer. But I've never actually ever done it another order, so whatever. Maybe some people find a non-att-buffed Yag with bad AoE WS to be more convenient to fight, so there's always that. The ramps nearby the NMs don't offer protection against Astral Flow, so be ready to move someone out of range, or have proper buffs up to eat it and cure right away.

Can be done with 5 very safely. The normal mobs are a joke. For the nms, kite 2 and kill 1 + yag's elemental. The yagudo smn doesn't resummon his elemental, by the way.

Paladin first, summoner last. PLD after the first def buff takes fucking forever to kill otherwise. Never done it with 4; I'd assume it's possible but it would be tight on time. Maybe if you held the bosses with sleep instead of kiting like we do.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xavierus
    I tried to use the search function and skimmed through the event strategies but was unable to find anything about Central Temenos F3 strategies.

My group consist of usually around 15-16 people of the following jobs:

WHM x 2
    BLM x 3-4
    TANK (NIN OR PLD) x 1-2
    RDM x 2
    DD x 7

I cannot always garauntee that a BRD will show up for limbus (had a major exodus of BRDs a few week ago >.>). Most of our players gear is fairly standard. What I am wondering is what do you feel is the minimum amount of players required to safely beat Central Temenos F3. I'm interested in sending a group there and a group to one of the lower tier towers to maximize our coin intake. Any reccomendations on strategies etc would be greatly appreciated. ^^

Xavierus
    Last time, my LS took two PTs:

Tank/Melee:
    PLD WHM THF RDM DRG ??

BLM PT

We did fine.

P.S. Don't sign your posts with your name.

Quote Originally Posted by deced
    The ramps nearby the NMs don't offer protection against Astral Flow, so be ready to move someone out of range, or have proper buffs up to eat it and cure right away.
    This isn't entirely true, ramps + max distance is outside astral flow range. Fight the Yagudo in a corner of the recess in the main room with the mob closer to the middle and players closer to edge. Mages go to the top of the ramp, then move backwards until just inside casting range, and they will be safe from AF. You can fight Ultima with similar positioning to avoid his longer-range AoEs as well.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

<3 Blink on Ultima's loldraw-in

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Windred Sayna
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Turalyon

The yagudo smn doesn't resummon his elemental, by the way.
    heh, we've always thought it would resummon. We'll have to give that a shot next time.

Our group does Orc PLD > Quadav WHM > Yag SMN. Around 60% we have about half the group backup until after astral flow. PLD tends to resist sleep after a while, since they get harder as you kill them and pld has resist sleep.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Everyone Thanks for the information. We ended up having 17 players show up so we ended up sending BRD + WHM + 4 Strong DD's to W. tower and 11 people (4 BLMs, 2 x SMN, 2 x RDM, 1 X WHM, NIN, THF) to F3. Sufficit to say, it was fairly easy to beat. I appreciate everyones input on it. Now to start planning for Ultima.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Windred Sayna
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Turalyon

Hope you have tanks that can take CB.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Just zerg the fuck outta it and run away when CB starts. He has a 30 second countdown.. just note that hate is really loose when the CB's start flying. As BRD I got drawn in much.

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

SMN can also carby pull the NM's without issue. For our group we normally do PLD > WHM > SMN. The SMN isn't much of a threat except for maybe AF and occasional sweep spam (should be able to stun sweep though).