Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Cooking (Guild Point Key items)

I apologiez if this has been posted before but the search function has not been working for me (been trying for 30 minutes and keeps saying search failed.)

Just looking for some feedback;

I am working on Cooking GP and my suggested route is

Chefs Hat > Apron > Raw fish handeling >=< Noodle kneading kit > (HQ reduction item for non HQing mats) > Cordon bleu > Patisser >=< Signboard > Stewpot.

Since the sushi market isn't really what it use to be before I'm looking to make sure my investment into my GP items is in the right area. Feedback would be great ^^.

(Again apologiez if this was posted before )

Re: Cooking (Guild Point Key items)

Cooking GP is the devil.

I went sushi->noodles->hat->apron, and then stalled out at like 30k towards the furniture.

Seriously though, cooking GP is awful.

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Cooking GP is the devil.

I went sushi->noodles->hat->apron, and then stalled out at like 30k towards the furniture.

I did sushi -> hat -> apron -> noodles -> patissier/stewpots -> stallled out. Cooking GP is really awful. When evaluating when to get your apron/hat/furniture, take into consideration which synths it'll affect your tier on, and figure out if it'll make a damn difference.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Cooking GP is the devil.

Nowai, handing in Hundreds of Cookies for fuck all points is awesome.

Lets not forget all the synths with pissant level Cooking ingredients with useless HQs!
    Fuck you Tortillas.

I must get 2-4k points a week thanks to all the bullshit that pops up for GP items.

I'm planning Hat > Sushi > Apron > w/e

Idea is to cook up what I fish, but still working on Lu Shang so won't need RFH for a while yet.

Wow look evil.

Thanks for feedback guys. I think I got a good idea as to pick up first.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Maat' Cap is easier to get than Chef's Hat.

yeah cooking guild points such major bumholes....

i did Hat > Raw fish > Apron > Pattisser > NIN > Noodle needling > Hocho 100+5 skill ;p

umm i am currently gaining guild points was thinking about either choppin board (cordon blu ) thing or w/e thing new fangled item type thing is guna bee.. personally i hate with a passion cooking guild points.... IMO they should allow you to trade the items to teh NPC's in whitegate as sometimes getting to windy in itself takes for ever

IMO also the Hoco is a bloody pain to camp 0/30.. so i bought it due to teh fact i think 1M is easier to get than the drop from NM and also saving 150K in cooking guild points.. and +3skill is better theres a fw more items i can bust a tier on now nothing spectacular but way i see it is if teh katanastops me spending 10 mins or w/e to travel for cooking advan sup to bust a tier its worth it in teh long run

my lv 1 leather craft (hes lvl 35 fyi) mule got 5k+ more ponits in 2 less days a week that i did at 100....so yeah me <3 cooking guild points ....

tbh also i think fishermen have a shitter time than cooks on guild points... at least like 90% of our stuff can be bought npc.. poor fishers get some real unused fish and have to spend ages catching thier points... then again fishing is slow at the bets of time..but relaxing :D

Hog

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Not to sound like a broken record, but yes, cooking GP sucks hard. As a side note though, having some fishing skill can help you a bit as well with it, as quite a bit of the cooking GP needs fish that...well, don't get placed on the AH. Even though I have the skill and Lu Shang's though, I often have very little motivation to spend my time doing it.

I'd also suggest storing extras of items that are a pain to synth on a mule. For instance if turtle soup comes up, I'll go fish up a stack or two of turtles, make the soups, get the GP, toss the rest on mule.

As for the GP items, my personal opinion is much like what has been stated here. Don't worry about the hat/apron so much at first, the key items will help you out far more with skilling and profit.

The route I went:

Raw Fish > Noodle Kneading > Patissier > Chef's Hat

And now where I'm going (whenever I get the motivation to collect the GP, probably closer to/post update):

(HQ reduction thing coming out) > Apron > Furniture

And once I get my NIN leveled up again, I'll go camp the katana if I have some free time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Check what you want to try and break tier on to see if it's even worth bothering getting the hat, apron, or furniture. It probably isn't.

Sushi is mostly only worthwhile if you're fishing up your own fish. Even then money is mostly in HQing the stuff.

Pattisier paid for itself for me (450k HQ gelatos during the inflation <3). See if you'd use it before bothering though.

Noodle Kneading is mostly retarded. 15 ingredients to make Pescatora. Which sells verrrry slooooooow. Carbonara is retarded to make w/o a low level mule to make the jerky (they're apparently fixing this). But buffalo meat is still hard to come by at times.

IMO also the Hoco is a bloody pain to camp 0/30.. so i bought it due to teh fact i think 1M is easier to get than the drop from NM and also saving 150K in cooking guild points..
    0/28 on it, Mijin has dropped me three times. I feel your pain.