BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Merit suggestions for Ridill Hume Drk and War

As topic says. trying to get multiple opinions from people other than just those i game with, Particular other Ridill wielders preferred.

Banned.

BG Level

Re: Merit suggestions for Ridill Hume Drk and War

birds and mamools

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

I thought he ment what he should use his merit points on. Now I'm confused.

8 sword

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Don't use it on DRK.

8 Sword is a good starting point, as to Bergressor + DA, different people prefer different things. DA can defeat a Ridill's Triple Attack proc but I'm not a WAR, much less a Ridill one, so I've never worked out the specifics on that.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

5/5 Berserk/Aggressor

Some people swear by 8 sword merits, some people are perfectly content with less.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

yes i'm looking for what to put merits into... not where to merit XD. I also been hearing no to meriting DA since it doesn't help Ridill. But curious as to meriting Axe/sword how many points for each. and Tier 1 and 2 merits for War and Drk. I mostly use it on Drk for zerging.

Yeah i was considering 5 beserk/agg since i heard that today. but the sword and axe merits is what i'm mostly not sure of atm. I may just go 4 sword merits and see how it goes with that when i re-do DM for Suppa

8 Great Axe
    8 Scythe
    4 Sword

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Stormscale

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    8 Great Axe
    8 Scythe
    4 Sword
    Agreed, but if you are using Sword for Zergs and not Scythe or something, then you might wanna switch to 8.4.8... also as a WAR with Ridill, I'd suggest you do Zerk/Aggr it helps with ur DoT since u'll have the buffs up longer than not, but YMMV with it.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by omgaggrohelpme
    8 Great Axe
    8 Scythe
    4 Sword
    Agreed, but if you are using Sword for Zergs and not Scythe or something, then you might wanna switch to 8.4.8... also as a WAR with Ridill, I'd suggest you do Zerk/Aggr it helps with ur DoT since u'll have the buffs up longer than not, but YMMV with it.
    I also am a 75 Drg. and not a gigantic fan of Gaxe. if i'm on war its maneater/ridill cept in salvage until i get sub unlocked.

Currently weapons i have 2 sword, 5 polearm, 1 scythe, 1 h2h(thinking of leveling monk up)

I would try to work around that maybe adding in axe. Mostly just seeking ideas remember, and other's suggestions.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Stormscale

Quote Originally Posted by Evildemon
    Quote Originally Posted by omgaggrohelpme
    8 Great Axe
    8 Scythe
    4 Sword
    I also am a 75 Drg. and not a gigantic fan of Gaxe. if i'm on war its maneater/ridill cept in salvage until i get sub unlocked.

Currently weapons i have 2 sword, 5 polearm, 1 scythe, 1 h2h(thinking of leveling monk up)

I would try to work around that maybe adding in axe. Mostly just seeking ideas remember, and other's suggestions.

giving us the LOLDRG from start could have helped, but if you're planning on using DRG for random shit, and you go WAR to salvage, then do 6/6/8(Polearm/GA,Scythe,Sword) or drop Scythe all together and pick up Polearm... Honestly you can't have merits for all your jobs with how it is situated ATM.

I'd pick 2 that you use the most and max those out, You're always gonna be gimping the skill lvl if you wanna use all 3-4 melee jobs to the max. Also a WAR that doesn't use GA makes baby Jesus cry =\

I hope SE give us +8 combat max next patch so I can merit Polearm.

I hope SE give us +8 combat max next patch so I can merit Polearm.
    Ya, I really dont see why they limit it. "Hi you can only excel in a couple jobs lol, even though we designed this entire game to focus around lvling new jobs".

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

yeah that doesn't make a ton of sense. i might do 6 polearm, 6 scythe and 8 sword. I love having my Drg for solo shit and just messing around. considering WoW you need to start a new char to do anything different with a new job since only one job per char.

Hence y i like having the ability to play as 20 jobs but only excelling at like 2 sux.

Naver

I did the following:

8 Axe
    8 Sword

Warrior:
    3 Berserk
    3 Aggressor
    4 Double Attack
    3 Warrior's Charge
    2 Tomahawk
    1 Savagery

Dark Knight:
    5 Souleater Recast
    5 Last Resort Effect
    1 Dark Seal
    3 Diabolic Eye
    2 Desperate Blows

Edit: Forgot combat merits

Sea Torques
    BG Level

On WAR I'm using 4 Berserk, 4 Aggressor, 2 double, would change to 5 bergressor, but too lazy to redo atm, not a bad compromise with Ridill either way.
    8 sword, or however many you can put in it is a given, so is crits and STR (or DEX if you swing that way). WAR Group 2 is pretty eh imho, I just have WC lv1 and I don't think I'm missing much.

For DRK, imho Dark Seal is essential for zerging, other than that, it doesn't really matter. If you're zerging with ridill, you can pretty much do whatever you want with the rest of group 2 and 1, focus on zerging with souleater, or a more balanced meripo-like setup. I still have to motivate myself to go out and get more than Dark Seal.

Group 1 : choose between SE recast (best if you often find yourself in a situation waiting for recast: see JoL), LR recast and effect (always good, always usable, match up well).

Group 2 : at least one in Dark Seal, Muted Soul is good for SE spamming (hey it can only help) Desperate Blows lost most of it's luster, but it still does good when matched with LR group 1 merits. Apparantly some people like diabolic eye for merits, but it doesn't seem too interesting to me.

Since i'd rather not make a new topic should i go 5/5 berserk and aggressor even if I don't have a ridill? I'll most likely be using maneater joytoy when I get to that level because I have 8 sword merits.

Naver

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme
    Since i'd rather not make a new topic should i go 5/5 berserk and aggressor even if I don't have a ridill? I'll most likely be using maneater joytoy when I get to that level because I have 8 sword merits.
    Do you plan on using other weapons besides this combination? I for one like using G.Axe, G.Sword, etc on my WAR. Hence the reason why I chose my setup.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For DRK, I recommend Last Resort Recast/Effect x5 (unless that extra minute off Souleater is really going to help, at the very least it would rarely benefit me to be able to use Souleater a minute earlier whereas LR is universally useful), and in group 2 -- 1Dark Seal 2Muted Soul 3Desperate Blows.

Sure Desperate Blows no longer superpowers a zerg as much, but it still essentially caps your haste (or close to) every time you use it, making you swing ridiculously fast for 30 seconds... with LR merits, you can have +25% Attack and capped haste every 4:10 which isn't bad.

Still think Last Resort needs a duration boost though =x

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme
    Go 8 Great Axe with 5 Double Attack and 5 Berserk seriously, if I could go back I wouldn't think twice but I merited before the 2hand fix and I don't have the time to change it.