Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

End of a Linkshell: Cleaning Up the Aftermath?

I was in a Sea linkshell that ended up dying off due to lack of interest (no drama, thank goodness.) Before that happened, though, we amassed a fair amount of pop items. I can't remember the exact numbers, but we have something along the lines of:

1 and 2/3 Love pops
    About 2-4 each of Hope, Justice, and Prudence pops
    5 Faith pops
    1 and a bit Fortitude pops

The pop items are sitting on a mule I created for this purpose. We don't expect the shell to start up again, and I'd hate to have a Mog Locker full of organs for the rest of my time in FFXI. It seems wasteful to just throw them away. I've been considering either selling them to one of the various HNMLSes on Gilgamesh that does sea, or donating them to friends that do low-man sea. I'd really like to avoid major drama if possible. What would you suggest?

As a potential complication, the website that held our forums has gone down, so I do not know if I can get access to the point totals from before the linkshell disbanded. If I do sell the organs, distribution of the gil to our former members could be problematic (I don't know how many of them still play, even). Giving them to low-man attempts to try to get items for some of our members could also be a problem for similar reasons.

Side note: how much can I reasonably expect to get for those organs? I know it'll vary from server to server, but a ballpark figure would be good.

Re: End of a Linkshell: Cleaning Up the Aftermath?

Just hold on to them until you join a new LS, and use them there, IMO

Faith pops are worthless. You can probably fetch 10-20k per ghrah chip. The other stuff is all fairly valuable.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Faith pops are worthless.
    Give the Faith pops to the low-man group and try to get myself a torque. Got it.

The other stuff is all fairly valuable.
    How much do you consider to be fairly valuable? I haven't actually done sea in a while, and I don't see these organs in bazaars much - I really don't know how to price them.

Quote Originally Posted by Seyrr
    Give the Faith pops to the low-man group and try to get myself a torque. Got it.

How much do you consider to be fairly valuable? I haven't actually done sea in a while, and I don't see these organs in bazaars much - I really don't know how to price them.
    From what I've seen on the server, 12kish on Ghrah Chips is a good price. I did see some Fifth Virtues in a bazaar for 200k a pop for awhile in Rolanberry too so I'm assuming somewhere around there is good since they were in there for quite awhile. I've seen lesser deeds and virtues for 50k-100k too. My shell might be interested in working something out but I'd have to see how my members felt about it. Good luck, sounds like you got your hands full figuring something out

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Seyrr

Going to ffxiah.com and seeing if people have them in bazaar/wanted lists is always a good way to ballpark prices for non-AH items. Check that out.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

I don't think giving away/selling/using your pop items will spark any drama. I don't think any of your old LS members care if you do seeing as they lost interest in sea altogether.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Yeah but you know how people are... as soon as he gets something from those, the QQing will commence.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Day
    Yeah but you know how people are... as soon as he gets something from those, the QQing will commence.
    Fortunately, most of our members (at least, the ones who stuck around until it got to the point where we didn't really have enough to do anything) are pretty drama-free folks... which is actually the reason I want to make sure they get their fair share too. The fact that all of our point and attendance records are MIA is making this difficult, though. I haven't had the chance to talk to all of them yet. I'd like to have some good ideas to suggest before we make any decisions, though.

I'm getting the feeling that something like this doesn't happen often - the "try to divide the remainders fairly" bit, anyways. >.>;;

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

DH died? Hmm, contact the rest of the leaders to find a solution. If you end up with a hot potato in your hands sell and distribute gil/items among ex-members. Since you don't have any records of attendance, you'll have to dictate how much a member gets. Those who cut the pie get to keep the biggest slice

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

A few in RM are still interested in doing Sea, Seyrr. Maybe we could team up with Emerald/Interlopers people to put them all to good use. I have a couple of Faith pops myself I'd like to see turned into a torque.

DH isn't dead for the record. was a different ls.

anyway I talked to dan last night since it's rumored that RM is gonna be moving from sky to sea in a few months or so. Some people in my ls also have started doing "lowman" sea but it's at a time I can't make. plus the fact that most of the people there weren't in our ls in the first place so it'd be unfair to just turn over the pop items to them especially since most of our top pointers will basically get screwed and all the work they've put in to get our pops will mean nothing.

if anything the most fair thing would be to sell and split in regards to points. I wouldn't mind a justice personally but whatever, it's not like I use my sam all that much nowadays anyway. Most likely they will be sold and distributed accordingly once I find a printout of a point sheet. let me know if anyone else has a suggestion or comment

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

FFXI Roadshow. Lol.

Seriously though, just save for the next shell that you join.