The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

New Additions and Changes to Campaign (05/22/2008)

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../3232/3232.jpg

The next version up date will usher in a number of new additions to the Campaign system, as well as several changes to existing elements.

Physicians

A new group of NPCs known as physicians will be introduced to both sides of the Campaign lineup, serving dutifully to heal and tend to their battle-wounded allies. Various oaths of non-violence prevent the physicians from engaging in open combat, and they will resort to fighting only as a means of self-defense when attacked directly. Otherwise, they will patrol the field of battle, seeing to the needs of combatants by bestowing upon them various spells of healing and enhancement.

Medals

Currently, the most distinguished medal available in commendation of a character's meritorious service in the name of Altana is the "Emblem of the Holy Knight." The next version update however, will see an expansion of the medal system, and with it a total of four new medals to recognize even greater prestige. Accordingly, new and more difficult Campaign Ops will also be introduced, as well as several new items obtainable through exchange for Allied Notes.

Exchanging Points for Wares from Other Nations

Until now, players have only been capable of exchanging their Allied Notes to procure items offered by the nation with which they are aligned. A modification to this system, in the same vein as that made previously to the Conquest system, will now allow for the acquisition of wares from any nation. Players can, however, expect a slight markup in price when dealing with a nation other than their own.

In addition to the changes outlined above, a number of other features will be implemented, including new quests involving Campaign freelance NPCs, technical adjustments to the army units of both the Allied Forces and Beastman Confederate, and the addressing of various other minor issues.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Re: New Additions and Changes to Campaign (05/22/2008)

Awesome hopefully the new items will be as useful as some of the previous items.

Also this would be awesome to help revitalize campaign (on ifrit its absolutely dead).

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno

In addition to the changes outlined above, a number of other features will be implemented, including new quests involving Campaign freelance NPCs...
    What's this? Perhaps something along the lines of WotG Ode to the Serpents quests? I'd wet myself with joy.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Sweet.

I'll be able to buy the cobra harness set without switching nations.

physicians sound cool.

can I hear a "MEDIC!"

A. Body
    BG Level

[quote=Spoony Bob]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Not Kuno":1m7suhbx

In addition to the changes outlined above, a number of other features will be implemented, including new quests involving Campaign freelance NPCs...
    What's this? Perhaps something along the lines of WotG Ode to the Serpents quests? I'd wet myself with joy.[/quote:1m7suhbx]

They mentioned a while ago that they'd have quests involving the Hydra Corp, and iirc, that includes all of the Relic users. A few are still missing, H2H, dagger, GAX, polearm, etc., so odds are they'll be added to the game as freelances or new generals at one point or another. I believe they'll add new generals when they unlock the northlands, the lore of the Ragnarok holder makes that seem likely.

I wonder how 'slight' the mark up will really be. Most people have little to spend their AN on, so all of us probably have over a couple hundred-thousand.

I am a Cockwhistle
    BG Level

Someone needs to inform SE that Campaign = Not an expansion. I don't mind Campaign adjustments. I do mind the fact that I bought an expansion that is basically 24/7 besieged and nothing else. They really seem to have latched onto "People liked Besieged, if we make it an entire expansion that's just Besieged, it'll be awesome!" QQ, etc.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yay more op's, even though I still have 3 to do that refuse to become available for me

A. Body
    BG Level

Lets please not bitch up this thread with negativity. We don't know what else they might be adding to WOG and maybe people actually don't care that they're not getting anything else if campaign is what they always wanted.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shukuffxi
    Someone needs to inform SE that Campaign = Not an expansion. I don't mind Campaign adjustments. I do mind the fact that I bought an expansion that is basically 24/7 besieged and nothing else. They really seem to have latched onto "People liked Besieged, if we make it an entire expansion that's just Besieged, it'll be awesome!" QQ, etc.
    Let the WoTG sucks QQ start!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Heh my brother changed to Sandy just to get that PLD gear... I knew they would do this eventually, wasn't expecting it as soon though.

Now he can change back to Bastok.

Good to know if they ever have any good gear outside of Sandy I can get it now too, all those points aren't really doing much atm.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I like the addition of more ops. I have 48/52 done that I know of as well as being able to get other armor/weapons from cities.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm loving these changes, really hoping the Medics will have Raise as well.

Oh and if they do quests with freelance NPCs about their past like they did with Serpent Generals I'm going to wet myself. Valaineral R Davilles ftw!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Pure awesome. I live in campaign most days so the changes are welcome. Medics are much needed, and makes me wonder a bit if SE isnt patrolling BG every now and again haha.

technical adjustments to the army units of both the Allied Forces
    If they weaken any of our generals ill be pissed. Maximillian gets nerfed and imma have to choke a bitch.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by LD
    the lore of the Ragnarok holder makes that seem likely.
    The Ragnarok NPC is already in game, he is Miuseloir (I doubt I spelled that right) of San d'Oria's Crimson Wolves. He was given the Ragnarok after a battle in Beaucedine when he joined up with the Hydra Corps. (This also explains why the Ragnarok spot is in beaucedine!)

So I don't think they'll need to add him, considering the Hydra Corps disappear not long after he joins up! Joseaneaut (spelling again), the Elvaan WHM from the Tribune and more recently the WoTG Quests with Leadavox (his goblin traveling buddy from the tribune!) have an entire article about it, I'll try to find it if someone else doesn't by the time I get back today.

Oh and if they do quests with freelance NPCs about their past like they did with Serpent Generals I'm going to wet myself. Valaineral R Davilles ftw!
    But Davilles isn't a freelance? ):

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman
    Pure awesome. I live in campaign most days so the changes are welcome. Medics are much needed, and makes me wonder a bit if SE isnt patrolling BG every now and again haha.

technical adjustments to the army units of both the Allied Forces
    If they weaken any of our generals ill be pissed. Maximillian gets nerfed and imma have to choke a bitch.
    That seems likely, but it should be ok. Places like Fort K-R usually have 6-7 units killing things in 30 seconds and nobody can get any xp lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Emblem Items weren´t that good but Sando ones. But I liked the trend in them being 75 and having some unique stats on them. Next Ranks Items should be interesting.

I remember when I bought a Trooper Ring for 20k outa boredom (never used) because I tought "all the IS are useless anywa beyond a certain point". Well what did I know - I bit my ass more than once in the struggle for Perdu Blade after

P.S. There is also an announcement on POL for FFXI 2008 Edition being a single reg code for POL and FFXI.

A. Body
    BG Level

I'm hoping the unti changes will simply make them more even. Since they nerfed Softstep by having Ore Toss less often, Rolanberry isn't as much of a slug fest as some other areas, but there are still Beastman generals who can fuck up entire squads without even trying. Our generals are powerful, but their potential for destruction isn't as high.

Also, fuck Shadow Fang Voids. When they sweep in before another squad, they sap all your resourses unless you have a lot of mages, and only healers ever come to campaign. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    Quote Originally Posted by LD
    the lore of the Ragnarok holder makes that seem likely.
    The Ragnarok NPC is already in game, he is Miuseloir (I doubt I spelled that right) of San d'Oria's Crimson Wolves. He was given the Ragnarok after a battle in Beaucedine when he joined up with the Hydra Corps. (This also explains why the Ragnarok spot is in beaucedine!)

So I don't think they'll need to add him, considering the Hydra Corps disappear not long after he joins up! Joseaneaut (spelling again), the Elvaan WHM from the Tribune and more recently the WoTG Quests with Leadavox (his goblin traveling buddy from the tribune!) have an entire article about it, I'll try to find it if someone else doesn't by the time I get back today.

But Davilles isn't a freelance? ):
    A fair number of generals currently have Relic weapons and, as such, are going to be inducted into the Hydra corp. It's possible they'll dramatically change them or split them up to suit the story, I mean Kilwich will obviously die and be separated from Ulla. I could easily see Mieuseloir relocated to the northlands when they are added, considering he is currently stationed in Battalia, just like in the article.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion
    I remember when I bought a Trooper Ring for 20k outa boredom (never used) because I tought "all the IS are useless anywa beyond a certain point". Well what did I know - I bit my ass more than once in the struggle for Perdu Blade after
    Heh, I still remember you walking to Salvage every day because you couldn't spend the 200 points to use the runic portal.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This update just keeps getting better and better. I can't wait to see the job adjustments and merits for Scholar and Dancer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast