Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Re: Absolute Virtue and Me: Back to the Beginning of 2006

Y'know, there actually was something good to come out of that video... before it was released, generally people were handling the Wynavs by nuking them down with a separate BLM team. But after the video showed that SE used RDM/THF's to kite the Wynavs, there were several LS's who tried this method and got it to work. Apparently if you have the right setup, all of the Wynavs can be kited indefinetly. That's pretty helpful, because next to Manafont the Wynavs are the most likely thing to get an alliance killed.

Quote Originally Posted by SHADOWMAGE
    Quote Originally Posted by Phraust
    Hate to post...

If the first hint was breaking AV's regen via Same day/Nuke hint, perhaps other things were removed this way as well. If AV uses Benediction for less HP, perhaps there was enough stray damage on the element corosponding to that day to perhaps not only remove regen, but "HP Boost". Maybe you need to just drag the fight on and nuke away all the job abilities and traits of all the Jobs AV is: Whm Bene, Auto-regen, etc... However the cryptic Bullshit with the 2hours doesn't really lend anything to that theory, maybe it's a means to select the abilities you want removed? Maybe a means to do damage to those abilities?

Some minor observations though, They straght tank it JoL, I thought that was kinda wierd. And the Brd/Whm pulls hate on every Ru'Phuabo and trains them through the Blms to be nuked, from what I seen it's kinda hard to get hate on those sharks.
    I don't think how SE fought JoL will change anything. Its not werid to get hate on those sharks lol. Yes I do agree with you that it might have something to do with the regen, however how exactly do you suppose on removing his regen rate?
    They didn't show JOL for nothing. The regen effect will be cut in half by defeating as many of the Ru'phuabos, Qn'xzomits, and Qn'hpemdes summoned by the Jailer of Love as possible.

In addition, using an elemental based attack that corresponds to the current day of the week (i.e. using Fire spells on Firesday) will stop the remaining regen effect.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SchuldigGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Therin
    The only interesting thing that came out of the SE video and the following tests is that sometimes AV "uses" a two-hour, and other times he "readies" a two-hour, yet we don't know anything about what that means.
    This probably has been tested and im being laughed at but i dont remember it...
    If everyones Twohour in Alliance is down, does AV still "uses" and "readies" two-hours or just one of it ?
    because thats the only thing i could imagen the videos trys to tell us...
    Vergiss es !
    Wenn AV popt dann gibst nur noch eins zu sagen:
    So bis morgen machts gut

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thris
    Quote Originally Posted by NiggaFromHarlem
    "fuck se, it's broken, we have 10 kc drks, and it's not dead, it's broken!"

36 KC drks is obviously the answer.
    they'd go down quicker than a drunk sorority girl

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Titanss
    Quote Originally Posted by Thris
    Quote Originally Posted by NiggaFromHarlem
    "fuck se, it's broken, we have 10 kc drks, and it's not dead, it's broken!"

36 KC drks is obviously the answer.
    they'd go down quicker than a drunk sorority girl
    Or a cheerleader on prom night?

I don't really want to post cause like out of the 1500000 other posts why would mine mean anything but w/e...
    Also, I never read the full 1500000 posts so if this was mentioned, you know w/e ignore it my bad.

What are the two worst 2hours that AV can do... manafont and benediction... at least imho...

If you look at the videos (not sure if it is all of them) you will notice that around av is a blm and a whm OUTSIDE of alliance. I came to this conclusion because they would never get hit by aoes. Perhaps having such jobs outside pt but in AV aoe range will keep him from performing those specific 2hours? Otherwise I don't understand why they would be so close.

I've built up enough courage to post this so slash away...

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

This is why there should be some type of test on the previous AV threads before you are allowed to post in this topic.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

If you look at the videos (not sure if it is all of them) you will notice that around av is a blm and a whm OUTSIDE of alliance. I came to this conclusion because they would never get hit by aoes. Perhaps having such jobs outside pt but in AV aoe range will keep him from performing those specific 2hours? Otherwise I don't understand why they would be so close.
    Those mages were the cameras for the respective versions videos. Thats why they weren't getting AOE'd because it'd be a real shame for the camera to die, wouldn't it?

No, I'm not in a shell that does AV. I have no proof as to anything. I'm bored, and so are you if you're reading this.

I do agree with the OP on one thing, that is people are over-complicating things and I don't see what SE has to gain by having a mob completely unbeatable.

That being said, and I'm sorry if anything below has been said/refuted/etc, I'd rather get flamed by a few people who have read all the threads than spend 12 hrs searching through old, pointless threads so that I can post my 1 idea. I really don't care who beats or doesn't beat AV.

Anyway, I think people should be looking for any number of simpler solutions if they want to beat him. Also, I think there should be some sort of cause->effect in place.

That being said, I see 1 "effect" as a very simple way to make AV _possible_. That effect would be that the "lock" players want could be in the form of AV can use each different 2hr once. If you don't lock him, he can spam any 2hr as much as he wants. Why do I think this? It leaves some challenge to the fight. You have to be able to deal with Meteor, with charms, with Wynavs. It seems like a clean way for him to remain a challenge, and yet be possible.

Now then, there still needs to be a trigger to "lock" him in this fashion. I'd say the 2 hrs are a hint and related, but who knows. I honestly have nothing to contribute here.

That being said, some people claim meteor is impossible, yet, I'm fairly sure they're wrong (as others have even said otherwise). It's still a huge pain, perhaps even -hard-. But if you assume there is a way to only make it happen once, I think the fight is within the realm of possibility.

Flame away for my deciding to post without being in a shell that does Sea. I honestly do not care, but I'm sure it'll make someone feel good about themself.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard
    Flame away for my deciding to post without being in a shell that does Sea. I honestly do not care, but I'm sure it'll make someone feel good about themself.
    Stick it to the man, baby.

Those mages were the cameras for the respective versions videos. Thats why they weren't getting AOE'd because it'd be a real shame for the camera to die, wouldn't it?
    Ok, so they were the cameramen. Does that mean that they can't be there for a reason? I know it sounds stupid even to me but everything has been suggested, I'm just putting another suggestion out there. And yes, I will try this. I'm just putting it out there incase anyone else wants to. We're all trying to help each other here.

Quote Originally Posted by tyalangan
    Ok, so they were the cameramen. Does that mean that they can't be there for a reason? I know it sounds stupid even to me but everything has been suggested, I'm just putting another suggestion out there. And yes, I will try this. I'm just putting it out there incase anyone else wants to. We're all trying to help each other here.
    edit* sorry I read what you were suggesting wrong

But if that is the case to 100% prevent it, it'd be easy enough to do that with every job, unless it's like only a slight decrease in the chance of him using it....idk just thinking outside the box.

I think the testing of you using your 2 hour to slightly increase the duration between his next hour shows some pretty promising results to the fact that using your 2 hour when he does actually DOES do something.....it's just using that to actually beat him isn't enough yet

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

When are people going to learn that noone here is going to test their bullshit theories? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess never.

I ask Dumbass Questions and get Smartass Answers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by tyalangan
    i'm sorry but standing around doing nothing is proven to have zero effect.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8