Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

RMT and Mog Bonanza?

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...527_133441.png

Thought I'd share this. I wouldn't suspect they were RMT, except for the fact that they were all following one person and had absolutely no gear lol.. so I'm just assuming their RMT.

Also, what would happen if RMT won Bonanza? Again, no idea if these are RMT or not. :/

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: RMT and Mog Bonanza?

afink thats what the 1 month period is for before the results are announced so they can banstick all the RMTs attempts.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Ahh... fuck wrong Forum ><;

Can I get a mod to move this to Media Center or something? Lol.. my mistake...

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

moved to newbie/standard player discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Infini
    afink thats what the 1 month period is for before the results are announced so they can banstick all the RMTs attempts.
    It's going to be really hard to pinpoint RMT characters amongst the sea of new mules if all they do is level to 5, buy some ballz, and then wait a month.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Acturus
    It's going to be really hard to pinpoint RMT characters amongst the sea of new mules if all they do is level to 5, buy some ballz, and then wait a month.
    They could just ban all the accounts which have 16 mules and no leveled characters.

Not very many, if any, legit players will make an entirely new account. I can see someone paying for another 10 mules or whatever, but not getting a new account.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

/sick @ stomach these fuckwads will get it prolly

Quote Originally Posted by Therin
    Quote Originally Posted by Acturus
    They could just ban all the accounts which have 16 mules and no leveled characters.

Not very many, if any, legit players will make an entirely new account. I can see someone paying for another 10 mules or whatever, but not getting a new account.
    I have an account with 16 characters and none of them are leveled higher than 5.

I've had the characters for about 6 months, but I only just recently leveled them.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

We would like to congratulate Xyqzdx on winning 100,000,000G. Good luck to all players next year!

/facepalm

One can only hope they don't win.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I was under the impression that the month-long wait was so that they could analyze all of the marbles picked and then base the winning number off of which combination will result in the least amount (or maybe under a certain quota) of winners. Although I'm pretty sure they have the resources to get/write a program that could do that in a matter of minutes, so maybe the wait is so that they can reap the benefits of extra content id charges for a month.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Pergo
    I was under the impression that the month-long wait was so that they could analyze all of the marbles picked and then base the winning number off of which combination will result in the least amount (or maybe under a certain quota) of winners. Although I'm pretty sure they have the resources to get/write a program that could do that in a matter of minutes, so maybe the wait is so that they can reap the benefits of extra content id charges for a month.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. It'd suck if no one won the 1st prize on a server.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

what ARE the odds of winning though if one did get 10 marbles for one character?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

5 digits so that's 100.000 possible results...if you bought 10 tickets with different numbers it's

10/100.000 = 1/10.000 = 0.0001 which is 0.01%

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

i wouldn't get too excited about 1/10000... i had to get a catscan a couple months back and they made me sign a waiver that 1 in 10000 persons die from an allergic reaction to the iodine die....

winning mog bonanza = dying from a catscan

MaachaQ

I was just thinking about this... will there be 1 winning number for the whole game or 1 number per server? Imagine the hillarity if someone had a marble on one server that would win 100 mil on another server but nothing on his own... and his server transfer wasn't up yet

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Why would they care how many winners they are. All the prizes are in game items... they cost SE nothing to give away...

Or is this just a nother conspiracy theory that SE just wants to screw all the players?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Ambir
    Why would they care how many winners they are. All the prizes are in game items... they cost SE nothing to give away...

Or is this just a nother conspiracy theory that SE just wants to screw all the players?
    actually its quite the opposite. i'm pretty sure SE is going to make sure theres at least a few winners on every server. i think SE would care very much about how many winners there are... creating gil and items is going to affect the economy, you can best bet they're going to make sure they have a controlled amount of winners

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ambir

actually its quite the opposite. i'm pretty sure SE is going to make sure theres at least a few winners on every server. i think SE would care very much about how many winners there are... creating gil and items is going to affect the economy, you can best bet they're going to make sure they have a controlled amount of winners
    Yeah, wasn't the whole point of this that a lot of gil had been removed from the economy and fixed costs were becoming overwhelming (hi2u Dynamis)? If nothing else, injecting a large load of gil into the economy that'll presumably get spread around a bit and lead to further spending should provide a quick fix while working on a more permanent solution.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I've been under the impression that the month long wait is so that S-E can collect the $1 monthly fee from a shit-ton of new mules before they announce the winning #'s and all those mules are deleted.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto
    I've been under the impression that the month long wait is so that S-E can collect the $1 monthly fee from a shit-ton of new mules before they announce the winning #'s and all those mules are deleted.
    Obviously. Don't know why people are over thinking this. It's SE. They probably don't even know how to analyze the numbers. They just want more money.